Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Uh Oh Jen is NOT a happy camper, demanding answers from Steelers president Art Rooney

Looks like Jen didn't like it when someone told him how it was gonna be firing his puppet Arians.

They let his ego get completely out of control and now look what is happening.

These are some fightin' wordsif I ever heard them!!

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_778590.html

HONOLULU — Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has questions about the direction of the Steelers' offense, and he plans to seek out team president Art Rooney II when he returns to Pittsburgh after playing in the Pro Bowl on Sunday night.

"When I get back I'm going to go up to Mr. Rooney's office and ask him what he wants from me, what he wants from this offense, because I think that's a viable question for him," Roethlisberger said Thursday in an exclusive interview with the Tribune-Review following a light Pro Bowl practice. "He's our owner and our boss, so I really would like to know kind of what he wants and where he sees our offense going because I'd like to tell him where I see us going."

"We feel like we are really close to being an elite offense," said Roethlisberger, who will play in his second Pro Bowl. "For your leader to be gone is kind of a shocker for us, but you've got to be ready for it, and whatever the Rooneys and coach (Mike) Tomlin decide is our next step. I think the (Steelers') mind was made up, and B.A. was kind of ready to move on as well."

Bruce Arians, who has a close relationship with Roethlisberger, will not return after serving five seasons as the Steelers' offensive coordinator. The Steelers said Arians retired, but Arians said earlier this week that his contract had not been renewed.

Arians was supposed to go to Hawaii as Roethlisberger's guest for the Pro Bowl, but pulled out after everything went down with Steelers.

Rooney, in an interview with Steelers.com, sidestepped a question about the circumstances under which Arians left. Rooney said that moving forward was the most important thing.

The Steelers declined to comment on what Roethlisberger said, the quarterback's first public comments since Arians' departure.
    Jenny wants some answers and he is marching right into the presidents office when he gets back....that will show them! Guy thinks he just runs the show around there and damn sure isn't going to have the "team president" show him up.

I think this thread title on their board just about says it all.....

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1897&t=8625519

"Big Ben: I'm calling you out, Art"

Gonna be a LOOOONGGG offseason in the Burgh folks.

Re: Uh Oh Jen is NOT a happy camper, demanding answers from Steelers president Art Rooney

If he's truly implying that he plans on waltzing into Art's office 'demanding answers' then he needs to be put in his place, especially after all the crap he's pulled in previous off-seasons.

That said, there are a couple different ways you could read this, so I'm not ready to assume that's how he meant it.

Re: Uh Oh Jen is NOT a happy camper, demanding answers from Steelers president Art Rooney

If you're the 21st-best scoring offense after playing a cupcake schedule you're hardly elite.

Stop sucking in the red zone. I think that's the message Rooney would want to get across.

right now Pigsburgh desperately needs their qb so he can get away with an awful lot.
    wouldn't it be a hoot if Arians went somewhere else (Oakland?) and the molester follow him when his contract expires?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

This is what happens when you make your bed with questionable characters. Santonio Holmes acts immaturely, fails multiple drug tests and throws drinks in women's faces, and get himself shipped out of town. Ben acts immaturely, earns a bad reputation around town, breeds a host of veteran players that do not care much for him, gets accused of rape twice (Accusation is one thing, but even Steelers fans who knew how Ben acted around town, felt that he was guilty in the second case), doesn't get shipped out of town.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I heard the interview and it wasn't as bad as the article made it out to be. He didn't sound mad or bitter about what happened. As for asking Mr. Rooney what he'd like to see. He's the owner of the 'company'. Don't most employees want to know what's expected of them? Way too much made of this IMO.

Actually the interview didn't sound that bad. He didn't sound angry. Just sounded like he wanted to know what he could do to make the owners happy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    I heard the interview and it wasn't as bad as the article made it out to be. He didn't sound mad or bitter about what happened. As for asking Mr. Rooney what he'd like to see. He's the owner of the 'company'. Don't most employees want to know what's expected of them? Way too much made of this IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by madmikey View Post
    Actually the interview didn't sound that bad. He didn't sound angry. Just sounded like he wanted to know what he could do to make the owners happy.
    Now you know how we Ravens fans feel when Joe jokes about the media about getting credit or when Reed says the team needs to play better than the interviewers ask about Joe and that gets blown out of proportion.

Welcome to the world of the media over dramatizing things to attract readers.

Saw an interview with Florio where he actually raised a good point. If you throw the ball too much, you wind up with WRs accumulating big stats and demanding big salaries (which is where the Steelers find themselves now).

If you run a bit more, you can go with dime-a-dozen RBs and save your cap a bit.

Long-term I don't think the Steelers can keep Brown and Wallace - especially if they keep giving them both the ball.

This topic is #2 on PTI coming up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by madmikey View Post
    Saw an interview with Florio where he actually raised a good point. If you throw the ball too much, you wind up with WRs accumulating big stats and demanding big salaries (which is where the Steelers find themselves now).

If you run a bit more, you can go with dime-a-dozen RBs and save your cap a bit.

Long-term I don't think the Steelers can keep Brown and Wallace - especially if they keep giving them both the ball.
    Yep. That's right, they won't be able to keep both. Not with their contracts. I think they are counting on Wallace leaving, like Holmes was sent packing. Ben knows this and that's why he is upset and sees the writing on the wall. Wouldn't be all that surprised to see him ask to be dealt. Could happen. I wouldn't be shocked at all.

This is ridiculous. He is not upset. He just wants to know what Rooney expects of the offense in the future. The header to this thread is pointless - this is more like something from the National Inquirer, as is some of the insight (that is being generous). There is nothing in the quotes that expresses anger of displeasure on his part.

Reading comprehension has gone out the window......