Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    DO you recall what the reason they couldn't get over the hump was?

I know QB was one, but I don't recall if it was their Defense or Offense etc.
    For them, IIRC, it was mostly QB.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    There's a team a couple of hours northwest of here that was constantly, over a 13 year period, in the playoffs and lost several AFCC games (4), many at home. Then all of a sudden, with the same HC, they won a SB.

Then since then, they've won another and been to a 3rd.

They repeated history with Cowher over and over again - and then, they hit it.

Just saying....
    How many times does that happen? It hasn't happened in Philly. The Bucs had to change their head coach to finally win a Championship. Schottenheimer's Chiefs and Chargers couldn't do it. Cowher is more the exception than the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How many times does that happen? It hasn't happened in Philly. The Bucs had to change their head coach to finally win a Championship. Schottenheimer's Chiefs and Chargers couldn't do it. Cowher is more the exception than the rule.
    I hear ya, it was just an example.

FWIW, the examples you've given are over a much longer period than our present 4-year term.

I've stated numerous times that I'm all for a change at OC (and have expected it for 2 years).

But, if it doesn't happen, I'm not of the belief that we are somehow doomed either (which was the aim of my post).
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 01-26-2012 at 09:56 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

We should give the man credit, because the team has been successful and his offenses have been much better than what we've watched from this team in the past. My issue is that, at the end of the day, the cat is not going to change his stripes. It would be difficult to convince me that Cameron is going to bring a different strategy to the offense next year.

I do think that John Harbaugh has played a role in the offense's approach and I would like to think that he now understands the importance of taking a more aggressive approach on offense.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per Mikey Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    It sounds like a lot of you folks seem to forget we were a dropped pass away from actually being in the Super Bowl with a Cam Cameron led offense.

I'm not a Cam supporter. I actually prefer it if they would part ways. But the guy takes heat unnecessarily in several situations. I broke it down in an article earlier which Tony posted here last week, and I posted here on my blog. He's nowhere near as bad as many people make him out to be.

But all this "We'll never get to the SB with him" crap should slow down. We need players that can make plays for us. Right now, we're sorely lacking that. I'd like a new OC too...but our current one did what needed to be done to get us to the big dance. Let's not pretend it's not possible to get there with him. And anyone saying we won't make the playoffs next year if he's here needs a reality check. Since he's been here, we haven't missed. Because of him or not, it's highly unlikely that if we miss next year, it's because of him.

- C -
    How can you say that Cam is fine because we were one dropped pass away from the super bowl and then say that we are sorely lacking in players that can make plays for us? Were we not one dropped pass away from the super bowl with those players who can't make plays for us? How often do we see the other team making adjustments at halftime with us seemingly making none? In our last 3 playoff games, we've scored a total of 1 touchdown in the 2nd half. We've lost 2 of those games.

I don't beleive the article because the timing is wrong. The Ravens FO haven't even met yet for their end of the year going foreword meeting yet. Preston needing attention, as always. Just because Cameron goes to Senior bowl and tells his assistants what to do he draws his conclusion? Cameron is still under contract for a short period of time, what does he expect Cameron to do? Say, "get wasted fellas, let's to go to Mexico!" he still has job responsibilities to do. Ravens aren't going to fire him if his contract is up.( not good policy, not good manners, and makes it hard to attract good coaches being that way). Preston has no idea how a good FO works at all. Lousy journalism.
    Last edited by Boulderraven; 01-26-2012 at 06:45 PM.

It ain't over till the Biscut sings!

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I'm going to get accused of writing this post.

My wife called the first Ravens play prior to the snap. That should tell you something about the Ravens offense.

At this point I would be willing to get rid of Harbaugh if that was the only way I could get rid of Cam.

I think the decision on Cam has yet to be made! My fingers are crossed!
    The REAL problem with the Ravens offense can be summarized by looking at the combined OFFENSIVE production of these 4 guys this year (L.Williams, Doss, Evans, Reid). In terms of being a productive offensive asset, they pretty much collectively accomplished butkus. The elite QB's have a COLLECTION of weapons to utilize, there are no idle parts. This has to change regardless what the Ravens decide concerning Cam. If its a talent issue then they need to acquire talent to fill those 4 slots. At least this year IMO I saw none of those 4 players create much separation. Bottom line is that they need to get better production there or the offense does not have enough threats to be truly elite.

I think be at the QB coach slot or through replacing other Offensive coaches, the Ravens need to bring in someone they think could potentially do the job. I think this might pressure Cam into being a little more open to adjusting his offense OR could convince him to decide not to come back. Either of those two work for me. These are relatively bright people, I think there are things that the front office needs to do for Cam in terms of O-Line and WR. There are things Cam needs to change obviously to. Should be fun to find out how this all plays out
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    How can you say that Cam is fine because we were one dropped pass away from the super bowl and then say that we are sorely lacking in players that can make plays for us? Were we not one dropped pass away from the super bowl with those players who can't make plays for us? How often do we see the other team making adjustments at halftime with us seemingly making none? In our last 3 playoff games, we've scored a total of 1 touchdown in the 2nd half. We've lost 2 of those games.
    If our WR's could catch it would have been 2 more TD's in the second half of those games.

And FWIW, it was hard to score points in the second half of that Steelers game last year when your players turned the ball over on 4 drives, AND your supposed #1 WR dropped a go ahead TD.

The players have to take a lot of resposibility here...if our WR's held onto the ball like the opponents WR's, we would have had an AFC Championship game here last year and we would be awaiting media week the next two weeks for the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    :grbac:

You realize we're the only team that's won playoff games each of the last four years, right? Cause it sounds like you don't.

Jesus Christ people... ONE DROPPED PASS FROM THE SUPERBOWL!!!

But this team has no chance with Cam as coordinator! No sir! None at all!

- C -
    We've gotten there and won those playoff games the last 4 years because of our special teams, so I hope nothing changes there. Why not? Same logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    If our WR's could catch it would have been 2 more TD's in the second half of those games.

And FWIW, it was hard to score points in the second half of that Steelers game last year when your players turned the ball over on 4 drives, AND your supposed #1 WR dropped a go ahead TD.

The players have to take a lot of resposibility here...if our WR's held onto the ball like the opponents WR's, we would have had an AFC Championship game here last year and we would be awaiting media week the next two weeks for the Super Bowl.
    Not to beat the point home but look at Reid, Evans, Williams and Doss and how little production they had. Elite offenses do not have that many idle parts. Till that changes this offense will sputter.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

12. Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per Mikey Donuts

I think that the Qb coach that will be hired is going to be the incumbent OC when Cam leaves, it'll provide a smoother transition. This follows how the Ravens ahve hired from within for the last 4 DCs