Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

If the Defense had forced a few more three and outs...

I don't take anything from the interceptions that the D had today. I don't take anything from them holding the Pats to 3 on several occassions. What I DO exception with is the fact that our 'elite' D only made the Pats punt like what 3 times? This is unexceptable. On damn near EVERY possession the Pats put some points on the board. Pags is cool and all that but why in the hell was he NOT disguising the blitzes? Cundiff and Evans were atrocious with the game on the line, but truth be told, they shouldn't have been in the situation to begin with. It's crazy because its not the first time its happened either. The D needs to be revamped also. /end rant.

Re: If the Defense had forced a few more three and outs...

The Patriots have probably the best offense in recent NFL history. The Ravens defense had an amazing day.

Blog Entries

They are a great offense. The defense played very well, and even imposed their will at the critical points in the game. They limited them to two touchdowns.

The offense didn't play great, but Flacco pushed them along and set them in position to win. Even though this was a loss, I think Ravens fans should acknowledge that our QB stepped up today.

Blog Entries
    Held the pats to 23, gotta score more than that

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    The Patriots have probably the best offense in recent NFL history. The Ravens defense had an amazing day.
    Bad tackling and and horrendous run D does not make an amazing day to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Bad tackling and and horrendous run D does not make an amazing day to me.
    I have to agree here, Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis was way to much of a factor in that game.

Will someone inform this joker that we just played arguably the best QB in the history of the game. The guy that has three SB rings and with the worst defense in the NFL has managed to get his team to the Super Bowl once again. The person that started this thread perception is getting in the way of the obvious. Close this thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Held the pats to 23, gotta score more than that
    Yeah. Evans holds on, they would have scoreed 27.

One play away...

This is a team that averaged 40 points a game the past 6 games. I'd say we did pretty damn well.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Will someone inform this joker that we just played arguably the best QB in the history of the game. The guy that has three SB rings and with the worst defense in the NFL has managed to get his team to the Super Bowl once again. The person that started this thread perception is getting in the way of the obvious. Close this thread.
    The obvious what? Brady wasn't as HOT today as he usually is. He missed some easy throws/receivers drop some passes, 2 of which would've been FOR touchdowns. The D got some help and the final score/stats don't tell the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I have to agree here, Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis was way to much of a factor in that game.
    What's the reason for this? Maybe the D used so as to alter Brady's effectiveness? Maybe play the run and allow the pass? The D was good enough to win. Not perfect but good enough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    The obvious what? Brady wasn't as HOT today as he usually is. He missed some easy throws/receivers drop some passes, 2 of which would've been FOR touchdowns. The D got some help and the final score/stats don't tell the whole story.

Now you know he had a bad game. Did we know that coming in? Did we know in the 2nd half he wouldn't return his normal self and slice and dice us like he does every team? The D played him honest which allowed them to run on us as they did. The D played well enough to win which is what would have happened if Evans would have protected an easy catch.