Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

AFC North predictions for next season

After our heart breaking loss in the AFC championship, all I have been thinking about is what to do in the off season, whether that being what we can do with our cap room, FA, or the draft. With that said, here are my predictions of how I think the division will finish next season.

1. Ravens (finish 12-4 again, losses will come to Texans, the Steelers on the road, the Bengals, and the Chargers on the road. Additionally will clinch another bye week in the play off's.)

2. The Bengals (finish 11-5, losses will come to the Ravens on the road, the Steelers on the road, Browns on the road, Giants at home, and the Dolphins at home. Will make play off's as a wild card.)

3. The Steelers BOLD PREDICTION (finish 9-7, losses will come to the Ravens on the road, the Bengals on the road, the Browns on the road, the Cowboys on the road, the Giants on the road, the Chargers at home, and the Jets at home. Will lose some of their players in off season due to cap issues, and will miss the play off's)

4. The Browns (finish 6-11, wins will come from Steelers at home, the Bengals at home, Bills at home, Redskins at home, Colts on the road, Broncos on the road. I also think that they will draft RG3)

Do you think that's realistic?

Re: AFC North predictions for next season

I'll take it!! Maybe wishful thinking with steelers. Certainly I think there is some potential for the Steelers to fall a little, but with Big Ben and the receivers they have they will still be very very tough.

Blog Entries

Why not just start predicting 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by Yards View Post
    I'll take it!! Maybe wishful thinking with steelers. Certainly I think there is some potential for the Steelers to fall a little, but with Big Ben and the receivers they have they will still be very very tough.
    i wonder if they will pay wallace. they usually don't pay the big bucks and they have Brown as insurance but i still think Wallace is a big piece of their offense.

Blog Entries

its a bit early as Gota has pointed out. we have no idea what our team will look like let alone others. I do foresee the Steelers losing a lot of personnel including Harrison (cut for cap) and failing to reach the playoffs. i have them at 8-8 personally but i also didnt think they were as good as their record this year. I think the Broncos (another team that didnt belong in the playoffs) proved as much.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

There is so much parity in the NFL year to year.

Who would have thought the Niners would beat out the Packers and Saints for a shot at the Super Bowl?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If the Browns get RGIII or a solid FA QB to add to their weapons they could make some noise.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Kinda soon for predictions, a lot will change between now and then, but you do get a general feel for where teams are heading or what they can do in the offseason.

I won't put numbers up, but I agree with the OP's order of finish.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    After our heart breaking loss in the AFC championship, all I have been thinking about is what to do in the off season, whether that being what we can do with our cap room, FA, or the draft. With that said, here are my predictions of how I think the division will finish next season.

1. Ravens (finish 12-4 again, losses will come to Texans, the Steelers on the road, the Bengals, and the Chargers on the road. Additionally will clinch another bye week in the play off's.)

2. The Bengals (finish 11-5, losses will come to the Ravens on the road, the Steelers on the road, Browns on the road, Giants at home, and the Dolphins at home. Will make play off's as a wild card.)

3. The Steelers BOLD PREDICTION (finish 9-7, losses will come to the Ravens on the road, the Bengals on the road, the Browns on the road, the Cowboys on the road, the Giants on the road, the Chargers at home, and the Jets at home. Will lose some of their players in off season due to cap issues, and will miss the play off's)

4. The Browns (finish 6-11, wins will come from Steelers at home, the Bengals at home, Bills at home, Redskins at home, Colts on the road, Broncos on the road. I also think that they will draft RG3)

Do you think that's realistic?
    I think we own the Squeelers for a couple of years. I see all of us around 10-6 though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If the Browns get RGIII or a solid FA QB to add to their weapons they could make some noise.
    The problem is that even if RG3 has the same impact as Newton has this year (unlikely), look at the Panthers record, and this is still the Browns we're talking about.... I'm not sold on the current management/coaching of the Browns either. Was very impressed with their defense this season though.

I'm just throwing predictions out there, I don't want to jinx us or anything, but we are probably looking in best shape out of all the other teams in the AFCN, the Steelers and the Benagls both have major issues cap wise. Although the Bengals do have two first round picks, and if they build from their success from this season I can see them being even better at 11-5. But again, would not surprise me if they bungul it out as they have done in the past.

Next year's schedule is going to make 12-4 tough.. although the division in general get's a tougher schedule so I have no problem with the order of:

Ravens
    Bengals - although I think they're over rated..
    Steelers - Have some decisions to make and could lose 4 starters on D due to salary cap casulaties
    Browns - Still need more than they'll get in one draft.

That being said, next year's home schedule is unlikely to give us an 8-0 record. It includes 5 teams which made the playoffs:

Patriots
    Giants
    Steelers
    Bengals
    Broncos

As well as the Cowboys and Raiders. The patsie on the home schedule would be the Browns. 7 pretty good teams in there.

It does look good for a few home night games though doesn't it?

Road games will be a challenge too with the Texans, Chargers and Eagles on it besides the AFC North.

http://baltimoresportsreport.com/exa...nts-23279.html

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    its a bit early as Gota has pointed out. we have no idea what our team will look like let alone others. I do foresee the Steelers losing a lot of personnel including Harrison (cut for cap) and failing to reach the playoffs. i have them at 8-8 personally but i also didnt think they were as good as their record this year. I think the Broncos (another team that didnt belong in the playoffs) proved as much.
    Cutting Harrison this year would save them no money. It's possible he could be cut next year. The more likely cuts this year are: Farrior, Foote, Ward, McFadden, Hampton, Battle, Smith (and Hoke who just retired).

There are not many other cuts that would actually save them money. Cutting the guys listed would save them around $20 million. They'll lose veteran leadership, but frankly most of the guys listed were not full-time starters any more, so it's tough to say what the full impact would be.

They'd also likely restructure a couple of contracts.

EDIT: Add Kemo and Will Allen to the likely cuts.

If they cut the players listed above and restructure contracts like Woodley and Timmons (both of whom are due large roster bonuses), they can save more than $30 million which gets them well under the cap. It will mean they lose veteran depth on the bench and whether they have enough wiggle room to re-sign Wallace remains to be seen.
    Last edited by madmikey; 01-26-2012 at 11:31 AM.