Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doug Gottlieb

Doug Gottlieb

Generally, I enjoy listening to Doug Gottlieb, but today he said something that threw me off. He stated that the Ravens run of success was coming to an end because they are old. He said when people in a profession get old, they take cheap shots at others to make them feel like they're still dominant. While that may be true, I don't see how that pertains to the Ravens. Ray and Ed are old, but I didn't see them or the rest of the team trying to get away with anything during the playoffs. Also, I don't believe their success is coming to an end either. We all know they have a great core of young talent and an outstanding front office. Did anyone else hear him say this? Maybe I misheard something.

Re: Doug Gottlieb

Why should I care what the character from King of Queens thinks?

Blog Entries

He doesn't know much about the NFL, really. The Ravens aren't a "high profile" enough team for him to watch or know more than whatever the standard file at ESPN has on them, which he basically repeats like a parrot. Since ESPN in general hasn't updated it's file since 2000, I would almost expect Gottlieb to mention how they went 5 games without a touchdown last season.

4. Re: Doug Gottlieb

Such a false, repetitive comment. And isn't he an NCAA basketball analyst? Ray and Ed are our two older guys and they're still performing at a high level. Idiots.

Gottlieb is a walking, talking cheap shot.

I didn't know Rice's recent birthday made him 38.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Blog Entries

I also enjoy Gotleib, he typically has decent things to say about the Ravens. Im not sure where this "old players take cheap shots" came from but its certainly not the truth. Might be for the likes of Rodney Harrison and other aging players that always played dirty but not here on the Ravens. Is it just me or did we cut down on penalties extremely well this season?
    -JAB

It's the token knock against the Ravens when people dont wanna do their homework...I remember Warren Sapp earlier in the year was saying this and naming guys that werent even Ravens anymore like Kelly Gregg and Trevor Pryce.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    It's the token knock against the Ravens when people dont wanna do their homework...I remember Warren Sapp earlier in the year was saying this and naming guys that werent even Ravens anymore like Kelly Gregg and Trevor Pryce.
    what a horrible state the media is in. if that isnt proof that they literally dont watch the games or do any research before "stating their opinions", i dont know what is.

I think for people that dont actually watch the Ravens, our defense comes down to Ray Lewis and Ed Reed being special players and carrying the entire defense. While i admit they do a good job, weve played well without each. They arent the entire defense but the average fan wont see it that way.
    -JAB

It's going to be funny watching all the stories about how in the world are the Ravens still dominant without Ray and Ed? How can this be?? who's this Lafarius Jebb guy? And Gary Williams quit coaching to play CB? And Freddy Kruger plays LB?? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTime37 View Post
    Generally, I enjoy listening to Doug Gottlieb, but today he said something that threw me off. He stated that the Ravens run of success was coming to an end because they are old. He said when people in a profession get old, they take cheap shots at others to make them feel like they're still dominant. While that may be true, I don't see how that pertains to the Ravens. Ray and Ed are old, but I didn't see them or the rest of the team trying to get away with anything during the playoffs. Also, I don't believe their success is coming to an end either. We all know they have a great core of young talent and an outstanding front office. Did anyone else hear him say this? Maybe I misheard something.
    I generally like him as well, but as some others here pointed out. He's out of touch here.
    Last edited by CRZA938; 01-27-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: My grammar ain't no good

The analysts and "experts" have been calling the Ravens old since 2005. These same "experts" are completely ignorant to the fact that the Ravens are one of the most efficiently run organizations in sports. Unfortunately, BSPN will not give the Ravens the credit they deserve b/c they don't play in the NFC East and don't play in Boston or New York. I watch less and less BSPN b/c all of the BS is annoying.