Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WIndow of opportunity closing....

I understand both Reed and Lewis are nearing the end of their careers, however I don't really see where the team as a whole is on any kind of downfall. With our young promising corners (Webb being Pro-Bowl status) Suggs, Ngata and the rest of the studs I really don't see where our window is closing? Plus with Flacco and the rest of the O gaining more experience and with whatever we do in free agency/offseason I can see this team getting even better! Call me a homer but this is just my opinion.

I agree. That statement drives me nuts: Flacco, Ray Rice, Smith, and Pitta are a terrific nucleus going forward. The window is closing for specific players who are nearing the end, but the window shouldn't close for the Ravens because of how the organization is run.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.826663,-117.205347

Re: WIndow of opportunity closing....

Flacco is just entering his prime. Hopefully this game will be springboard (along with a new offensive coordinator) to take a step forward next year in consistency. But as we've seen over the last 4 years, as long as we have Harbaugh and Flacco, this team has a very good chance to make the playoffs.

Shockingly enough, people tend to believe the crap the media tells them.

Reed and Lewis' windows are closing. The Ravens window, remains open.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

I totally agree with you..... There is no such thing as "Window of opportunity closing".... The NFL is so unpredictable, who knows what's gonna happen next year. It just sucks watching us year in and year out throwing away these rare opportunities

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The window is closing on Ray and Ed, kind of on Suggs and a few others (Matt Birk). But this past off-season this team got a lot younger, and maybe they take another step or two in that direction this year.

I really like Redding but he just dropped off the face of the football earth after Thanksgiving. Birk may be gone but he played like he has a little left, but we definitely should have a guy behind him ready to go. We need to get some youth at LB but myeah, I think this team has a little left in the tank. Another WR would be good, I don't see Evans back (even if he makes that catch).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgsNRavens2052 View Post
    I totally agree with you..... There is no such thing as "Window of opportunity closing".... The NFL is so unpredictable, who knows what's gonna happen next year. It just sucks watching us year in and year out throwing away these rare opportunities
    Well, if they happen year in and out they aren't all that rare.

If there was any year for the Ravens to do it, this was the year. It's fitting how the only team that can beat the Ravens was again the Ravens to finish the season. They outplayed the Pats only to watch the Pats take on NY yet again...

I think the Texans if healthy are going to be the team to beat next year.

Blog Entries
    Tough to get in the playoffs every year and win a game. Eventually they're going to have a down year.

For the second year in a row, the Ravens were the best team in the AFC, and only have themselves to blame for this again.

That said, the future is very bright with this team to dominate the division for foreseable future. The Steelers are aging, and in salary cap hell, and the Bengals just lost their best receiver, and probably running back as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them right back here next year.

Idk with Ray and hopefully Reed staying we'll have at least one more shot to get them guys a ring. I'm gonna be sad when they do eventually leave but I still have a lot of confidence in our team.

To whomever thinks ellerbe is the heir apperent to Ray. Not so much. He looked overmatched and to put it honestly he looked like he didn't belong on the field. Probably the worse player on the field for the Ravens.