Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 133
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westminster, Md
    Posts
    170

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)



    This will be a hell of a team again, and I'm excited to see if we can get over the hump again.
    How many HUMPS do we need to get over????

    It seems like every hump we have been hitting is the same exact hump. We can not finish the game on offense.... idk about you but im getting tired of hitting the same hump for 4 years in a row someone needs to be blamed and its pretty obvious who is at blame and needs to go.....




  2. #17

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    I understand the fan disapproval of bringing Cam back, but at the end of the day who are you gonna replace him w/? Also, it is pretty tough to fire a guy that helped the team go 12-4 this year.

    I think if Joe continues to progress and look the way he did in the AFCG, then a lot of the fire the Off Coordinator talk goes away.

    Go out and grab a Vincent Jackson and I really think this is a top 8 offense next year.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,744

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Sure there are some. Not calling anyone here a bandwagon fan.

    As for it "loosing luster" well, sucks for you guys...I am excited about this team and to watch guys get better and grow and see how far we can go. If anybody allows the fact that someone didn't get fired from a team that went 12-4 and was a play away from getting into the Super Bowl, well, I don't know what else to say.

    This will be a hell of a team again, and I'm excited to see if we can get over the hump again.
    That hump for the past 4 years has been the offense.. actually it's always been the offense.

    To get over the hump we need to score more points. I believe the talent is there, just not sure it's been used effectively.




  4. #19

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    How many HUMPS do we need to get over????

    It seems like every hump we have been hitting is the same exact hump. We can not finish the game on offense.... idk about you but im getting tired of hitting the same hump for 4 years in a row someone needs to be blamed and its pretty obvious who is at blame and needs to go.....
    I don't know what to tell you, I get very frustrated too, but there are 2 main points here that everyone is ignoring...

    A...we could have easily gotten over the hump WITH Cam if guys could finish plays

    and

    B...There is no gaurantee that anybody we would replace him with would be better. Again, you can't just say "hey, go hire the Saints QB coach" because the Saints (and every team) can block positional coaches from interviewing and taking coordinator jobs.

    So in the end, either enjoy winning football, or don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That hump for the past 4 years has been the offense.. actually it's always been the offense.

    To get over the hump we need to score more points. I believe the talent is there, just not sure it's been used effectively.
    Well considering we can't count on guys to catch crucial passes, I don't think the talent has always been there at least not clutch talent.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westminster, Md
    Posts
    170

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    To get over the hump we need to score more points. I believe the talent is there, just not sure it's been used effectively.
    Thats exactly it! It's not that Cam has not done a good job here.... But, with the talent he has on the offense he def not using it to his advantage. Some one said it in another post and it was spot on. Cam wants players to play to his scheme , he doesn't scheme to what his players are best at. I feel this offense can go to new heights if you take advantage of their strengths but Cam sure the hell does not seem to want to conform to their strengths.....




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,921
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That hump for the past 4 years has been the offense.. actually it's always been the offense.

    To get over the hump we need to score more points. I believe the talent is there, just not sure it's been used effectively.
    I disagree with this, the D got smoked by Matt Hasslebeck and Kenny Britt, they got smoked by Tarvaris Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, they gave up a 2 TD lead to Houston, and they're also responsible for getting smoked by Rivers.

    I'll give them the Seahawks game because the amount of ST's fumbles put the D in a lot of really tough sitations with a short field, but that Chargers loss and the loss to Tennessee fell mostly because the D couldn't stop the passing game and couldn't get to the QB. If one of those games are a win then there is a distinct possibility that the Ravens host the AFCCG and not New England.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,921
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    The thing folks need to remember is that if the powers that be in the Ravens organization feel that there is no one out there who can do a better job then why make a change?

    It would be stupid and bad business to hire someone that they didn't believe could do a better job.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #23

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The thing folks need to remember is that if the powers that be in the Ravens organization feel that there is no one out there who can do a better job then why make a change?

    It would be stupid and bad business to hire someone that they didn't believe could do a better job.
    That's the thing, people want a change just for change without knowing anything about other potential candidates...their philosophies, success, or even if they are available.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    2,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    I despise the thinking of "Cam isn't great, but who are you going to replace him with?". That's Harbaugh's f-ing job. Nobody knew who Josh McDaniels was before he took over the Patriots offense. What about Joe Philbin? Or from within the division, Jay Gruden? There are plenty of guys out there who aren't necessarily big names or people we even know of at this point but who could do a fantastic job of coordinating the offense. I'm not saying Cam was awful this entire year, or that I'm going to be incredibly pissed if he indeed stays, but the fact that it appears they haven't even gone out and explored other options, to me, is a complete joke.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westminster, Md
    Posts
    170

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    I disagree with this, the D got smoked by Matt Hasslebeck and Kenny Britt, they got smoked by Tarvaris Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, they gave up a 2 TD lead to Houston, and they're also responsible for getting smoked by Rivers.

