Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: When was the game lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Nope - that band only knows one song. And it might help some to go look at the playbook before you say the Ravens ran it too much on those first few posessions..
    For those of you who don't care to look, the play call on the first 3-and-outs were run/pass/pass, run/pass/pass, run/pass/pass.

Blog Entries

Bottom line is, the game should have been won when Evans caught the ball but did not concentrate enough to hold on to it when it was stripped. The game was then lost when Billy Cundiff inexcusably misses a 32 yard FG that any kicker making his sort of money should make every time. No matter what happened in the game, this is the true and sad facts that had Evans made that catch we would be getting ready to play the Giants in Indi. Sure we could have done things differently through out the game, but the Patriots would have adjusted them selves had Leach caught that ball and ran it in for a TD for example, or if on our first drive we where to score. It doesn't matter, fact is we are not in the SB because of two inexcusable plays by two players who are getting paid millions.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Bottom line is, the game should have been won when Evans caught the ball but did not concentrate enough to hold on to it when it was stripped. The game was then lost when Billy Cundiff inexcusably misses a 32 yard FG that any kicker making his sort of money should make every time. No matter what happened in the game, this is the true and sad facts that had Evans made that catch we would be getting ready to play the Giants in Indi. Sure we could have done things differently through out the game, but the Patriots would have adjusted them selves had Leach caught that ball and ran it in for a TD for example, or if on our first drive we where to score. It doesn't matter, fact is we are not in the SB because of two inexcusable plays by two players who are getting paid millions.
    Very true. It said in SI that the Ravens sideline actually started to celebrate when the ball was in Evans hands in the end zone. All he had to do was squeeze it and we would all be getting ready for the Super Bowl now. (And I'm pretty sure the Ravens would have beaten the Giants)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    :grbac:

:DeadHorse:

Really? Do you have anything else in the tank?
    Yes. You guys need to think a little out of the box.

The game was lost when the NFL announced the Lock-out this summer which basically kept the Ravens from making a change at the OC position lol. ;)

Try to pay attention now! :)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Some forget that Brady missed Gronk for a wide open TD down the middle. If Joe would have missed his receiver on that people would still be talking about it. That TD could have changed the game too.

When it's all said and done the game was over when Cundiff missed the kick, not sure why that's so hard to see. He makes it the game continues, he missed it and it was over. It's simple.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Some forget that Brady missed Gronk for a wide open TD down the middle. If Joe would have missed his receiver on that people would still be talking about it. That TD could have changed the game too.

When it's all said and done the game was over when Cundiff missed the kick, not sure why that's so hard to see. He makes it the game continues, he missed it and it was over. It's simple.
    As if we beat the Patriots in overtime.

Within 24 hours after the game ended, and not reading any comments here or elsewhere, I convinced myself that the Ravens had three great opportunities to win the game (in chronological order):

1. Ahead 17-16 and shortly after Woodhead's fumble-turnover with 2:15 left in the third quarter, 1st and 10, Flacco rolls out and fails to see Leach wide open for a virtually guaranteed TD catch. IMHO, Flacco was foolishly committed to throwing into the endzone and never looked for an alternative. A 24-16 score would not have guaranteed a Ravens win but it certainly would have put them in a position to take control of the game for the first and only time. I believe the fourth quarter, in that case, would have belonged to the Ravens.

2. Ahead 20-16, and the Patriots with a 4th and goal at the Ravens 1-yard line, Ray Lewis fails to stop Brady from leaping over his O-line. Why didn't Lewis move up closer to deny Brady that option? If the Ravens defense holds there, what does that do to the Patriots psychologically? I believe it is a crucial turning point and the Ravens maintain the lead for the remainder.

3. Behind 23-20, Evans' failed reception in the endzone is the Ravens' last and final opportunity.

Close games don't always have to end as close games. There is an unwritten rule in the NFL which smart teams try to follow: When you are facing elimination, when your entire season is on the line, do NOT rely on the officiating OR your placekicker. Regardless of its critical circumstance, Cundiff is supposed to make that kick. Nevertheless, it needs to be stated for the record, that after 2-1/2 years as a Raven and to the best of my knowledge, that was Billy's first opportunity to attempt a FG with the game 'on the line'. Unfortunately, the season was also 'on the line' and he failed.

8. Re: When was the game lost?

Yeah the game was lost when Evans got stripped. It could have been won on other plays but that play lost the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Cam lost the game for us when he pissed away the first quarter trying to runn Ray Rice into the line. It wasn't the first time and it won't be the last (if he stays).

A lot of people want to give Cam credit for alling a good game yet they say nothing about the mindless 1st quarter or some of the indiotic running plays that he called in the 4th quarter.

Cam's good enough to get you close - but not good enough to get you there
    I disagree. There was nothing wrong about trying to pound the rock in the early going. I didn't have a problem with him doing so on the first several possessions. Even when it doesn't gain yards, running the football in the early part of the game wears on the defense and slows up the pass rush.

Wilfork was dominant. That's not on Cameran, and it's certainly not something he can know in the first few possessions.

This is getting really beyond just proof...... what lost every game this year????? The OC trying to prove his point. Sick and tired of excuses for play calls. JH was suppose to be more involved in the offense. LOL never happened. Cam refuses to change his game plan. We should have blown certain teams out this year. We did not becuase CAM tried to RAM his gameplan down everyones throat when it was 180 degrees from the weakness of teams we played. CAM failed. BUT JH failed even more by not telling CAM to FIX his sheet! PERIOD. Now biscuit is saying that the 10% of fans??? CHILD PLEASE.

I tortured myself by going back last night and re-watching the game and the number of plays other than the obvious 2 at the end with Evans and Cundiff where I felt we left points and/or better scoring opportunities on the field were more than I originally perceived back when the game was played.

Needless to say, I won't be watching another replay to drive myself crazy. But man, the Ravens offense really need to work on executing on the road.

When we failed to get 7 after the Patriot fumble. That would have made it 24-16 and NE would have needed a TD with 2 point conversion just to tie. Not getting in the endzone from the 2 early in the game hurt, too. You can't leave points on the field in big games and this is the main reason I have no faith in Cam.