Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreBrawla View Post
    Why do you think it even came down to that? 20pts on the worst D in the league.
    I would tend to agree, but the Patriots D showed up that day. They didn't play like the 31st ranked D. They weren't lights out, but when you can get pressure with 3 guys up front, you're doing something right.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per Mikey Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    So true...

I think we will continue to make the playoffs though. Cam hasn't stopped us from getting that far. What he'll do is hold us back from getting to the top of the mountain. He'll be just conservative enough, just predictable enough, get just a little too little out of his receivers... enough... to fall short again and again.

He's too good to fire in a heartbeat, but not good enough to get us where we want to go.

2011: "Cam failed again but we'll keep him because there's a lockout and we need continuity. But this year Cam must prove he can do the job. No excuses."

2012: "Cam failed again but we lost Pagano and we need continuity. But this year Cam must prove he can do the job. No excuses!"

2013: "Cam failed again but we couldn't find any exciting names to replace him with. But this year Cam must prove he can do the job. No excuses!!!"

2014: "Cam failed again but we've been to the playoffs seven times in a row so we can't fire him. But this year Cam MUST prove he can do the job. No excuses!!!!!"

2015: "Cam failed again but it's because Anquan Boldin is old and should retire. But this year Cam MUST prove he can do the job. No excuses!!!!!"

2016: "Cam failed again but it's because LeMarcus Whoozat was a pretty bad left guard for us. But this year Cam *MUST* prove he can do the job. No excuses!!!!!"

2047: "Cam failed again but it's because he's old and senile. Give the guy a break he's about ninety years old. Too bad we haven't won a Super Bowl since 2000. I wonder why?"
    Loved this.

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreBrawla View Post
    Why do you think it even came down to that? 20pts on the worst D in the league.
    People really need to stop repeating this mantra. The Pats were the 2nd worst D in yards allowed, not points allowed.

The Pats were 15th in points allowed at 21 ppg (19 ppg at home).

So, if you're going to say that the Ravens only scored 20 points on the Pats (which really should have been 27, unless you are going to blame Evans' drop on Cam), then you have to compare that with the correct statistical ranking.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    People really need to stop repeating this mantra. The Pats were the 2nd worst D in yards allowed, not points allowed.

The Pats were 15th in points allowed at 21 ppg (19 ppg at home).

So, if you're going to say that the Ravens only scored 20 points on the Pats (which really should have been 27, unless you are going to blame Evans' drop on Cam), then you have to compare that with the correct statistical ranking.
    Thanks...that "we scored 20 points ont he 31st defense in the league" crap was annoying the hell out of me.

As for Cam, I don't think anybody is happy that he is coming back, but all the doom and gloom crap is dumb. When we need to make plays in our last 2 playoff games, Cam/Joe has put us in position to make them only to have our recievers drop passes at crucial times...Boldin go ahead TD drop with 3 minutes left in the game and TJ's drop to keep our last drive alive in Pitt last year, and Evans drop (to go along with our OL getting manhandled on a 3 man rush on the play before the FG that if Joe had a little more time and stayed in the pocket, Boldin was open at about the 10 and probably could have at least gotten out of bounds) on Sunday.

People forget that we've won 28 out of 32 games and had our OC and QB putting our guys in position to win these playoff games and perhaps get to the Superbowl, only to have players...the players, fail to make the routine play.

I think some are of the "anybody but Cam" mindframe...while I myself would like them to uncover someone else out there, I'd say some of you should be careful of what you wish for...beleive it or not, there ARE worse OC's out there than Cam...firing him just to fire him may not be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think some are of the "anybody but Cam" mindframe...while I myself would like them to uncover someone else out there, I'd say some of you should be careful of what you wish for...beleive it or not, there ARE worse OC's out there than Cam...firing him just to fire him may not be the answer.
    :word

I've thought he was gone that last 2 years, but at this point, the names out there (Childress, Hue) haven't been really appealing to me.

That said, Mike Sherman is a name that would be interesting, now that it appears he's not getting the TB HC job (after having a 2nd interview).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would tend to agree, but the Patriots D showed up that day. They didn't play like the 31st ranked D. They weren't lights out, but when you can get pressure with 3 guys up front, you're doing something right.
    Lets give them credit....I agree. I didn't think fat Vince could go a whole game. I was wrong.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    :word

I've thought he was gone that last 2 years, but at this point, the names out there (Childress, Hue) haven't been really appealing to me.

That said, Mike Sherman is a name that would be interesting, now that it appears he's not getting the TB HC job (after having a 2nd interview).
    Actually, Mike Sherman is a guy who I'd be interested in as the OL coach if they're set on keeping Cam.

Apparently Sherman is interviewing with Miami right now for the OC position.

A lot of people seemed to get hung up on this "31st ranked defense" thing where the Pats are concerned. Clearly they aren't as bad as that. As others have pointed out, New England is more stingy with points than they are with yardage. And the Ravens did get roughly 400 yards net offense, which isn't at all shabby.

Getting back to the topic of coordinators, I can't believe we lost Chuck Pagano so quickly. Sigh. Murphy's Law, I guess. Chuck leaves but (at least for now) Cam stays. I know it's not confirmed at this point, and that more changes could be in the offing, but this doesn't give me a warm & fuzzy looking ahead to the 2012 season. Could the Ravens find an OC better than Cam given who might be available? I don't know. But I'm not sure how much difference a new QB coach would really make as long as ol' Cam is in there calling the same predictable game plan. And the Ravens have a very tough schedule next year.

Blog Entries

On one hand, you have won twelves games in consecutive years with Cameron as the offensive coordinator. On the other hand, at some point, this offense needs to become a proactive and dictating offense. They can't keep riding this defense the way that they are, only to suddenly ask Joe to save them when the defense has a bad day. The defense should be able to have the same comfort in the offense that the offense has in the defense. Most of the pieces are in place for an offense with those capabilities. Some of them are just young and need development. Other than a WR with some size and quality hands on the outside, to help move Boldin into the slot, there is not much more that is really needed, talent wise, for this offense.

The question is whether or not Cam Cameron will get the offense to that level.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

That is my biggest fear Ex.

When the Packers won the SB their D was one of the best in the league...1 year later their D dropped significantly. It's not like they don't have good players on their squad...it just happens. Not every year is like the last and not ever week is like the last.

Blog Entries

I usually do not advocate this sort of thing, but I would not mind if Bisciotti made the final decision here and got rid of Cameron. I have to admit, I think that Cameron is getting some of his orders from Harbaugh, who is just trying to think of the best way to win. The issue is not whether or not he has been right. It is clear that he 'has' been right, far more often than not. However, it's just not a good way to develop an offense. Anything could happen next year to damage this defense. Your offense shouldn't have the mentality that, 'Uh Oh, we have to step up now'. It should go into every game with the mentality that no prisoners will be taken, because that is the mentality that has made the defense what it is today.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per Mikey Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    So true...

I think we will continue to make the playoffs though. Cam hasn't stopped us from getting that far. What he'll do is hold us back from getting to the top of the mountain. He'll be just conservative enough, just predictable enough, get just a little too little out of his receivers... enough... to fall short again and again.

He's too good to fire in a heartbeat, but not good enough to get us where we want to go.

2011: "Cam failed again but we'll keep him because there's a lockout and we need continuity. But this year Cam must prove he can do the job. No excuses."

2012: "Cam failed again but we lost Pagano and we need continuity. But this year Cam must prove he can do the job. No excuses!"

2013: "Cam failed again but we couldn't find any exciting names to replace him with. But this year Cam must prove he can do the job. No excuses!!!"

2014: "Cam failed again but we've been to the playoffs seven times in a row so we can't fire him. But this year Cam MUST prove he can do the job. No excuses!!!!!"

2015: "Cam failed again but it's because Anquan Boldin is old and should retire. But this year Cam MUST prove he can do the job. No excuses!!!!!"

2016: "Cam failed again but it's because LeMarcus Whoozat was a pretty bad left guard for us. But this year Cam *MUST* prove he can do the job. No excuses!!!!!"

2047: "Cam failed again but it's because he's old and senile. Give the guy a break he's about ninety years old. Too bad we haven't won a Super Bowl since 2000. I wonder why?"
    MONEY!!! Can wee get this on a billboard in front of the Castle?