Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per The Sun

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    If Cam Cameron is here in 2012 the Ravens will not get to the playoffs - and we will have wasted another year.
    I'm not a Cam fan, but this is overstating it. They've gotten to the playoffs with Cam the last 4 seasons.

Is he limiting the offenses potential?
    Yea, I'm open to that idea.

Is he crushing our offense and preventing us from making the playoffs?
    Clearly not.

Blog Entries

I think the biggest offensive priority this off-season (even more than fixing the dropped passes) is fixing the OL. Clearly the OL was a major issue this year and a major reason for a lot of the offensive ineptitude.

If it weren't for Joe being able to get better at evading the pass rush he would have been sacked A LOT more this year than last. Eli Manning has a below average OL that was starting a ton of folks out of position (namely at LT) and he was sacked less than Flacco was.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think the biggest offensive priority this off-season (even more than fixing the dropped passes) is fixing the OL. Clearly the OL was a major issue this year and a major reason for a lot of the offensive ineptitude.

If it weren't for Joe being able to get better at evading the pass rush he would have been sacked A LOT more this year than last. Eli Manning has a below average OL that was starting a ton of folks out of position (namely at LT) and he was sacked less than Flacco was.
    :word

Blog Entries

I don't know why people are saying we're automatically gonna miss the play off's if we keep Cam. I would hate for him to return, but after two 12-4 seasons on the trot why would we suddenly NOT make the play off's? Our defense is always good enough to keep us in games regardless of how vanilla the offense is.

I do think if this team want to finally make the SB, we should start off by indeed not resigning Cam. Some of you seem to forget that it's not a case of firing him since his contract is up. He can even make that own choice by returning or not, or going some where else (please steelers or browns!). We don't need a QB coach if we actually get a capable offensive coordinator who is QB friendly. The problem with putting Joe in the shotgun all the time, is that we have invested a lot around our run game. Vonta Leach is the highest paid full back in the league, Rice is about to get big money, and our offensive line is built for run blocking not pass blocking.

Funny how people don't take into account the level of talents this team have and always give Harbaugh a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    It's hard to fire a guy that's a dropped pass away from going to the Superbowl imo.
    I disagree. Our 1st quarter was atrocious. If Cam took advantage of that situation, the game wouldn't have even been that close at the end.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Jesus, shame on me for commenting before I read the article. I didn't realize it was by Preston.

Preston is about as usefull as a genital wart, and about as talented a writer.

So, CC probably will be back, but he was last heard saying he wouldn't be back. The man can't write a simple fucking article, w a goddamned thesis for Christ's sake! It reminds me of the Lewis-Reed article from a few weeks ago: The Ravens would be better off sitting Lewis and Reed, but Lewis and Reed are still the best options for the team.

The main can't make a coherent fucking thought.
    :word

I hope Aaron Wilson comes up with something on this topic. At least then we'd know. Of course Wilson isn't going to speculate. He's not going to write it if he's not sure.

Blog Entries

If we bring in a new OC, who is to say that we will all of a sudden be a better Offense? If you look at the good teams and offenses, it's all about stability. Can Cam get better and do things a little differently? Yes and I hope he does.

i don't think bringing a new OC is as good of an idea as everyone thinks. Look at how many young qb's have had multiple OC and growth was stunted (Jason Campbell, Alex Smith, soon to be Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez)

If they keep Cam, Flacco would have to had signed off on it. So as much as we should blame Harbaugh, if Joe is happy about I don't see the problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Why is Moeller still here? Does he get to stay too and get another assistant to help him?

Tom Brady by the way had 1 more sack than Flacco this year.

Blog Entries

Re: Cam is Staying but Must Hire a QB Coach, per Mikey Donuts

read this same exact article on a couple other sites. Not sure if they are copying MP or the other way around. http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2012/01...avens-but.html

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why is Moeller still here? Does he get to stay too and get another assistant to help him?

Tom Brady by the way had 1 more sack than Flacco this year.
    The difference in that though, Brady was sacked like twice a game. There were games were Flacco wasn't sacked, then the next game sacked 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    I disagree. Our 1st quarter was atrocious. If Cam took advantage of that situation, the game wouldn't have even been that close at the end.
    Exactly. The Ravens put themselves in a situation where one or two plays HAD to be made in order to win. Against that defense, they should have scored more than 2 TDs and 2 FGs. The Evans' drop should have been insignificant.