Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: If the Ravens can't get Vontaze Burfict...

Hightower is not going to time well...in fact, most considered him overrated to a degree before that championship game performance.

I don't think he is going to be a first rounder...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Hightower is not going to time well...in fact, most considered him overrated to a degree before that championship game performance.

I don't think he is going to be a first rounder...
    Getting him in the second round would be, yet another highway robbery by Ozzie. Ray Rice was the last one.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Hightower is similar to Brandon Spikes and will probably be drafted around that point in the draft.

4. Re: If the Ravens can't get Vontaze Burfict...

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Hightower is similar to Brandon Spikes and will probably be drafted around that point in the draft.
    Like i said his 40 time will make or break him. If he runs a good 40 he will be a first round lock. If he runs a slow 40, you're right, he has brandon spikes written all over him.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

5. Re: If the Ravens can't get Vontaze Burfict...

Quote Originally Posted by EdReedDaGawd View Post
    Just finished watching some highlights of Burfict. With how high class our organization is and with Ray coming back I feel like Burfict could fit into our system perfectly without any mental breakdowns. Just let him go under the wings of Ray, Ed, Suggs, etc. and this man will be a STUD.
    Burfict's highlights are out of this world, i remember watching it for the first time, and thinking, 2nd coming of Ray Lewis.

He has his issues, but they are all on the field issues. The pre draft process with him will be huge, talking to his coaches, seeing if he's a hard worker.

He was a huge reason, ASU fired Dennis Erickson. Just saying, i read an article that called him a coach killer.

I love our staff, because we go the extra mile, we talk to the coaches, teammates. We have to spend a lot of time with him work him out, see if he picks things up quickly... That's the key.

If we do our Job, and he turns out to be a hard working guy, with good football habits, who wants to get better, and loves football, that's the key, do they love football? If we can get all that stuff figured out, then by all means please draft this guy, because talent isn't the issue.

Another thing is his 40 time, really curious to see what he runs.

If we draft, or even want to draft burfict or not, it will be because of the pre draft work we do, with talking with his coaches, and doing our homework on him.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Burfict's highlights are out of this world, i remember watching it for the first time, and thinking, 2nd coming of Ray Lewis.

He has his issues, but they are all on the field issues. The pre draft process with him will be huge, talking to his coaches, seeing if he's a hard worker.

He was a huge reason, ASU fired Dennis Erickson. Just saying, i read an article that called him a coach killer.

I love our staff, because we go the extra mile, we talk to the coaches, teammates. We have to spend a lot of time with him work him out, see if he picks things up quickly... That's the key.

If we do our Job, and he turns out to be a hard working guy, with good football habits, who wants to get better, and loves football, that's the key, do they love football? If we can get all that stuff figured out, then by all means please draft this guy, because talent isn't the issue.

If we draft, or even want to draft burfict or not, it will be because of the pre draft work we do, with talking with his coaches, and doing our homework on him.
    Yeah I definitely hear what you're saying. If this guy wants to play football more than anything and checks out with the coaches and whatnot like you stated I say draft this man. This is most likely Ray's last year so to get a guy who's been compared to Ray himself and have him actually mentor him would be phenomenal imo. We need to take advantage of having a guy like Ray because if we don't draft a LB this draft we won't have a guy to be able to learn from the greatest LB of all time. Would just seem like a huge missed opportunity to me.

7. Re: If the Ravens can't get Vontaze Burfict...

Another thing is if you believe the notion that Red Flags are real, and they are good signs of the future, then this kid has more Red Flags than the blood gang.

8. Re: If the Ravens can't get Vontaze Burfict...

Quote Originally Posted by EdReedDaGawd View Post
    Yeah I definitely hear what you're saying. If this guy wants to play football more than anything and checks out with the coaches and whatnot like you stated I say draft this man. This is most likely Ray's last year so to get a guy who's been compared to Ray himself and have him actually mentor him would be phenomenal imo. We need to take advantage of having a guy like Ray because if we don't draft a LB this draft we won't have a guy to be able to learn from the greatest LB of all time. Would just seem like a huge missed opportunity to me.
    The thing i love about Ray is, he's the type of guy, that even after he's retired. If we do draft burfict he can call Ray anytime he wants to get pointers, workout with him in the offseason. Trust me even after Ray Retires if we draft another MLB, he wont be more than a phone call away, so that bodes well for whoever we get as his replacement.

Wicked: do you really think Devon Still will be a good Pro? For some reason Penn State has produced some real bust defensive players as of late. (Maybin, Odrick, etc.)

Bowman and Sean Lee turned out well, seems to be the D-line that's not reliable to Draft.

The thing i love about Ray is, he's the type of guy, that even after he's retired. If we do draft burfict he can call Ray anytime he wants to get pointers, workout with him in the offseason. Trust me even after Ray Retires if we draft another MLB, he wont be more than a phone call away, so that bodes well for whoever we get as his replacement.
    Yeah I agree with that, but having Ray on the field next to him in practice, in the game and etc. would just be huge in my opinion. If there's any team that Burfict can excell with it's the Ravens.

I guess that's really the thing at the end of the day. We an debate who'd we'd rather them take, but whoever they do take will have been extremely well researched.

If Burfict is there and they take him, then they are confident that either his issues are non issues, or are correctable by strong peer leadership. Peer leadership is the difference between the pro locker rooms and the college locker rooms.

If he's there and they pass over him for another backer, then we'll know they likely had concerns.

If he's there and we pass over him for an O-lineman or another position then it's inconclusive because they probably just had that player graded out higher.

I can't wait for the draft.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.826662,-117.205326