Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Anybody Else Not Amused By This?

It just seems awfully......corny. It probably tool all of 5 minutes to create, if your going to be "edgy" at least be funny about it.

2. Re: Anybody Else Not Amused By This?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    And this was exactly my point.
    I'm not overly sensitive in the least (as people that know me can attest), but I thought this was done in very poor taste by the local newspaper at a time when most of it's subscribers are still stinging a little from last Sundays game result.

I tend to equate this piece to the dickheads that thought it would be "cute" and "amusing" to hoist up a Mayflower flag on the tailgate parking lot when the Colts were playing here back in the 2006 playoffs.
    Nobody really thought that was amusing or a clever attempt at humor either on that lot.
    It's a bit different from that surely. They obviously held that up to piss of Baltimore football fans in a "we've got your team" way. What the Sun did was take the fact that Indy stole the Colts and merged it with the idea that the Colts were "stealing" Pagano. I thought the very same thing when I saw the news. "Wonder if his stuff's getting loaded up in a Mayflower truck"

It's a poor attempt at humour, and they've failed in part because it was such a half assed effort but it's not the same Colts fans holding up a Mayflower Flag in a blatant attempt to incite trouble.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    It's a poor attempt at humour, and they've failed in part because it was such a half assed effort but it's not the same Colts fans holding up a Mayflower Flag in a blatant attempt to incite trouble.
    Nope, it's not the same Colts fans doing it, but it is directed to the same home town fan base, and is even in more bad taste IMO since it's the home town paper doing it.
    I'm going to assume if it was the Indy Star that did it, it would be getting viewed in the same manner as I'm viewing it except with alot more venom from alot more people.
    If where the pic is originated and published separates it's level of distaste among those that see it, then it's level of distaste is obviously in very poor judgement.
    One would think the home newspaper in This town would know better given the history over the years that that same paper was responsible for reporting on.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

We've had 4 or 5 DC move on to bigger and better things... i honestly cant see how anyone could get mad or INSULTED by a bad photoshoped picture of that mayflower truck. My god, please, Get over it!
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Lacks class and humor.

DOUBLE FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Lacks class and humor.

DOUBLE FAIL.
    This!

Hopefully the truck flips over.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk