Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
You have selected a few examples in a few games of why the Ravens lost certain games.

AS a whole over the past 4 years, why would you sa they did not make it to the Superbowl?
Well, this past season the specific reason was Lee Evans dropping a game winning TD pass and then Cundiff shanking a kick that would have tied it up.

Last season Housh dropped a pass on 4th and long that would have extended the drive rather than ending the game and a series or two prior to that Boldin dropped a go ahead TD pass. That said, the D gave up a 3rd and forever to a rookie WR who made a catch with 1 hand and his helmet.

It's really not even worthy of debate as to who is better. The talent is there, the execution needs to improve on offense, defense, and ST's.

My point was your claim that the offense was the reason that they couldn't get over the hump, but I disagree because for the past 3 years that "hump" has been not having a home playoff game...Joe Flacco and the offense engineered a come from behind victory over Pittsburgh. That was the deciding factor in a homefield game or not. This offense isn't the Patriots or Saints and cant put up 40+ points per game and honestly it's never going to be that way, but the defense getting blown out by the Chargers and forcing the offense to constantly have to play from behind is no way to win a ball game. That was my point. This isn't the Ravens of 2000 with the best D the NFL has ever seen. There were just as many plays left on the field from the defense and special teams as there was the offense.