Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 46
  1. #25

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012



    As has already been stated, we need to improve the OL. After being drafted in the 1st round, I think Grubbs will command too much money and will be looking to get more than Yanda got despite not being close to being as good a guard. If we could find a way to sign Evan Mathis on the cheap then I'd be delighted, but I think the rest of the league has woken up to Mathis this season. At C, Chris Myers would be a lovely addition but after the season he had in Houston I expect he would cost too much too.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

    2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L







  2. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    53

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Oh that's right, you're a Patsies fan which explains the ignorance. It has nothing to do with not picking the Ravens, it has to do with the fact the the Steelers are something like 35 million over the cap right now and will not be bringing a lot of guys back. It is not simply a case of them "getting healthy" then suddenly being what they were two years ago. Also we beat them twice this year and they were at least healthy for the first game. I am actually more worried about the Bengals next year, of course with therapist they always has a chance. Honestly at this point it's impossible to say, there are so many balls up in the air for every team right now: coaches, FA's, draft, schedule (who knows which teams will rise and fall next year). Your opinion is only given here to raise controversy so you are a troll.

    Go Giants!
    Ya I'm automatically ignorant because I'm a Pats fan. Obviously no one know what free agents will sign where and who will get hurt or hold out, but this is a fan forum where people make predictions on what will happen. The Ravens play the Steelers(x2),Bengals(x2),Texans,Cowboys,Patriots,Giants,Broncos,Chargers and Eagles next season, so I think my 10-6 record is giving Baltimore quite a bit credit. Sorry I think the Steelers are a better franchise at the moment as the usually win the division and also make it to the Superbowl, something Baltimore hasn't been able to accomplish the last 10 seasons.
    The most outrageous thing written is that Flacco throwing for 3600 in the pass happy NFL is "incredible", funny I bet more Ravens fans agree that a 10-6 mark next season is a more legit comment than the Flacco throwing yards are "incredible". It is possible to discuss topics with fans of other teams, you see someone that isn't a fan of the Ravens and everything they say is not credible, even though many Ravens fans say the same exact thing. But we'll just agree to disagree as you obviously have a chip on your shoulder.




  3. #27

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by DBK11 View Post
    Ya I'm automatically ignorant because I'm a Pats fan. Obviously no one know what free agents will sign where and who will get hurt or hold out, but this is a fan forum where people make predictions on what will happen. The Ravens play the Steelers(x2),Bengals(x2),Texans,Cowboys,Patriots,Giants,Broncos,Chargers and Eagles next season, so I think my 10-6 record is giving Baltimore quite a bit credit. Sorry I think the Steelers are a better franchise at the moment as the usually win the division and also make it to the Superbowl, something Baltimore hasn't been able to accomplish the last 10 seasons.
    The most outrageous thing written is that Flacco throwing for 3600 in the pass happy NFL is "incredible", funny I bet more Ravens fans agree that a 10-6 mark next season is a more legit comment than the Flacco throwing yards are "incredible". It is possible to discuss topics with fans of other teams, you see someone that isn't a fan of the Ravens and everything they say is not credible, even though many Ravens fans say the same exact thing. But we'll just agree to disagree as you obviously have a chip on your shoulder.
    The legacy of TB & BB is over hyped. Yeah I said it. They were most successful when they were cheating. Tom Brady's legacy drives in the SB were going what? 40 to 50 yards? To win games with a field goal? Don't get me wrong TB is a great QB.. one of the best but the fact that they get a reputation for being the best in history because of their success when cheating is comical. The Pats shouldn't be in the SB this year... they didn't beat a single team with a winning record in the regular season. 13 wins and none of them had a winning record? Really? They then got to play the one dimensional option offense with Tim Tebow who like the rest of the teams they beat didn't have a true winning record & then beat the Ravens because the Ravens TRULY beat themselves. The Pats must be thinking man... we really out played the best of the best this year... we're the best team in the NFL. HAHA over hyped & comical. I hope the Giants win... at least they grinded this year to win their division, overcame injuries & beat some worthy teams.
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 01-26-2012 at 09:40 PM.




  4. #28

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    I think Andy Dalton was a one year wonder. I see us sweeping them and the Browns. I think we split with the Steelers. That's 5-1 in the
    division.

    Chargers are a
    Potential loss. The Broncos are a win.

    We beat the Eagles and Cowboys and Patriots. We beat the Raiders and Chiefs.




  5. #29

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Potential loss to Giants.

    13-3 and the number 1 or 2 seed.




  6. #30

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Any prediction before free agency and the draft is pretty much a WAG, but what the heck, 14-2 1, seed Sb win.

    I like where this team appears to be headed. The O should improve with the progression of Flacco and the young weapons. Boldin and Evans had a lot of injury issues this year, hopefully we have healthy players at the 1 and 3 Wr spots.

    McKinney did pretty well for a guy who was cut for showing up out of shape. i expect he will work a lot harder this offseason. Grubbs was clearly missed when hurt. I think both he and Rice will be retained. Birk should not be too hard to replace with Gurode or someone else. Yanda's level of ;lay really fell off after his rib injury, and Oher was having a pretty good year until the end. i think he was dealing with some leg issues too.

    Basically a team that was a single dropped pass away from going to the SB that does not have a ton of key free agents to deal with should be able to get back into position for another run next year.







  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    53

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    The legacy of TB & BB is over hyped. Yeah I said it. They were most successful when they were cheating. Tom Brady's legacy drives in the SB were going what? 40 to 50 yards? To win games with a field goal? Don't get me wrong TB is a great QB.. one of the best but the fact that they get a reputation for being the best in history because of their success when cheating is comical. The Pats shouldn't be in the SB this year... they didn't beat a single team with a winning record in the regular season. 13 wins and none of them had a winning record? Really? They then got to play the one dimensional option offense with Tim Tebow who like the rest of the teams they beat didn't have a true winning record & then beat the Ravens because the Ravens TRULY beat themselves. The Pats must be thinking man... we really out played the best of the best this year... we're the best team in the NFL. HAHA over hyped & comical. I hope the Giants win... at least they grinded this year to win their division, overcame injuries & beat some worthy teams.
    I don't know what this post has to do with the topic at hand???? Was it the Pats fault they played 13 teams that failed to play .500 ball? So I'm confused.....should we determine the Superbowl teams by who beat the most teams with a winning record during the regular season and scrap the playoff system that seems to plague Baltimore every year? If the Patriots were so undeserving, maybe the Ravens should have beaten them on the field, instead of whineing about how unfair everything is. Just a note, the playoffs are the most important time of the year and if the Ravens can't beat the Patriots when the Pats turn the ball over, Brady has 0 TD passes and your offense is playing the 31st ranked D, you probably don't deserve to advance. Seems like the Patriots found a way to win when they played poorly, and the Ravens couldn't take advantage when the game was there to be taken.....so the Ravens...rightfully so, do not advance. If the Patriots are so bad, like you claim, just beat them, stop complaining afterward.




  8. #32

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by DBK11 View Post
    I'm not a Steeler fan, but I can tell from your attitude anyone who doesn't pick the Ravens as the favorites next season are trolls and have no right to offer an opinion. The Ravens wil have a very tough schedule next season, funny other Raven fans also predict a 10-6 season, but if you're not a Raven fan you're trolling. What do you think the Ravens will finish next season ???
    You're a troll because do not have any kind of pulse on this team. Period. If you are indeed a Pats fan then congrats on the win, good luck in the superbowl and move on to the Giants board. There's no value in you hanging around other than trying to get a rise out of us ravens fans. You're continued presence on these boards is a little unusual.




  9. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    53

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    You're a troll because do not have any kind of pulse on this team. Period. If you are indeed a Pats fan then congrats on the win, good luck in the superbowl and move on to the Giants board. There's no value in you hanging around other than trying to get a rise out of us ravens fans. You're continued presence on these boards is a little unusual.
    Sorry if I like to discuss football, I'm the one getting attacked because I predicted the Ravens to go 10-6 next season....is that really a slap in the face to Raven nation? The pulse of the team is that they are always close but come up short every year, be it to the Steelers or Patriots, and need to get over the hump. Funny I see Raven fans also predict a 10-6 mark for next season and no one says boo to them......jeeez lighten up everyone. I guess if you don't predict a 15-1 mark or say the Ravens just got unlucky again this year but next year will be different you don't know what you are talking about. I saw a guy on another post say the Ravens and Flacco will not lose to the Steelers the next 10 years and no one says that is crazy....but I say 10-6 and I'm ridiculous. too funny.




  10. #34

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by DBK11 View Post
    Sorry if I like to discuss football, I'm the one getting attacked because I predicted the Ravens to go 10-6 next season....is that really a slap in the face to Raven nation? The pulse of the team is that they are always close but come up short every year, be it to the Steelers or Patriots, and need to get over the hump. Funny I see Raven fans also predict a 10-6 mark for next season and no one says boo to them......jeeez lighten up everyone. I guess if you don't predict a 15-1 mark or say the Ravens just got unlucky again this year but next year will be different you don't know what you are talking about. I saw a guy on another post say the Ravens and Flacco will not lose to the Steelers the next 10 years and no one says that is crazy....but I say 10-6 and I'm ridiculous. too funny.
    My issue is not your prediction. 10-6 is not a bad prediction at all. My issue is why are you here on this board discussing the ravens when you should be another board discussing the Patriots-Giants. Your continued presence is a very subtle back hand slap and I think you thrive on seeing how some of us are lamenting our loss. And no I don't have a case of sour grapes. I got over the loss 30 minutes after the game ended. I would love to have you come back next year to discuss football when the Patriots come to town. Then we can discuss the state of ravens and the state of the patriots.




  11. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    53

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    My issue is not your prediction. 10-6 is not a bad prediction at all. My issue is why are you here on this board discussing the ravens when you should be another board discussing the Patriots-Giants. Your continued presence is a very subtle back hand slap and I think you thrive on seeing how some of us are lamenting our loss. And no I don't have a case of sour grapes. I got over the loss 30 minutes after the game ended. I would love to have you come back next year to discuss football when the Patriots come to town. Then we can discuss the state of ravens and the state of the patriots.
    Sorry if you do not like that I post on this board and you feel you should dictate who is able to post on here. Since you only can have Raven and NFL conversations with Raven fans, that's probably your problem and maybe just don't read what I have to say. I try to be respectful to the Ravens fans, but I am not trying to give anyone a backhand slap.




  12. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    the glass is half empty. Reed and Ray will be a year older, might lose JJ (and others) to free agency, will have to hope Suggs can stay motivated. McKinnie and Birk will be a year older (if they return), Cundiff might be snake-bit. probly lose Lee Evans.
    the glass is half full. most of the team is young and will only get better, esp T Smith, Doss, and the tight ends. the team is deep on o-line, linebaker, and d-line. the dbacks exceeded expectations; Webb/Smith could be a top tandem, wi Cary W a great 3rd. continuity will help.

    I wonder; how good will Houston and Cinci be next year? and will Pigsburgh take a step back?
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland