Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    People really need to stop repeating this mantra. The Pats were the 2nd worst D in yards allowed, not points allowed.

The Pats were 15th in points allowed at 21 ppg (19 ppg at home).

So, if you're going to say that the Ravens only scored 20 points on the Pats (which really should have been 27, unless you are going to blame Evans' drop on Cam), then you have to compare that with the correct statistical ranking.
    I think this is an example of statistics only telling part of the story.

IMO the discrepancy between the Patriot defense's ranking in yards allowed (#31) and points allowed (#15) is due to the Patriots winning the turnover differential in most of their games. In other words, the defense really was weak, allowing opponents to move up and down the field, but they'd manage a few key turnovers to avoid giving up a couple of scores each game.

We had only one turnover on Sunday (and stole two from them) so the Patriots defense largely failed to stop us that way, yet they kept us roughly at their average points allowed anyway.

So one could say that the Ravens defense gave the Ravens offense the rare good fortune of winning the turnover battle against the Patriots and our offense still could not do any better than 'average'. In my view that is a failure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I just hope the Sun is wrong. They had a QB coach and Flacco liked him. They had to get rid if him because there were too many voices in Flacco's head. So now the issue is that there are not enough voices in Flacco's head? If this happens I'm going to lose a lot of respect for Harbaugh.

Is no wonder we lose like this every year.

It's the system stupid - from the top to the
    bottom.

Welcome to the new Eagles.

IF WE CAN'T GET ONE YARD WE DON'T DESERVE TO BE CHAMPIONS.

VINCE LOMBARDI

I JUST HOPE WE GET INTO THE PLAY OFFS
    EVERY YEAR.

STEVE B ISIOTTI
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-26-2012 at 03:49 PM.

3. Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

How will a qb coach change the play calling and make adjustments on the run during the game? A qb coach is not the answer to the problem.

What this says is that they think the main reason for the Ravens not doing better than they did was Joe and Cam's relationship, not the system. So they're going to put another buffer between them.

Since Cam's staying, I hope they take a few OL during the draft, at least one, hopefully two, who can jump right in and play.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I think this is an example of statistics only telling part of the story.

IMO the discrepancy between the Patriot defense's ranking in yards allowed (#31) and points allowed (#15) is due to the Patriots winning the turnover differential in most of their games. In other words, the defense really was weak, allowing opponents to move up and down the field, but they'd manage a few key turnovers to avoid giving up a couple of scores each game.

We had only one turnover on Sunday (and stole two from them) so the Patriots defense largely failed to stop us that way, yet they kept us roughly at their average points allowed anyway.

So one could say that the Ravens defense gave the Ravens offense the rare good fortune of winning the turnover battle against the Patriots and our offense still could not do any better than 'average'. In my view that is a failure.
    I hear ya, but I also think that the Pats' D's poor yardage statistics and their high number of turnovers also has to do with the fact that the Pats' offense was one of the better ones in the league. As such, they often were playing from the lead and their opponents were forced to play catch up. That means their opponents were throwing the ball more, which leads to more yards allowed, but also more turnovers.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

6. Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

Lmao.... Priceless Reactions. Who didn't see this coming? haha

With all the Armchair coordinators we have, i'm surprised we've ever lost a game.

Catch a few more balls, give Joe more time. Give him another big play threat... You know what's funny? Its hilarious how when Joe has time to throw the ball we look incredible, funny how that works.

I'm trusting the experts, you know the guys that get paid millions of dollars to make these decisions. Either way i'm fine, but if they think Cam coming back is right i'll trust them. Whether they fire him or not i'm trusting the guys that know what went wrong, and the guy's that are around Cam all the time. They know what the problem was. Sorry guys but you might not know as much as you think you know. Heaven knows i dont know what's going on in the Castle, i don't know why plays didn't work. They do, and they will make the right decisions in order to fix it.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

bottom.

VINCE LOMBARDI

EVERY YEAR.

STEVE B ISIOTTI

The whole "Eagles South" thing is so ridiculously overplayed and baseless.

John Harbaugh coached in Philly...he MUST be just like Andy Reid...

Laughable if anyone thinks that Bisciotti isn't furious over the outcome of the season and isn't doing things to make the team better.

If Cam stays here another year it has nothing to do with them wanting him. It means that there wasn't anyone better available.

Plus, this is all complete speculation at the moment. Until it's on www.baltimoreravens.com none of it means jack. All of these reporters with inside information on what the Ravens are doing are full of shit. No one has inside info on the Ravens. The Ravens organization is about as tight-lipped as they come.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Lmao.... Priceless Reactions. Who didn't see this coming? haha

With all the Armchair coordinators we have, i'm surprised we've ever lost a game.

Catch a few more balls, give Joe more time. Give him another big play threat... You know what's funny? Its hilarious how when Joe has time to throw the ball we look incredible, funny how that works.

I'm trusting the experts, you know the guys that get paid millions of dollars to make these decisions. Either way i'm fine, but if they think Cam coming back is right i'll trust them.
    Joe throws the ball well regardless of how much time he had or not.

60%+ completions, 2 TD's (3 if Evans hangs on) and 300+ yards when the OL was giving up made pressure to 3 DE's?

Joe can get it done.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

9. Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

bottom.

VINCE LOMBARDI

EVERY YEAR.

STEVE B ISIOTTI
    Dude please relax with that Bullshit.

10. Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Joe throws the ball well regardless of how much time he had or not.

60%+ completions, 2 TD's (3 if Evans hangs on) and 300+ yards when the OL was giving up made pressure to 3 DE's?

Joe can get it done.
    If i'm not mistaking you're in the same camp as i am.. whatever they do is fine right? fire him or keep him.

They have film, they have a sheet of the plays cam called. They have all the resources to make the right decisions. They know why plays didn't work, they know why Cam called certain plays when he did. I mean the answer is there. Trust me they wont keep Cam if they think it will hurt their teams.

Why do we argue that? I think this is clearly a case of Fans acting like they know too much. Nothing better than Know it all fans right?

Blog Entries

=wickedsolo;415108If Cam stays here another year it has nothing to do with them wanting him. It means that there wasn't anyone better available.
    That's not a bad thing. I like having the best available

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

The whole "Eagles South" thing is so ridiculously overplayed and baseless.

John Harbaugh coached in Philly...he MUST be just like Andy Reid...
    Yeah, I said the same in another thread earlier today. It's really starting to get old.

It's sort of like calling Paul Kruger the next Dan Cody before he even played a down in the NFL because they were both picked in the 2nd round and both were white.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap