Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: AFC North predictions for next season

The scheduling gods have smiled on the Ravens. With the exception of the unwanted flipping of Denver and San Diego, we are fortunate to have the better teams from AFC West and NFC East playing in Baltimore. I could see 7-1 to even another 8-0 at home. If the road jinx against weaker teams can be fixed, another 12-4 to 13-3 could happen.

If the Steelers can't address their cap issues without a major refreshing of youth, I could see them falling off to 10-6 to even 8-8. The Bengals will continue to bungle and the Browns are the Browns.

The OP's prediction looks good to me, at this time.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

They need to remind themselves every play of every quarter how important getting the 1 seed is.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    (Chargers) who seems to have our number lately.
    2-2 in the last 5 years can hardly be called having our number. Hell, we seem to be trading victories with them which bodes well for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    They don't really "have our number", they had a big win over us this season, other than that we haven't really played them much, and actually won the game in 2009.
    If it's in San Diego, they have our number. We were fortunate to win 2009 even though Rivers shredded our defense and you saw the results this year not to mention getting shredded again in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    2-2 in the last 5 years can hardly be called having our number. Hell, we seem to be trading victories with them which bodes well for next year.
    Yes but in San Diego we are 1-2. Lost 32-14 in 2007, 34-14 this year and barely won 31-26 in 2009. Rivers has been the difference maker in these games.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: AFC North predictions for next season

While it is too early to say if I'll win or lose at our local poker game tonight, I'll attempt to give my prediction... At this date, without going thru FA or the draft, I really believe the Ravens have the most talent in the AFCN. I don't see why this team cant make another strong run in 2012. Too early to give wins or losses, but I feel sure we will be a playoff team again... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I believe Harrison signed his deal in 2009. meaning this would have been his 3rd year under the deal. all contracts in the NFL are basically 3 year deals. 10 mill guaranteed should already be accounted for so I think his injuries and larger cap number may be a reason. its just my opinion, havent heard anything suggesting such.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot....t-details.html

The Steelers will not cut Harrison. Cutting him would create about 3.5 mil in dead money while saving only 5.5 mil, and Worilds is not ready to start IMO. Cutting someone like Ward would make more sense because it would save 4 mil while only creating 600k in dead money.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Yes but in San Diego we are 1-2. Lost 32-14 in 2007, 34-14 this year and barely won 31-26 in 2009. Rivers has been the difference maker in these games.
    I wouldn't use the 2007 team as a barometer. That was a decimated team, and pre Harbaugh/Flacco.

Either way, that's a tough game though.

With the schedule, I could see us doing 7-1 at home, 4-4 or 5-3 on the road. So probably somewhere around 11-5 or 12-4 is my best guess, as things stand now. A lot could change between now and then though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vinny600 View Post
    The Steelers will not cut Harrison. Cutting him would create about 3.5 mil in dead money while saving only 5.5 mil, and Worilds is not ready to start IMO. Cutting someone like Ward would make more sense because it would save 4 mil while only creating 600k in dead money.
    I think its a definite Ward is gone if he isnt a FA, which i thought he was. I can see them gutting the team as theyll have to in some capacity anyway just to get under the cap. Why Keep Harrison if youre doing a youth movement anyway? Youre talking about a 34 year old LB with back issues that has regressed. I think it would be a smart move on their part. teams have cut players for more dead money than 3.5 million, so i dont see that as a deterrent. 5.5 is 5.5 and they need all the help they can. Like i said i dont think its definite, but i do think itll happen. Worlids is thought of pretty highly in Pitt, and i think if given the chance would be able to step up for a fraction of the cost. Its a business move, and i see it as a possibility.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    4. The Browns (finish 6-11, wins will come from Steelers at home, the Bengals at home, Bills at home, Redskins at home, Colts on the road, Broncos on the road. I also think that they will draft RG3)
    Poor Cleveland Browns. Only they could find a way to go 6-11 and lose a 17th game. :D

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think its a definite Ward is gone if he isnt a FA, which i thought he was. I can see them gutting the team as theyll have to in some capacity anyway just to get under the cap. Why Keep Harrison if youre doing a youth movement anyway? Youre talking about a 34 year old LB with back issues that has regressed. I think it would be a smart move on their part. teams have cut players for more dead money than 3.5 million, so i dont see that as a deterrent. 5.5 is 5.5 and they need all the help they can. Like i said i dont think its definite, but i do think itll happen. Worlids is thought of pretty highly in Pitt, and i think if given the chance would be able to step up for a fraction of the cost. Its a business move, and i see it as a possibility.
    They don't really need to do a youth movement. Cutting:

Hampton
    Kemo
    Hoke
    Smith
    Farrior
    Foote
    Battle
    Allen
    Ward
    McFadden

... would save them over $20 million. Deferring the roster bonuses for Woodley and Timmons over the length of their contracts saves about another $10 million. So there's $30 million they can save right off the bat without cutting any players of significance.

Again, where they'll be hurting is on veteran depth off the bench - they really won't have a lot.

Blog Entries

Ravens 15-1 with the one loss coming to the Bengals in Baltimore.

Beat the Steelers 44-14 in Baltimore and 31-3 in Heinz Field.

Steelers finish 10-6.