Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Should Ravens Switch to a 4-3 Defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    3-4 vs 4-3 base is over rated. As long as we stop the run, most of the big games will be played in a nickle base anyway. The Ravens have always used a variety of formations.
    IMO defense is much more about the players than the scheme. Can your front 4 ge pressure, can your CBs cover 1 on 1, do you need both safties deep or can one be a box player and still match up? If you have a hole in your defensive personel the scheme is almost always going to be trying to cover that up and not mixing it up and keeping the OC guessing.
    Yep. In the new NFL, they rarely call holding. Plus, the most important thing is having good cover corners and Lb's who can cover as well. It's becoming 7-7 drills.
    Stop the run, anyway you can. Then cover your arse off.

Does JJ have the speed and quickness to play 4-3 WLB? I thought a 4-3 WLB should be able to play well in open space. It's not that JJ would be bad at it, but I can't see him being an ideal fit there either. Wouldn't he be better as the SLB, which is pretty much what he does now, where he works in traffic and can square up against blockers and set the edge? He does that well already.

Do we really have a proper 4-3 WLB type on the team? If I had to pick one I'd say it's Ayanbadejo but I can see that most of you are thinking with different criteria so I'm wondering why you're thinking JJ.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    Does JJ have the speed and quickness to play 4-3 WLB? I thought a 4-3 WLB should be able to play well in open space. It's not that JJ would be bad at it, but I can't see him being an ideal fit there either. Wouldn't he be better as the SLB, which is pretty much what he does now, where he works in traffic and can square up against blockers and set the edge? He does that well already.

Do we really have a proper 4-3 WLB type on the team? If I had to pick one I'd say it's Ayanbadejo but I can see that most of you are thinking with different criteria so I'm wondering why you're thinking JJ.
    JJ is a free agent. If they went 4-3 they wouldn't look to resign him. Even if they stay 3-4 JJ is probably just 50/50 at coming back.

4. Re: Should Ravens Switch to a 4-3 Defense?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    JJ is a free agent. If they went 4-3 they wouldn't look to resign him. Even if they stay 3-4 JJ is probably just 50/50 at coming back.
    JJ IMO is not really needed on our team. yes he does a good job setting the edge but i know our defense will get faster without him. If he come back i hope he has smaller role and takes a pay cut.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So how does running a 3-4 help with the LB situation?
    They can play games with Suggs' versatility in the 3-4. In the 4-3, he would be a full-time DE, likely rushing from one side. You need a more athletic MLB in the 4-3, which is why Ray would not be able to do it full time. There is less space for him to cover in the 3-4, so they don't run the 4-3 full-time.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCorvax View Post
    Yes. Soon as we can add Justin Tuck and JPP
    Hehehehehehehe

Can we add Hakeem Nicks and Cruz too while we're at it?

I really like that Salsa' dance thing Cruz does when he catches a TD.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!