Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: If the Ravens can't get Vontaze Burfict...

Seriously? Did you see how many times Pitts 3rd/4th runningback ran right up the middle on 3rd down when everybody in the stadium knew what they were doing?

I'm rooting for the kid because its a good story but last night was rough.

Blog Entries

both those defenses looked soft. What has happened to the AFCN?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Not sure what game you were watching and not saying the guy was stopping ever run, but there is more than one player on the field that has to help stop the run. I seen a LB making plays last night, and it wasn't Maulalugauauala. I though Burfict had a solid game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Not sure what game you were watching and not saying the guy was stopping ever run, but there is more than one player on the field that has to help stop the run. I seen a LB making plays last night, and it wasn't Maulalugauauala. I though Burfict had a solid game.
    I watched the game and some positives out of Burfict (I'm rooting for the kid to do well) but he wasn't a one man army, he missed tackles and was engulfed by the guard on more than a few plays.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Yep. On a defense that gave up 167 yards on the ground spending 37 mins on the field. Sure.
    Are you kidding me? We're talking about a rookie, an undrafted rookie. The fact that he's even starting is a huge win on the Bengals part.

Such a sad thread. We could use Burfict RIGHT NOW. We blew it. Not the end of the world, but this one we blew.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Such a sad thread. We could use Burfict RIGHT NOW. We blew it. Not the end of the world, but this one we blew.
    I mean, I guess we could have taken him in the 7th round or something, but if he wanted to come here as an UDFA he would have.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    He's in love with Marvin Lewis and is doing everything asked. I'm not sure that happens anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Are you kidding me? We're talking about a rookie, an undrafted rookie. The fact that he's even starting is a huge win on the Bengals part.
    You act like this kind of thing never happened before. It's been done before.
    Wish him nothing but the best though

Blog Entries

As I have said on this board, several times before, the issue with Bengals players is not during their rookie season. The issue comes in after the proverbial 'honeymoon' period is over.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

ended up leading the team in tackles...

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    ended up leading the team in tackles...
    Frankly, it's one of the more impressive rookie seasons in recent memory, given that he wasn't even drafted and faced a huge amount of adversity to even get where he is.

This is a kid Mike Mayock and other draftniks specifically went out of their way to pan, insult, and spit on... and here he is, one of the best players on one of the best defenses in the NFL. Now, admittedly, the fact that he went undrafted wasn't unreasonable given all the smoke surrounding his character that arose in the pre-draft process. There had to have been legitimate fire there.

Here's hoping he has a good career ahead of him and continues to clean up his act and stay ahead of the eight ball. A shame the Ravens didn't get him.