Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Kindle had a hard time digesting the playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    OK, but he wouldn't be the 1st player to struggle learning how to play in the NFL - James Harrison got cut 4 times in his first three years (3times by PGH, once by us), primarily due to his inability to learn the playbook:
    And you can see when the broncos played the steelers and had James harrison looking confused all day shows why it took him so long to learn a playbook. all muscle and no brain. He cant read plays and his awareness sucks. I hope kindle is not like that.

Re: Kindle had a hard time digesting the playbook.

Is that bad awareness? just saying I dont like the guy either

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    The Ravens do employ one of the most complex defenses in the league. Theres plenty of smart guys that cant decipher it very well (Tom Brady for instance).
    Tom Brady plays for the other team, he doesn't have the playbook. Kindle and defense probably have study sessions all the time.

Maybe they should give him a shot of tequila every time he remembers a play correctly. Positive reinforcement. It worked for that pavlov guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    The first and most glaring comparison is that he has no problem digesting booze.
    ...lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

It would not surprise me if Sergio Kindle put himself at a disadvantage. Not long after he was drafted, he was making declarations of winning the Defensive Rookie of the Year. In July, we all expect that he had a few too many to drink and fell down the stairs. After that, instead of studying the playbook, he was getting his head worked on.

If he has truly changed his ways, he will make this team and make an impact. It will be, because he put in the work this off-season. Both physically and mentally. If he does not make the team, we will know why.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

There was another guy who didn't get the playbook for two teams until late in his career - James Harrison.

I'm not saying that Kindle will be as slow or as gifted as Harrison but in the end he needs reps.

OTA's and training camp are going to tell the story or more specifically if he's cut or kept.