    I'll give them the Seahawks game because the amount of ST's fumbles put the D in a lot of really tough sitations with a short field, but that Chargers loss and the loss to Tennessee fell mostly because the D couldn't stop the passing game and couldn't get to the QB. If one of those games are a win then there is a distinct possibility that the Ravens host the AFCCG and not New England.
    So the defense has a two bad games in a total of 18 games during this season... Ill take that. But where is the offense to help the defense in those struggles??? Maybe the offense went 3 and out so many times (Chargers/Jaguars) that the defense was on the field for the majority of the game. Cam is way to predictable and if that doesnt change the offense will never change...




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,744

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I disagree with this, the D got smoked by Matt Hasslebeck and Kenny Britt, they got smoked by Tarvaris Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, they gave up a 2 TD lead to Houston, and they're also responsible for getting smoked by Rivers.

    I'll give them the Seahawks game because the amount of ST's fumbles put the D in a lot of really tough sitations with a short field, but that Chargers loss and the loss to Tennessee fell mostly because the D couldn't stop the passing game and couldn't get to the QB. If one of those games are a win then there is a distinct possibility that the Ravens host the AFCCG and not New England.
    You have selected a few examples in a few games of why the Ravens lost certain games.

    AS a whole over the past 4 years, why would you sa they did not make it to the Superbowl?




  12. #27

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I despise the thinking of "Cam isn't great, but who are you going to replace him with?". That's Harbaugh's f-ing job. Nobody knew who Josh McDaniels was before he took over the Patriots offense. What about Joe Philbin? Or from within the division, Jay Gruden? There are plenty of guys out there who aren't necessarily big names or people we even know of at this point but who could do a fantastic job of coordinating the offense. I'm not saying Cam was awful this entire year, or that I'm going to be incredibly pissed if he indeed stays, but the fact that it appears they haven't even gone out and explored other options, to me, is a complete joke.
    Again, you can't just go and interview any teams QB or any other position coaches that you want for coordinators jobs. You have to get permission and the team can deny it for whatever reason they want.

    Who's to say the FO didn't branch out to some teams about their coaches and were denied permission?

    None of you know, people just assume since Cam is coming back, the team didn't check what was out there. Sometimes, it's best to keep the guy on your staff until you find a guy you want instead of firing him beforehand, and have to hire someone that is even worse.




  13. #28

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    It just keeps getting worse. Again, I will say this... this offense will never evolve with this bum at the helm. Joe is being held back IMO. It's just old. I guess if we can get a big target on the outside, that helps, but Cam's scheme is garbage. He has consistently called poor games this year. There is times in a game when we can't even pick up a first down. I'm not saying it's ALL on Cam. Sure, Joe can make better reads/throws at times and the OL and WR's could be more effective, but it's just frustrating. They have no creativity on offense, no one seems to get open which is why Ray Rice leads our team in receiving as well. Sure we could bring in Vincent Jackson or somebody like that, but then again we all thought Anquan Boldin was going to cure our offensive struggles and how did that exactly work out? I truly don't think it matter who we bring in, we have hit the ceiling with Cam and this O will not evolve. How is a QB coach supposed to make it better? Won't that be too many voices in Flacco's head, thus the reason we fired Zorn? It just goes to show that Cam and Flacco aren't always on the same page so they need someone else there to smooth it out. I just have a hard time believing this offense can take that next step with finishing games and just being what they could be potential wise with Cam still here. Hopefully I'm wrong, but this offense has been lackluster for the past two seasons at least.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,744

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The thing folks need to remember is that if the powers that be in the Ravens organization feel that there is no one out there who can do a better job then why make a change?

    It would be stupid and bad business to hire someone that they didn't believe could do a better job.
    I could keep using the same "pitch" on my sales calls cause I know I close X%, but I may close more and I may not if I change... how will I know unless I try.




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westminster, Md
    Posts
    170

    Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

    I agree with all you guys that their may not a suitable guy to replace Cam. BUT... I just don't want the notion of the offense to be disregarded. I believe SOMETHING has to be done this offense this off season. Whether its bringing in a QB coach or Cam changing up some of his schemes/philosophy. He needs a more creative game plan, just tired of the same comeback routes every series to predictable.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland