Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per Mikey Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway to 7 View Post
    Wow, from my perspective it's great, but you kept your idiot OC, and we fired ours, you also lost Pagano - so, up to yet it's advantage STEELERS.

Very strange decision to keep CC that offense was so sterile and predictable, you need to give Joe Flacco better support than that.
    At least we don't have to lose half our team to salary cap hell. Enjoy competing with the Browns for 3rd place next season.

Blog Entries

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I just hope the Sun is wrong. They had a QB coach and Flacco liked him. They had to get rid if him because there were too many voices in Flacco's head. So now the issue is that there are not enough voices in Flacco's head? If this happens I'm going to lose a lot of respect for Harbaugh.
    Cameron hasn't gotten along with a QB coach that we have had here yet. He didn't like Hue and he didn't like Zorn. Get rid of both of those guys and we still struggle on offense.

Not only does Cam not prepare his players well enough and they underachieve on offense, he doesn't even get along with his freaking QB. What more does it take for him to get lost? Does Flacco have to refuse to re-sign here.

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per Mikey Donuts

I try to be reasonable, and not over react. BUT we need a change, we need something to take us over the hump. CC's offense has not done that. I know there have been issues that have not helped him, but it would be a huge bummer if he comes back. I like the guy personally and I am sure he'll get another gig sooner than later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I think that the fact Cameron has been scouting and that the Ravens have not brought in anyone for interviews is telling. They need to be careful not to judge the entire season based on Sunday's game, which was a pretty well called game, IMO. That shouldn't make up for the disasters at Jacksonville and Seattle, which is where our chance at a Super Bowl was really lost.

I'm purely speculating but it may be a case where Harbaugh's preference is to keep Cameron but Bisciotti, who has always had his finger on the pulse of the fans, wants to see change there as much as most of us do. Guess we'll see what happens. Right now, I'd say Cameron is coming back...
    No one would really know if they had or haven't had initial interviews with different coaches.

Again, these aren't things that the Ravens organization blasts to the media the second it happens.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

5. Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per Mikey Donuts

Don't fool yourself, Cam called another bad game on Sunday. Did you guys see any production in the 1st quarter? Same old, same old. Joe had to make a lot of great throws in tight windows all day. I really just see this as a no brainer and there has to be someone better than Cam out there or else there must be a lot of ineffective offensive assistants.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I know. The Ravens are SO fucking insane for wanting to repeat as much as possible that saw them a dropped pass, and shanked field goal, away from going to the Superbowl.

Wholesale changes are neccessary after such a pathetic year!!!!!
    We are not talking about the entire team we are talking about an offensive unit that is average at best and keeping the Ravens from fulfilling their full potential.

2008- Cam's offense ranked 18th overall
    2009- 13th ranked
    2010-22nd
    2011- 15th

If that's not mediocrity, I don't know what is. We've seen the best that Cam can offer and if we want to get over the hump, we need to make a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    We are not talking about the entire team we are talking about an offensive unit that is average at best and keeping the Ravens from fulfilling their full potential.

2008- Cam's offense ranked 18th overall
    2009- 13th ranked
    2010-22nd
    2011- 15th

If that's not mediocrity, I don't know what is. We've seen the best that Cam can offer and if we want to get over the hump, we need to make a change.
    our offense has gone no where since Joe's rookie year, time for a new OC

Blog Entries

I guess my question would be - regardless of OC - how did the OL's play REALLY impact the year?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I guess my question would be - regardless of OC - how did the OL's play REALLY impact the year?
    The problem is that Cam never adjusted to reduce the impact of a weak OL, he kept running the long time consuming routes. No slants/ not quick blitz busting throws in the middle...
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

If its not the OL, its the wr, or the QB or whatever. Good coaches find ways to overcome. Tell me that our offensive line this year, isn't better than the patch work lines that the Steelers have had the last two times they went to the Superbowl. They still found a way to make it work. Why can't the Ravens? Cameron tries to cram his players into his style instead of adapting that style to fit his players strengths.

We have to have all pro's at every position to make Cam's offense work. It's just not possible. Time to find someone more flexible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    If its not the OL, its the wr, or the QB or whatever. Good coaches find ways to overcome. Tell me that our offensive line this year, isn't better than the patch work lines that the Steelers have had the last two times they went to the Superbowl. They still found a way to make it work. Why can't the Ravens? Cameron tries to cram his players into his style instead of adapting that style to fit his players strengths.

We have to have all pro's at every position to make Cam's offense work. It's just not possible. Time to find someone more flexible.
    Bingo.

That is exactly why you ALWAYS hear.. "we just need to execute better". Which he is right, but as you just pointed out that means almost every player needs to win every matchup or it won't work.

It's like a game of "jinga" pull the wrong piece out and the whole thing falls down.

Blog Entries

No one would really know if they had or haven't had initial interviews with different coaches.

Again, these aren't things that the Ravens organization blasts to the media the second it happens.
    I have to disagree with that, if they had held interviews with anyone, it would have been out there, from Aaron Wilson or one of the guys from WNST, someone like that. The media here other than the Sun is usually good at uncovering that information if it's out there, especially AW. Besides, interviews aren't something teams tend to hide for the most part.