1. 1st Half PI Call

Extremely sore after this loss like all other Ravens faithful. 3 points were put on the board after the ticky tack call for PI on Webb in the first half. I mean you can't pin everything on this one play but that was a pick that gets erased and gives the Pats 3. They have not called PI in any playoff games this year so that's what I keep going back to for some reason. Can someone let me know if this was blatent PI?

Re: 1st Half PI Call

Quote Originally Posted by bevans9999 View Post
    Extremely sore after this loss like all other Ravens faithful. 3 points were put on the board after the ticky tack call for PI on Webb in the first half. I mean you can't pin everything on this one play but that was a pick that gets erased and gives the Pats 3. They have not called PI in any playoff games this year so that's what I keep going back to for some reason. Can someone let me know if this was blatent PI?
    It was. He hooked his arm around the receiver, even if it was only for a half second.

Webb extended his arm after Welker changed direction and caught him with it. They are going to call that every time, and as another poster stated, if the roles were reversed we'd have been screaming for a flag.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

It wasn't PI, it was illegal contact and a good call.

5. Re: 1st Half PI Call

Yeah I can see the call being good. Just seeing a lot of contact this postseason with no yellow.

It was weak. If you call that you have to call the one on Pitta also, it has to go both ways.

Blog Entries

I thought it was more a case of the reciever running into webb then webb contacting him but the reciever usually gets the call on that play. As for the Pitta play at the end if its the regular season its probably a defensive holding call but not in the playoffs on the road

Blog Entries

It was the right call

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I thought it was more a case of the reciever running into webb then webb contacting him but the reciever usually gets the call on that play. As for the Pitta play at the end if its the regular season its probably a defensive holding call but not in the playoffs on the road
    I agree: it looked to me more like Welker ran into Webb. His arm was already extended: Webb didn't reach out to grab him. But odds are the ref isn't watching the whole thing develop. He sees Webb's arm across Welker's body and reacts to that. It wasn't a terrible call, even if the whole play makes it look like a weak one.

The grab on Pitta should have been called, but that's football. You have to make the plays to overcome bad calls, especially non-calls.

The Ravens made other mistakes that cost them, too. It wasn't really just one player or one mistake. Ellerbe's face mask set up the Patriots first touchdown, for instance. Overall they played well. If Evans holds on, Flacco's the talk of the NFL.