Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by DBK11 View Post
    So you think 12th is closer to the top than the middle (average)? In a year where the rules made it easier to pass the ball than at any other time in NFL history, (Matthew Stafford threw for 5,000 +), I hardly think throwing for 3600 is "incredible"....he barely beat out Matt Hasselback....is he incredible too?
    3600 yards isn't incredible.

What's incredible is 3600 yards when your receivers are dropping every other pass.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule2 View Post
    12Th overall? Well that sure makes me sleep better.
    When you consider the amount of dropped passes, yea, that 12th spot is pretty nice.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    When you consider the amount of dropped passes, yea, that 12th spot is pretty nice.
    LOL.....because we know other QB's don't have receivers who ever drop passes....I hope this isn't a serious comment.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    3600 yards isn't incredible.

What's incredible is 3600 yards when your receivers are dropping every other pass.
    So based on Flacco's 542 attempts in 2011, his receivers dropped 271 passes? Wow.

I'm a troll because I pick the Ravens to be 10-6 and a playoff team? Just curious, do you feel they should be the favorite to win it all? I'm guessing the Vegas over/under on the Ravens will be about 10, seems like you need to be so sensitive, not really see how that was an unrealistic pick for 2012.
    No because your blind pick of the steelers getting healthy apparently does not take into account all the cap casualties, so is therefore not based in reality. It's a homer wish, not an educated prediction made on the opposing teams message board, hence the troll label. Now go back to your own toothless kind.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

edit: deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    No because your blind pick of the steelers getting healthy apparently does not take into account all the cap casualties, so is therefore not based in reality. It's a homer wish, not an educated prediction made on the opposing teams message board, hence the troll label. Now go back to your own toothless kind.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    I'm not a Steeler fan, but I can tell from your attitude anyone who doesn't pick the Ravens as the favorites next season are trolls and have no right to offer an opinion. The Ravens wil have a very tough schedule next season, funny other Raven fans also predict a 10-6 season, but if you're not a Raven fan you're trolling. What do you think the Ravens will finish next season ???

I'm not a Steeler fan, but I can tell from your attitude anyone who doesn't pick the Ravens as the favorites next season are trolls and have no right to offer an opinion. The Ravens wil have a very tough schedule next season, funny other Raven fans also predict a 10-6 season, but if you're not a Raven fan you're trolling. What do you think the Ravens will finish next season ???
    Oh that's right, you're a Patsies fan which explains the ignorance. It has nothing to do with not picking the Ravens, it has to do with the fact the the Steelers are something like 35 million over the cap right now and will not be bringing a lot of guys back. It is not simply a case of them "getting healthy" then suddenly being what they were two years ago. Also we beat them twice this year and they were at least healthy for the first game. I am actually more worried about the Bengals next year, of course with therapist they always has a chance. Honestly at this point it's impossible to say, there are so many balls up in the air for every team right now: coaches, FA's, draft, schedule (who knows which teams will rise and fall next year). Your opinion is only given here to raise controversy so you are a troll.

Go Giants!
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

As has already been stated, we need to improve the OL. After being drafted in the 1st round, I think Grubbs will command too much money and will be looking to get more than Yanda got despite not being close to being as good a guard. If we could find a way to sign Evan Mathis on the cheap then I'd be delighted, but I think the rest of the league has woken up to Mathis this season. At C, Chris Myers would be a lovely addition but after the season he had in Houston I expect he would cost too much too.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Oh that's right, you're a Patsies fan which explains the ignorance. It has nothing to do with not picking the Ravens, it has to do with the fact the the Steelers are something like 35 million over the cap right now and will not be bringing a lot of guys back. It is not simply a case of them "getting healthy" then suddenly being what they were two years ago. Also we beat them twice this year and they were at least healthy for the first game. I am actually more worried about the Bengals next year, of course with therapist they always has a chance. Honestly at this point it's impossible to say, there are so many balls up in the air for every team right now: coaches, FA's, draft, schedule (who knows which teams will rise and fall next year). Your opinion is only given here to raise controversy so you are a troll.

