Sotu; Obama wants a regimented America

"At a time when too many of our institutions have let us down, they (the military) exceed all expectations. They're not consumed with personal ambition. They don't obsess over their differences. They focus on the mission at hand. They work together," he says. "Imagine what we could accomplish if we followed their example. Think about the America within our reach: A country that leads the world in educating its people. An America that attracts a new generation of high-tech manufacturing and high-paying jobs. A future where we're in control of our own energy, and our security and prosperity aren't so tied to unstable parts of the world. An economy built to last, where hard work pays off, and responsibility is rewarded."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...merica/251956/

in other words...Obama wants a regimented America where the educated elite make the decisions and the rest of us obediently submit (for the greater good of course).
    the Leftist dream; a super-government controlling the state (and thus the people)...
    ...for our own good of course.
    America exists because we did NOT want a powerful government controlling our lives.
    here's hoping this November the voters see throught the psychobabble and reject his leftist statism.
    Last edited by sailorsam; 01-25-2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: add link to original article
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Wow. And if he said we should do the opposite of the military you'd say Obama wanted to destroy the rule of law and erode our values by destroying the respect for order and authority right?

He said we should work together, collectively be more educated, and try to lure lucrative high value jobs back to America, how can anyone be opposed to any of that?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369104,-76.761176
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Re: Sotu; Obama wants a regimented America

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Wow. And if he said we should do the opposite of the military you'd say Obama wanted to destroy the rule of law and erode our values by destroying the respect for order and authority right?

He said we should work together, collectively be more educated, and try to lure lucrative high value jobs back to America, how can anyone be opposed to any of that?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369104,-76.761176
    How is he trying to do that?

It's one thing to try to do it, it's another thing to say it as part of a campaign speech...

I wasn't discussing what he is or isn't doing, I was discussing the content of his speech, and there's nothing in that speech that justifies the conclusion that the OP drew.

If someone can cite evidence in that speech that indicates "we should pattern ourself after the military" equals "we should instate a super powered central government that is ruled by an educated elite."

I'm all for fair criticism of the president, but just like Trap's constant inference that he's secretly a Muslim, or a foreigner, or both, the OP's criticism isn't grounded in reality and unworthy of being taken seriously.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369148,-76.761143
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Of the many laughs I got last night, the best one occurred when he spoke about ending our dependence on foreign oil but then immediately followed it up by bragging about shutting down the keystone pipeline.

AP did a Fact Check on his speech .... same policies that have already flopped ...

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120125/D9SFO48G0.html
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 01-25-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I wasn't discussing what he is or isn't doing, I was discussing the content of his speech, and there's nothing in that speech that justifies the conclusion that the OP drew.

If someone can cite evidence in that speech that indicates "we should pattern ourself after the military" equals "we should instate a super powered central government that is ruled by an educated elite."

I'm all for fair criticism of the president, but just like Trap's constant inference that he's secretly a Muslim, or a foreigner, or both, the OP's criticism isn't grounded in reality and unworthy of being taken seriously.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369148,-76.761143
    Than the answer is no one can argue against bringing jobs back here. But he can say what he wants to do all day in pretty campaign speech, but as HR pointed out. Saying one thing and than doing another, how can you take anything he says seriously?

The OPs take on the SOTU is why some people really shouldn't be voting. If this is what you took away from his speech, I really don't know what to say.

Obama set the up the debate that will occur after the primary is over. Its a good debate as well. What is the role of the government and what economic conditions (ie regulations) promote equality and growth. Obama is framing it well at this point and even getting help from Gingrich.

After watching the debates for so long, it was nice to watch an individual that, at a minimum, can appear Presidential and hopeful. Juxtapose that with Daniels' gloom and doom Droopy the Dog impersonation and Obama came off looking pretty good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    The OPs take on the SOTU is why some people really shouldn't be voting. If this is what you took away from his speech, I really don't know what to say.

Obama set the up the debate that will occur after the primary is over. Its a good debate as well. What is the role of the government and what economic conditions (ie regulations) promote equality and growth. Obama is framing it well at this point and even getting help from Gingrich.

After watching the debates for so long, it was nice to watch an individual that, at a minimum, can appear Presidential and hopeful. Juxtapose that with Daniels' gloom and doom Droopy the Dog impersonation and Obama came off looking pretty good.
    Bravo..

Something, I didn't think you were capable of Galen. Objective analysis of Obama...

Blog Entries

More double talk from him because He'll still get the Canadian (foreign) oilw/o the pipeline.

His pal Warre Buffett owns the rail road that will transport the oil from North Western Canada to Texas - over 1600 miles.

It costs a lot more shipping it by rail but Buffett will make billioins from it. Piping it in will send billions of gallons of oil per day.

And to think OBY is cheating over 20,000 workers out of a job by shipping it.

So much for caring about the unemployed.

http://www.pointofview.net/site/News...s_iv_ctrl=1201
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-26-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Blog Entries

And speaking of hypocrissy, Buffett who has over $50B, paid only 15% in taxes on that money just like Mitt, Soros, Kerry, et al while his secretary paid 30% on her single income of a few thousand or so.