Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 133
  1. #31

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)



    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You have selected a few examples in a few games of why the Ravens lost certain games.

    AS a whole over the past 4 years, why would you sa they did not make it to the Superbowl?
    First 2 years, Joe turned the ball over way too much since he was young in our losses.

    Last 2 years, crucial drops by our WR's.




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    168

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Will the press conference be on 105.7?




  3. #33

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    we can debate all we want about whether bringing Cam back is the right thing to do. I have mixed feelings about whether he should stay or go but at the end of the day I'll trust the same owner, GM and coach who got us to the playoffs 4 straight years (with 2 championship appearances) to make the right decisions in the best interest of the ravens and not we fans.
    The only hump we need to get over (although a big one) is finishing and getting to the superbowl. That's the hump we need to overcome.




  4. #34

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I could keep using the same "pitch" on my sales calls cause I know I close X%, but I may close more and I may not if I change... how will I know unless I try.
    If you run a business, it doesn't work that way.

    Sure, you could hire someone better, you could also hire someone worse.

    If the FO could not identify and get permission to interview or whatever for a guy they feel VERY confident about being an upgrade, you keep what you have as even though the Offense hasn't been the best, it has been good enough to get this team further than the organization has ever been sans that one single magical 2000 season.




  5. #35

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Exactly, I'd like them to at least explore. It's funny how we let teams raid our staff, but other teams void anyone from talking to their coaches... smh. If Cam stays, there has to be some type of change. We cannot keep rolling with his lethargic schemes and predictable play calling. Hopefully he's on a short leash.




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,454
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    I agree Pees DC.
    Cam stays.
    Son-of-a-bitch.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westminster, Md
    Posts
    170

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    here is the link for the live news feed

    http://player.streamtheworld.com/liv...N=RAVENS_VIDEO




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    If you run a business, it doesn't work that way.

    Sure, you could hire someone better, you could also hire someone worse.

    If the FO could not identify and get permission to interview or whatever for a guy they feel VERY confident about being an upgrade, you keep what you have as even though the Offense hasn't been the best, it has been good enough to get this team further than the organization has ever been sans that one single magical 2000 season.
    Here is the deal though. we can assume the Ravens did look at other guys for the job. But I doubt they contacted anyone, could you imagine if that got out before the season was over? Cause that just ended Sunday. They damn sure didn't interview anybody (in this day and age we would have had that leaked).

    So if they looked at anyone, all signs point to they didn't contact anyone, if they contacted anyone they didn't interview them.

    IT would be reasonable to assume they are satisfied with the results of the offense from Cam Cameron.




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    need to change the name of this forum to Cambitch24X7
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    168

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    here is the link for the live new feed

    http://player.streamtheworld.com/liv...N=RAVENS_VIDEO
    Thanks, jhoff.




  11. #41

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Here is the deal though. we can assume the Ravens did look at other guys for the job. But I doubt they contacted anyone, could you imagine if that got out before the season was over? Cause that just ended Sunday. They damn sure didn't interview anybody (in this day and age we would have had that leaked).

    So if they looked at anyone, all signs point to they didn't contact anyone, if they contacted anyone they didn't interview them.

    IT would be reasonable to assume they are satisfied with the results of the offense from Cam Cameron.
    Doubt satisfied is the right word. The franchise wants to win Lombardis. It's more there were probably not quite dissatisfied enough to fire him.




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Doubt satisfied is the right word. The franchise wants to win Lombardis. It's more there were probably not quite dissatisfied enough to fire him.
    That might be the most logical explanation for it.




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westminster, Md
    Posts
    170

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)





  14. #44

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Why isn't Clarence Brooks getting his well deserved chance as DC?
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

    On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Could be any number of reasons. Maybe the players and coaches like Pees' style more. Maybe Brooks just wants to stay DL coach.

    None of us can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Brooks is clearly better than Pees. All we have is Pees' track record as a DC in NE, versus Brooks' work as a DL coach. Pretty hard to equate the two.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland