Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

I disagree with this, the D got smoked by Matt Hasslebeck and Kenny Britt, they got smoked by Tarvaris Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, they gave up a 2 TD lead to Houston, and they're also responsible for getting smoked by Rivers.

I'll give them the Seahawks game because the amount of ST's fumbles put the D in a lot of really tough sitations with a short field, but that Chargers loss and the loss to Tennessee fell mostly because the D couldn't stop the passing game and couldn't get to the QB. If one of those games are a win then there is a distinct possibility that the Ravens host the AFCCG and not New England.
    So the defense has a two bad games in a total of 18 games during this season... Ill take that. But where is the offense to help the defense in those struggles??? Maybe the offense went 3 and out so many times (Chargers/Jaguars) that the defense was on the field for the majority of the game. Cam is way to predictable and if that doesnt change the offense will never change...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I disagree with this, the D got smoked by Matt Hasslebeck and Kenny Britt, they got smoked by Tarvaris Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, they gave up a 2 TD lead to Houston, and they're also responsible for getting smoked by Rivers.

I'll give them the Seahawks game because the amount of ST's fumbles put the D in a lot of really tough sitations with a short field, but that Chargers loss and the loss to Tennessee fell mostly because the D couldn't stop the passing game and couldn't get to the QB. If one of those games are a win then there is a distinct possibility that the Ravens host the AFCCG and not New England.
    You have selected a few examples in a few games of why the Ravens lost certain games.

AS a whole over the past 4 years, why would you sa they did not make it to the Superbowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I despise the thinking of "Cam isn't great, but who are you going to replace him with?". That's Harbaugh's f-ing job. Nobody knew who Josh McDaniels was before he took over the Patriots offense. What about Joe Philbin? Or from within the division, Jay Gruden? There are plenty of guys out there who aren't necessarily big names or people we even know of at this point but who could do a fantastic job of coordinating the offense. I'm not saying Cam was awful this entire year, or that I'm going to be incredibly pissed if he indeed stays, but the fact that it appears they haven't even gone out and explored other options, to me, is a complete joke.
    Again, you can't just go and interview any teams QB or any other position coaches that you want for coordinators jobs. You have to get permission and the team can deny it for whatever reason they want.

Who's to say the FO didn't branch out to some teams about their coaches and were denied permission?

None of you know, people just assume since Cam is coming back, the team didn't check what was out there. Sometimes, it's best to keep the guy on your staff until you find a guy you want instead of firing him beforehand, and have to hire someone that is even worse.

4. Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

It just keeps getting worse. Again, I will say this... this offense will never evolve with this bum at the helm. Joe is being held back IMO. It's just old. I guess if we can get a big target on the outside, that helps, but Cam's scheme is garbage. He has consistently called poor games this year. There is times in a game when we can't even pick up a first down. I'm not saying it's ALL on Cam. Sure, Joe can make better reads/throws at times and the OL and WR's could be more effective, but it's just frustrating. They have no creativity on offense, no one seems to get open which is why Ray Rice leads our team in receiving as well. Sure we could bring in Vincent Jackson or somebody like that, but then again we all thought Anquan Boldin was going to cure our offensive struggles and how did that exactly work out? I truly don't think it matter who we bring in, we have hit the ceiling with Cam and this O will not evolve. How is a QB coach supposed to make it better? Won't that be too many voices in Flacco's head, thus the reason we fired Zorn? It just goes to show that Cam and Flacco aren't always on the same page so they need someone else there to smooth it out. I just have a hard time believing this offense can take that next step with finishing games and just being what they could be potential wise with Cam still here. Hopefully I'm wrong, but this offense has been lackluster for the past two seasons at least.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The thing folks need to remember is that if the powers that be in the Ravens organization feel that there is no one out there who can do a better job then why make a change?

It would be stupid and bad business to hire someone that they didn't believe could do a better job.
    I could keep using the same "pitch" on my sales calls cause I know I close X%, but I may close more and I may not if I change... how will I know unless I try.

I agree with all you guys that their may not a suitable guy to replace Cam. BUT... I just don't want the notion of the offense to be disregarded. I believe SOMETHING has to be done this offense this off season. Whether its bringing in a QB coach or Cam changing up some of his schemes/philosophy. He needs a more creative game plan, just tired of the same comeback routes every series to predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You have selected a few examples in a few games of why the Ravens lost certain games.

AS a whole over the past 4 years, why would you sa they did not make it to the Superbowl?
    First 2 years, Joe turned the ball over way too much since he was young in our losses.

Last 2 years, crucial drops by our WR's.

Will the press conference be on 105.7?

we can debate all we want about whether bringing Cam back is the right thing to do. I have mixed feelings about whether he should stay or go but at the end of the day I'll trust the same owner, GM and coach who got us to the playoffs 4 straight years (with 2 championship appearances) to make the right decisions in the best interest of the ravens and not we fans.
    The only hump we need to get over (although a big one) is finishing and getting to the superbowl. That's the hump we need to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I could keep using the same "pitch" on my sales calls cause I know I close X%, but I may close more and I may not if I change... how will I know unless I try.
    If you run a business, it doesn't work that way.

Sure, you could hire someone better, you could also hire someone worse.

If the FO could not identify and get permission to interview or whatever for a guy they feel VERY confident about being an upgrade, you keep what you have as even though the Offense hasn't been the best, it has been good enough to get this team further than the organization has ever been sans that one single magical 2000 season.

11. Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

Exactly, I'd like them to at least explore. It's funny how we let teams raid our staff, but other teams void anyone from talking to their coaches... smh. If Cam stays, there has to be some type of change. We cannot keep rolling with his lethargic schemes and predictable play calling. Hopefully he's on a short leash.

Blog Entries

I agree Pees DC.
    Cam stays.
    Son-of-a-bitch.