Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another loss in the conference title game; who to fire now?

Start with the receivers. Maybe inject some youth on the OL and the LBs.

The word fuck fits somewhere in this thread. So there it is.

Re: Another loss in the conference title game; who to fire now?

Someone needs to teach our receivers to catch. Weren't we in the top 5 in drops this year? Today it came back to bite us in the ass.
    90% of the game is half mental

We can start with offensive coordinator and kicker. Just keep friggin Shayne Graham.

Oh, and special teams coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    We can start with offensive coordinator and kicker. Just keep friggin Shayne Graham.

Oh, and special teams coach.

Agree with all three. Where were the screen passes and slants. Cam is not very good. I have lost confidence in Dickson too. Thought he'd be better then he is. Why do other teams in the playoffs catch passes with one hand against their helmet 40 yards down field and we dropp TD passes (this year and last) and miss 32 yard field goals? Our team lacks the mental toughness that the Pitt and NE teams have.

Cundiff is gone, no question. I'd think they'd probably sign Shayne Graham.

Cam, I don't know. His contract is up. I'd say it's a 50/50 shot of him returning. You certainly can't pin this game on him.

Where do they need to improve? Well, certainly the offensive line has to be top priority in the offseason, and maybe another receiver. I think we have Evans for another year, and aside from being careless and letting that ball get slapped away, he started coming on in the playoffs.

Outside of that, I really just don't know. Obviously replacing Ray will become important at some point, though he really does seem to have a lot left in the tank and loves playing still.

Shayne Graham? You do remember what cost him his job in Cincy? He missed a few FGs in a playoff game and yout want to replace one guy you think is a choker with another guy who may also be?

I think we need consider the composition of our team, specifically the about-to-retire players at key positions. I don't believe we are a Super Bowl-quality team without Ray and Ed. For that reason, I think stability is a good thing this offseason. To me the only glaring candidate for replacement is Cundiff, though Birk is just behind him. Then it moves to left tackle, but other than that I think we are solid and would feel confident heading into next season. I could go either way on offensive coordinator, but I don't want to deal with an adjustment that takes a significant part of the season to work through. We got to within a drop and (maybe) a kick of going to the ship, so things aren't THAT broke.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Blog Entries

I don't know that this offseason should be so much about firing people. It's about making sure we've got the best makeup on this team for who we truly are...

1st, we need to stop pretending we're an aerial attack first and foremost. I think we see that our pass and our run goes hand in hand. You can't come out spraying the ball, you need the passing game to start working to open up the run sometimes, and you need the run to really grind a team out

2nd, we need to be consistently good on special teams. Stop giving up tons of return yards and stop getting so little on our own returns. Oh, and make all your FGs from within the 40.

3rd, we need to start making sure we've got proteges for Ed and Ray ready to go. They'll be back, but one of these days, they won't have a choice.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Someone needs to teach our receivers to catch. Weren't we in the top 5 in drops this year? Today it came back to bite us in the ass.
    Actually, Evans caught well before he got here. I'm sure everyone remembers
    the game vs Buff he took to OT with 3 TDs. We win it but he got them
    to Ot.

He comes here and doesn't do squat.

We get Boldin after a great career in Arizona and he costs us the game last year in Piss dropping the ball on the goal line in the 4th qtr.

Same with TJ last year with a big drop after a good career
    in Cinci. Everyone wanted these guys when we got em.
    They come here and YIKKKKKESS.

Always in Bmore.

Blog Entries

Baltimore. Where good offensive players go to die. Seriously, Kicker, center, ilb, OC, ST coordinator. And if Harbaugh doesn't find a way to get this team over the hump, HC.

Blog Entries

WR Coach
    OL Coach
    OC
    ST Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Baltimore. Where good offensive players go to die. Seriously, Kicker, center, ilb, OC, ST coordinator. And if Harbaugh doesn't find a way to get this team over the hump, HC.
    WOW. You want Harbaugh gone when a guy drops a ball in the endzone? What the hell is he supposed to do there?

It all comes down to execution and the idea that Harbaugh is on any kind of hot seat after taking a 5-11 team and turning it into a team that has made the playoffs 4 years in a row, AND won a playoff game all 4 years, is ludicrous. Some improvements can be made on special teams and at coordinator but this has become a very solid team and a team that we can all enjoy being a part of season after season. Very few teams in the NFL have it better than us right now moving forward.

After the season Billy has had, though, I don't want him. God damn I miss Stover.