Blog Entries

Can probably pull Brad Childress' name off the OC possibilities...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...b-with-browns/

The Browns have interviewed both Mike Sherman and Brad Childress. Sherman looks to be headed to Miami, so Childress would wind up in Cleveland.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Can probably pull Brad Childress' name off the OC possibilities...

Good. Hated how he handled that whole Brett Favre situation.

Blog Entries

Sounds like their agent can make all his money off the Browns... maybe they can bring in Randy Moss.

OK seriously, given their state of affairs and lack of a QB, I'd of thought they'd go with an established OC. When has Childress called plays? He didn't do it in Philly and I don't think he called plays in Mini. Just seems odd

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Chilly called plays in Minnesota.

I don't think he called them in Philly though. Ever since Andy Reid has been there he's pretty much called the shots on offense.

Personally, I'm glad that Chilly could be off the market. I don't think he would have been a good fit with the Ravens. Maybe as an offensive consultant...but not the coordinator.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I know his system probably would work well here and hes friends with Harbs, but i dont think he related well with players and thats probably one of the biggest knocks on Cam with Flacco. That and not setting up an offense to his strengths, that little problem.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Sounds like their agent can make all his money off the Browns... maybe they can bring in Randy Moss.

OK seriously, given their state of affairs and lack of a QB, I'd of thought they'd go with an established OC. When has Childress called plays? He didn't do it in Philly and I don't think he called plays in Mini. Just seems odd
    I think that's the point. Shurmur wants to call the plays. This way he can get still do it and point to the Eagles as an example of how Chili worked in that role.

If the OC is replaced - and let's face it, the likelihood is slowly decreasing - it looks like it'll be for a assistant off someone else as opposed to a track record or a promotion within (which Montgomery would be the only possible candidate).

That said, didn't think Chilly was ever considered for here. Sherman's a WCO guy.