Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Kindle had a hard time digesting the playbook.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...g-up-mentally/

Kindle worked closely with Outside Linebackers Coach Ted Monachino to learn the scheme. He estimated he found a way to retain it about midway through the season.

Instead of just reading the playbook, Kindle started to draw the formations himself and then write in what his responsibilities are on each play, per offensive formation, per route.

“We just tried to find ways for it to stick and we did,” Kindle said. “It just simplified it for me.”

“Sergio has made tremendous progress in his learning of the playbook,” Monachino said.

That would be such a HUGE thing if Kindle could step up and be a legit pass rusher next year. Between he and Kruger, Kindle is much more athletic and could learn to drop into coverage effectively.

Hopefully a full off-season with the team will be a good remedy for him.

If he does turn out to be a good player I hope he remembers the faith that the Ravens organization put in him when it comes time for him to re-sign.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Kindle had a hard time digesting the playbook.

Pretty obvious he ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    How long did he have this book?

Did he have it the entire 1st year he was put on IR?

Does the playbook change at all now that Pagano is gone?

I got to think there is definitely stuff that will change that will require more mental training.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

The first and most glaring comparison is that he has no problem digesting booze.

It''d be so awesome to get some production out of him next year, in the few plays he was in against the Colts he showed he still had a lot of quickness left. Amazing to thing it'll be his 3rd year in the league next year.

He's going to have an impact next year.

He's just too talented to not have an impact. Plus odds are JJ is gone unfortunately.

Say what you want about the guy, but he isn't lazy, he works hard. Giving up hope on this guy doesn't make sense.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Same knock he had in Austin.

Can't fix stupid I'm afraid.

I'm sure the head trauma has had an effect on his short term memory-relearning how to learn is a daunting task for anyone in that position.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.869320,-117.227248

That's about right. It usually takes rookies a year to really learn the playbook depending on position. Plus, Pagano's scheme was different than Mattisons. Also, remember no OTA's and a short camp. He will be fine, crazy good athlete. He will be in the mix next season. Old expression in the NFL- for every rookie you start it will cost you 1 game.

Blog Entries

The title isn't misleading at all I don't think.

The article clearly states that one of the reasons why he was only active for two games was because he had a hard time with the playbook, so he and Ted Monachino had to figure out a new way in which to help him learn his assignments, which they did and he's in a better spot now than he was back in August regarding his understanding of what they're trying to do.

HR -

No, you definitely can't fix stupid (Ron White. Nice.), but at the end of the day it's refreshing to see Monachino taking the time to find new ways to help his players learn. Everyone has their own specific way that they learn. Some learn from reading, some learn from listening, some learn from photos, some learn from physically doing the act, and sometimes there are combinations of the types. It was important that Monachino was able to identify a method that works for Kindle.

Physically - just from an athletic stance - he could very well be the most athletic defensive player on the Ravens' squad. It's worth it for them to try and find new ways to help him get on the field.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 01-26-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'm personally excited about what he may be able to bring to the table, if he is able to contribute at any level then it's a bonus. Like justlovemybirds said if the colts game is telling of anything it's that the talent is still there.

11. Re: Kindle had a hard time digesting the playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The title isn't misleading at all I don't think.

The article clearly states that one of the reasons why he was only active for two games was because he had a hard time with the playbook, so he and Ted Monachino had to figure out a new way in which to help him learn his assignments, which they did and he's in a better spot now than he was back in August regarding his understanding of what they're trying to do.

HR -

No, you definitely can't fix stupid (Ron White. Nice.), but at the end of the day it's refreshing to see Monachino taking the time to find new ways to help his players learn. Everyone has their own specific way that they learn. Some learn from reading, some learn from listening, some learn from photos, some learn from physically doing the act, and sometimes there are combinations of the types. It was important that Monachino was able to identify a method that works for Kindle.

Physically - just from an athletic stance - he could very well be the most athletic defensive player on the Ravens' squad. It's worth it for them to try and find new ways to help him get on the field.
    Ehh wicked its a bit misleading... It makes it sound like he's absolutely hopeless, and has a negative tone to it.

It didn't bother me becuase i read the article, and i know what you meant, and the context it was in, but people don't read the Article, they just go off the thread title.

The article was actually positive, and saying Kindle is making great progress. His coaches are impressed with his progress.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    The first and most glaring comparison is that he has no problem digesting booze.
    ..and he has major problems with complicated actions like walking on stairs and driving a car.