Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Irsay showing his true colors

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not sure how the Polians scouting Manning since he was in high school can be called "lucking" into him.

And winning a Super Bowl is a pretty big deal.

This feels like Bmore sour grapes.
    LOL. Scouting Manning since High School? So I guess they were the only ones that knew about him? They really unearthed a diamond there, right from obscurity.

The fact is everybody in the NFL knew who Manning was from high school. And every team in the NFL would have taken him #1 that year if they'd been LUCKY enough to have the #1 pick. This wasn't some scouting and development job; they had the #1 pick the year Manning came out so they took him, just like everybody else would have. It's called luck. They stunk before Manning and they'll stink after Manning.

And firing everybody in the building, a week before you host the Superbowl, sure isn't going to speed the recovery process up.

They were an awful team this year. They'll be worse next year. Even if Luck is the second coming of Manning, which is highly unlikely, they're still going to have to rebuild that team around him. It's going to take a few years before they're respectable even. I wonder if we'll be hearing about what a great owner Jimmy is when they win 14 games in half a decade and they're being blacked out.

I expect to see the Indianapolis franchise wallow in or near the AFC South basement for the next 5 years. Pagano will be the first of many head coaches to be axed quickly. After having had the taste of being one of the NFL's top teams, Irsay will not have the patience to await rebuilding results.

It wouldn't surprise me that Jimmy is back on drugs to see him through this fiasco. Like father, like son.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    LOL. Scouting Manning since High School? So I guess they were the only ones that knew about him? They really unearthed a diamond there, right from obscurity.

The fact is everybody in the NFL knew who Manning was from high school. And every team in the NFL would have taken him #1 that year if they'd been LUCKY enough to have the #1 pick. This wasn't some scouting and development job; they had the #1 pick the year Manning came out so they took him, just like everybody else would have. It's called luck. They stunk before Manning and they'll stink after Manning.

And firing everybody in the building, a week before you host the Superbowl, sure isn't going to speed the recovery process up.

They were an awful team this year. They'll be worse next year. Even if Luck is the second coming of Manning, which is highly unlikely, they're still going to have to rebuild that team around him. It's going to take a few years before they're respectable even. I wonder if we'll be hearing about what a great owner Jimmy is when they win 14 games in half a decade and they're being blacked out.
    Yep. Sour grapes.

Blog Entries

At what point does it become luck? They were a really bad team, got the #1 Overall pick and drafted Peyton Manning. Now, right after Manning's time there is done, they get the #1 pick again and will be able to draft Andrew Luck.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yep. Sour grapes.
    Hahaha. You caught me Detective. I don't like the Colts. And I'm going to enjoy watching them suck.

But what did I say that was incorrect?

Is it any coincidence that the Colts were the worst team in the NFL the year before Manning showed up, and the year after he "left?"

Do you expect them to turn it around quickly, or will they most likely stink for the next few years?

If they do stink for the next few years do you think the fans will support them like they have w Manning, or will it revert to what it was like before he showed up?

Do you expect Irsay to show patience and stability in the face of rebuilding the franchise, or will he continue w this amateur hour crap he's already begun this off-season?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    At what point does it become luck? They were a really bad team, got the #1 Overall pick and drafted Peyton Manning. Now, right after Manning's time there is done, they get the #1 pick again and will be able to draft Andrew Luck.
    They weren't just bad for a year when they got Manning, or on a downswing or anything like that, they were consistently one of the worst franchises in the NFL. Now that he's gone they immediately return to being one of the worst franchises in the NFL. That isn't a coincidence in my book, maybe it is for others.

Luck, may be a great, great QB prospect. In fact, he surely is; he maybe the best QB prospect since Manning. That doesn't mean he's going to be as good as Manning. In fact, he most likely will not be. I'd bet on that, and the odds would be quite in my favor.

They're not going to plug Luck in for Manning next year and win 10 games like nothing ever happend. They're going to be very bad next year w Luck. They won 2 games this year, and they're losing alot of their best players, on top of Manning. This will be a multi-year rebuilding effort.

Let's see how the fans support that, and what kind of patience and organizational-building skills Jimmy shows in the process.

Blog Entries

Now reports surface that the decision to release Manning has already been made several weeks ago.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...?eleven=twelve

Which would only make a LOT of sense, given all the turnover that is going on over there. But of course, Irsay denies it. Why would he release Manning before he has to, and miss on all those season tickets he can sell before that? Why would he release Manning now, except to show him respect and give him a chance to look for another team sooner rather than later?

Blog Entries

I don't think it takes a capologist to see that they are going to cut him around the end of Feb and rebuild. He knows it and that's probably a part of why he's lashed out a bit. it's over

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

No way manning comes back. No one will trade for him so he will be cut. All the chaos aside, it will be an interesting year for Indy and their fans. Luck better be the real deal. As an side, is anyone worth 28 million dollars to play 16 football games?

The guy I feel bad for is Luck. Having to follow Peyton's legacy with a terrible team. If I were Luck I'd say I don't want to play in Indy. That fanbase when they lose on s constant basis will be lucky to have 40,000 people in the stands. Plus, not sure Pagano is HC material. Luck should pull an Eli " I won't play is SD bit".

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Now reports surface that the decision to release Manning has already been made several weeks ago.
    Not surprising. I'm sure he began contemplating this decision around the time Manning had surgery at the least.

Also, Manning has to know what's up. Irsay fires everyone who was there working with Peyton?

After 15 years of being in the background, Irsay now comes more into the media and tweets more and all? He's becoming the face of the franchise until Luck legitimately can.

I'm sure the decision was made weeks ago. And some point just before Manning talked to the media, he realized what was happening. They both have now known for a while. This back-and-forth in the media may play out until just before Manning is due his money and that's it. It'll be over.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Blog Entries

Jimmy did use LA as leverage for a new dome but LA didn't want him.

:)

And that was after his drug days and playing guitar in John Mellencamp's band.

http://www.ibj.com/the-score/2009/12...AMS/post/15117