Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: If the Ravens can't get Vontaze Burfict...

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Major hypothetical here:

What if Dre Kirkpatrick slips all the way down to the bottom of the first round due to his recent positive drug test, and he is sitting there when the Ravens are on the clock? Assume Burfict, Hightower, Konz and Kirkpatrick are all there. Who do you take?
    For me, I try to trade back to a team like the Rams or Colts who desperately need a corner. Considering the teams picking after that there would be a very good chance that one of those three would still be there.

If I had to pick though, I'd probably go for Konz. Konz has more value than Hightower.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Wicked one could make the argument that repeated insubordination no matter what the circumstance is not acceptable and could be a red flag.

I don't care what you think about the coach you do what they tell you. Period. What would happen to you if you repeatedly challenged your higher ups in the Navy? How would you be viewed?

You know the saying, it isn't about what happens to you it is how you deal with it. Burflict apparently does not know how to deal with things, whatever they might be. Can that or will it change? Who knows, but it can't be overlooked.

3. Re: If the Ravens can't get Vontaze Burfict...

I like both guys to be honest. I've noticed Hightower for quite some time and he would add instant size and he can hit! He seems overall like a beast. Only thing I could see with him is his athleticism in the open field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Wicked one could make the argument that repeated insubordination no matter what the circumstance is not acceptable and could be a red flag.

I don't care what you think about the coach you do what they tell you. Period. What would happen to you if you repeatedly challenged your higher ups in the Navy? How would you be viewed?

You know the saying, it isn't about what happens to you it is how you deal with it. Burflict apparently does not know how to deal with things, whatever they might be. Can that or will it change? Who knows, but it can't be overlooked.
    Absolutely a valid point dude.

In the Navy if one were to have that type of insubordination they wouldn't be long for the uniform, so to speak.

This is why I think it's going to be imperative for this guy to be straightforward in his interviews because he's going to be grilled about those things. If Jeff Ireland can grill Dez Bryant on whether or not his mother is a prostitute, you damn well better believe that they are going to press Burfict's buttons and put him in really uncomfortable situations to see how he reacts.

He's not my first choice for the Ravens at MLB, obviously Hightower or Kuechly are, but Burfict might actually be the only MLB there in the bottom of round 1.

Now, frankly if I'm picking between Burfict and someone like Whitney Mercilus, Nick Perry, or Andre Branch I think that I'd be looking at those guys more as their upside is there, character concerns aren't an issue, and the production is there against top tiered competition.

After the playoffs and the 2nd half of the season I'm not certain why anyone would feel that a pass rusher isn't a priority for the Ravens this off-season. Nothing against Suggs or Ngata, but those two can only do so much when they're facing constant double teams.

I think you also have to consider DT's now like a Michael Brockers from LSU or a Devon Still from Penn State.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I like both guys to be honest. I've noticed Hightower for quite some time and he would add instant size and he can hit! He seems overall like a beast. Only thing I could see with him is his athleticism in the open field.
    Personally, I think he'll be long gone by the time the Ravens pick. His size, speed, and performance in the BCS National Championship - IMO - will make him the #1 MLB taken in April. I think Hightower goes somewhere between 11-16. That could push Luke Kuechly into striking distance for the Ravens. Might be something to think about.

Blog Entries

In Mel Kiper's draft he has Upshaw (Al Linebacker) going 10th and Hightower is not in the first round at all.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I think he has it, and will do very well vs these big athletic TEs. His height may be a bit of a negative when taking on Gs, but it should help a ton in covering the 6'5" and up TEs.

:T2:

8. Re: If the Ravens can't get Vontaze Burfict...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    God no..

Burfict is a disaster.
    Honestly 3 months ago, i would have called you crazy. But seeing as he basically got his head coach fired, and watching the national championship seeing how Dominant Hightower was.

I would honestly take Hightower over Burfict at this point. Burfict is high risk high reward, he could be a dominant player. Hightower is low risk, and still a pretty high reward. I mean the guy is 6'4 260, if he runs a good 40, he will open a lot of eyes. I think he could turn out to be the best player out of the two.

Hightower's 40 time will be very important, if he runs a 4.6 or so, he will be a first round lock.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

9. Re: If the Ravens can't get Vontaze Burfict...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Personally, I think he'll be long gone by the time the Ravens pick. His size, speed, and performance in the BCS National Championship - IMO - will make him the #1 MLB taken in April. I think Hightower goes somewhere between 11-16. That could push Luke Kuechly into striking distance for the Ravens. Might be something to think about.
    I would be you money that Keachley doesn't get out of the top 20. If he shows his athleticism, at the combine, he will most likely be the first MLB Taken. I cant see Hightower or Burfict going ahead of him, unless one of them just kills it at the combine.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Just finished watching some highlights of Burfict. With how high class our organization is and with Ray coming back I feel like Burfict could fit into our system perfectly without any mental breakdowns. Just let him go under the wings of Ray, Ed, Suggs, etc. and this man will be a STUD.

Hightower's weakness is pass coverage. I would only take Hightower if he fell to us in the 2nd. I would rather roll the dice on Burfict and go Oline if he is not available. Hightower is a good player but his skills are not what the Ravens need right now. I would not put too much stock in the BCS MNC game as Les went more conservative and predictable than Cam.

Blog Entries

Hightower is the type of guy who can develop in coverage though. Terrell Suggs was a complete coverage liability when he entered the draft, but is now the most complete OLB in the league.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore