Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per Mikey Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by BeMore-Not-BeLess View Post
    I think that the Qb coach that will be hired is going to be the incumbent OC when Cam leaves, it'll provide a smoother transition. This follows how the Ravens ahve hired from within for the last 4 DCs
    If Cam isn't gone after this season, he certaintly won't be gone after next season or the season after that. If he stays, then the front office is perfectly happy with our offense over the last 4 years.

Let me see if I've got this right:
    We lose our DC, who may well take one of our best D coaches and one or more of our D players with him.
    We keep our much-maligned OC.
    And we'll be as good as or better next year as we were this season?

I said in another thread and I now devoutly hope I'm guessing right: MAYBE Cam has been told he can stay, but he must upgrade his staff.
    I think we can all agree Cam is not directly responsible for dropped passes, but HIS WR coach is.
    Cam is not directly responsible for wildly inconsistent OL play, but HIS OL coach is.
    If Cam does stay, I hope he fixes those two areas. Another QB coach? Deja vu all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Let me see if I've got this right:
    We lose our DC, who may well take one of our best D coaches and one or more of our D players with him.
    We keep our much-maligned OC.
    And we'll be as good as or better next year as we were this season?

I said in another thread and I now devoutly hope I'm guessing right: MAYBE Cam has been told he can stay, but he must upgrade his staff.
    I think we can all agree Cam is not directly responsible for dropped passes, but HIS WR coach is.
    Cam is not directly responsible for wildly inconsistent OL play, but HIS OL coach is.
    If Cam does stay, I hope he fixes those two areas. Another QB coach? Deja vu all over again.
    I'm sure Cam has some say for the position coaches, but the coaches are the responsibility of the HC.

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    This will take away all optimism for next year if true. Another year of frustration and seeing Joe not progress if Cam is around.
    THIS, I just can't take it, I can't stand the inconsistency of our offense knowing that they are better than the game planning. I can't STAND Cam Cameron. The dude can't make in game adjustments to save his life. Plus, I REALLY want to see if it has been Joe holding Joe back or Cam (which I believe it to be).

5. Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

I hope South Harmon gives him a call, word is they need a new coach.

So who would we replace Cameron with? Obviously someone who knows how to utilize their players to their strengths, someone who is consistent and lets joe do his thing. I just do not know who is available or who would be willing to part ways. someone on here said earlier he is one of the highest paid OCs so lets offer his contract to someone that can put this offense higher than 19th in passing yards and 10th in rushing yards.

A lot of people have a lot of good suggestions for how Cam can change next year. These people clearly haven't been paying attention...

8. Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per Mikey Donuts

Wow, from my perspective it's great, but you kept your idiot OC, and we fired ours, you also lost Pagano - so, up to yet it's advantage STEELERS.

Very strange decision to keep CC that offense was so sterile and predictable, you need to give Joe Flacco better support than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway to 7 View Post
    Wow, from my perspective it's great, but you kept your idiot OC, and we fired ours, you also lost Pagano - so, up to yet it's advantage STEELERS.

Very strange decision to keep CC that offense was so sterile and predictable, you need to give Joe Flacco better support than that.
    Another troll. Nothing's been decided yet on Cameron, yes we lost Pagano but there are qualified DC's waiting in the wings. Plus our predictable sterile offense kicked the shit out of you once, and beat you at home the second time last year, so nice memory...

Have fun in salary cap hell this off-season!
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway to 7 View Post

that sterile offense kicked the steelers ass twice... before they lost to Tebow! bwa ha ha

thanks you made my morning

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think that the fact Cameron has been scouting and that the Ravens have not brought in anyone for interviews is telling. They need to be careful not to judge the entire season based on Sunday's game, which was a pretty well called game, IMO. That shouldn't make up for the disasters at Jacksonville and Seattle, which is where our chance at a Super Bowl was really lost.

I'm purely speculating but it may be a case where Harbaugh's preference is to keep Cameron but Bisciotti, who has always had his finger on the pulse of the fans, wants to see change there as much as most of us do. Guess we'll see what happens. Right now, I'd say Cameron is coming back...

Blog Entries

The fat lady hasn't sung yet on this issue, and Preston doesn't count.

Cam hasn't had his contract extended either. Super Bowl week is all about networking. We have to wait and see what happens.