Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

If the Ravens can't get Vontaze Burfict...

...would they go for Dontay Hightower instead?

Re: If the Ravens can't get Vontaze Burfict...

My ideal draft situation would be to see Burflict or Konz drop to the end of the first round. I don't see either as likely though.

I think the Ravens could certainly do a lot worse than to bring back Jameel McClain for a few more years. He's still relatively young, but I think we have essentially seen his ceiling as a MLB. Jameel is certainly a decent player, but I think the Ravens need an impact player at that MLB position, and McClain is not that type of player. Burflict has the potential to be. Hightower does as well, but I think his ceiling is a bit lower, although so is his risk factor.

Dannell Ellerbe has lost my confidence. I'd rather give McClelland a shot heading into the future in the spots where we had previously used Ellerbe. He showed me enough this year to think he can be useful heading into the future.

Ayanbadejo can still play, and I'd like to see him return for another season or two, but he's clearly not the long term answer.

Watching Wilfork destroy Grubbs/Birk/Yanda yesterday makes me pine for a guy like Konz or Brewster all the more. Either of those guys can come in right away and start from day one.

I think Kiper's latest mock draft had us taking Burfict.

Quote Originally Posted by bmw600 View Post
    I think Kiper's latest mock draft had us taking Burfict.
    Didn't Jimmy Smith dropped becasue people thought he was a "head case"? Let's hope the same happen to Burfict.

God no..

Burfict is a disaster.

I don't know much about him but I have seen pretty much everyone here or there say this guy is a complete nutcase with a short fuse that can blow at any time.

No thanks.

He's a ball of energy ready to explode..at all the wrong times. Wouldn't mind if he's drafted but who wants to deal with that head case lol?

I like Hightower a lot, he seems like he would fit right in. Burfict I have only seen in highlights, and he looks good there, but I do not like what I have heard about him.

A big strong C looked like our biggest need. I would also like to get a pass rushing DT.

:T2:

Blog Entries

In theory Hightower checks most of the boxes, but I don't know if he's going to have the quickness or be the playmaker we need. He's 6'4" and that may be good for coverage (height and wingspan make shorter passing windows) but don't know how it translates in the run game. Is he a sure tackler? Does he wrap up every time? That's what I'd want to know.

Burfict we'd have to be REALLY sure about. There's a limit on how many "head cases" one team can be expected to "straighten out" before things get toxic. It's all well and good that we go 12-4 and guys keep their craziness in check.

But if we get a key injury -- to Rice, Flacco, etc. -- and the team goes in the tank and we have a 6-10 or something like that, do those guys keep holding their water, or do the cracks appear? What you want is a team of guys who go out every week and work on executing every play, regardless of score or record. "Head case"guys have a way of not doing that once fortunes turn against their teams. It's all well and good when you're winning, but you have to hope that never changes.

I watched 1 Az St. game after I had heard about Burfict. Not 2 minutes after I tuned in he got penalized for Persona Foul (after the play). Then they started talking about his issues. On the very next drive, he did it again. After that the coach benched him. No thanks.

Blog Entries

I would take Burfict... in the second round. He's got top 10 talent, but he's a 3rd nut case.

Blog Entries

Jimmys "problems" were when he was a freshman and they were off the field. Burficts are still happening and are on the field problems. As great as he could be i bet hes taken off or rated extremely low on their board.

I think Hightower and Upshaw are the guys being mentioned most. ILB are rarely taken in the first round and usually OLB are only take when theyre extreme pass rushers. Not sure what that means for these guys but i could easily see us having our choice of ILB at 29.
    -JAB