Go Giants!
    Ya I'm automatically ignorant because I'm a Pats fan. Obviously no one know what free agents will sign where and who will get hurt or hold out, but this is a fan forum where people make predictions on what will happen. The Ravens play the Steelers(x2),Bengals(x2),Texans,Cowboys,Patriots,Giants,Broncos,Chargers and Eagles next season, so I think my 10-6 record is giving Baltimore quite a bit credit. Sorry I think the Steelers are a better franchise at the moment as the usually win the division and also make it to the Superbowl, something Baltimore hasn't been able to accomplish the last 10 seasons.
    The most outrageous thing written is that Flacco throwing for 3600 in the pass happy NFL is "incredible", funny I bet more Ravens fans agree that a 10-6 mark next season is a more legit comment than the Flacco throwing yards are "incredible". It is possible to discuss topics with fans of other teams, you see someone that isn't a fan of the Ravens and everything they say is not credible, even though many Ravens fans say the same exact thing. But we'll just agree to disagree as you obviously have a chip on your shoulder.

Ya I'm automatically ignorant because I'm a Pats fan. Obviously no one know what free agents will sign where and who will get hurt or hold out, but this is a fan forum where people make predictions on what will happen. The Ravens play the Steelers(x2),Bengals(x2),Texans,Cowboys,Patriots,Giants,Broncos,Chargers and Eagles next season, so I think my 10-6 record is giving Baltimore quite a bit credit. Sorry I think the Steelers are a better franchise at the moment as the usually win the division and also make it to the Superbowl, something Baltimore hasn't been able to accomplish the last 10 seasons.
    The most outrageous thing written is that Flacco throwing for 3600 in the pass happy NFL is "incredible", funny I bet more Ravens fans agree that a 10-6 mark next season is a more legit comment than the Flacco throwing yards are "incredible". It is possible to discuss topics with fans of other teams, you see someone that isn't a fan of the Ravens and everything they say is not credible, even though many Ravens fans say the same exact thing. But we'll just agree to disagree as you obviously have a chip on your shoulder.
    The legacy of TB & BB is over hyped. Yeah I said it. They were most successful when they were cheating. Tom Brady's legacy drives in the SB were going what? 40 to 50 yards? To win games with a field goal? Don't get me wrong TB is a great QB.. one of the best but the fact that they get a reputation for being the best in history because of their success when cheating is comical. The Pats shouldn't be in the SB this year... they didn't beat a single team with a winning record in the regular season. 13 wins and none of them had a winning record? Really? They then got to play the one dimensional option offense with Tim Tebow who like the rest of the teams they beat didn't have a true winning record & then beat the Ravens because the Ravens TRULY beat themselves. The Pats must be thinking man... we really out played the best of the best this year... we're the best team in the NFL. HAHA over hyped & comical. I hope the Giants win... at least they grinded this year to win their division, overcame injuries & beat some worthy teams.
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 01-26-2012 at 10:40 PM.

I think Andy Dalton was a one year wonder. I see us sweeping them and the Browns. I think we split with the Steelers. That's 5-1 in the
    division.

Chargers are a
    Potential loss. The Broncos are a win.

We beat the Eagles and Cowboys and Patriots. We beat the Raiders and Chiefs.

Potential loss to Giants.

13-3 and the number 1 or 2 seed.

Any prediction before free agency and the draft is pretty much a WAG, but what the heck, 14-2 1, seed Sb win.

I like where this team appears to be headed. The O should improve with the progression of Flacco and the young weapons. Boldin and Evans had a lot of injury issues this year, hopefully we have healthy players at the 1 and 3 Wr spots.

McKinney did pretty well for a guy who was cut for showing up out of shape. i expect he will work a lot harder this offseason. Grubbs was clearly missed when hurt. I think both he and Rice will be retained. Birk should not be too hard to replace with Gurode or someone else. Yanda's level of ;lay really fell off after his rib injury, and Oher was having a pretty good year until the end. i think he was dealing with some leg issues too.

Basically a team that was a single dropped pass away from going to the SB that does not have a ton of key free agents to deal with should be able to get back into position for another run next year.