Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Dennis Pitta has to start next season....

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    Aren't Dickson and Pitta roughly the same size? And didn't Pitta run a faster 40-yard dash out of college than Dickson? I'm just going on memory for that so I might be wrong. And Dickson doesn't show much strength or blocking ability for someone of his size either, to go along with his suspect hands.
    Dickson has 10 pounds on Pitta. And yes Pitta did run a faster 40-yard dash.

Personally I want us to draft with defense in mine with our top picks. MLB and a really good pass rushing DE or OLB. I think we're fine at TE and we still have young WR we can develop. I'd try to target some receiver in free agency. I think we're solid on the line and can still work with Reid, Boren, and Guorode if Birk retires. McKinnie is clearly not a long term solution but should be fine for another year. Hopefully we can keep Grubbs. I think we're stacked at corner and decent at safety even if Reed retires. Zibi is alright and Nakamura has pretty good coverage skills. Eventually we'll have to address safety but I wouldn't target it in the first two round this year.

If we could grab a Jabaal Sheard or Brooks Reed type player in round 2 I'd be happy.

3. Re: Dennis Pitta has to start next season....

I've been saying forever that we need to draft another pass rusher. Sergio, i heard is "killing it" in practice. I wouldn't rely on him though another guy couldn't hurt.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Dickson is a f'ing joke! Been saying it all year. Pitta is so much better in every way. Putting aside the fact that he catches everything thrown to him and is tough as nails, its also crystal clear that he is Flacco's favorite target and that should count for something too. You can't argue with what we have seen on the field. Pitta outplayed bum ass Dickson all year and should absolutely be starting next year.

We need to end this Dickson vs. Pitta debate once and for all. Dickson is suspect while Pitta catches everything in sight.

Dennis Pitta is the starting tight end next year for the Ravens. He's proven himself on the field this season by being a reliable target for Flacco and is consistent with his route running and pass catching abilities. Why waste time trying to bring Dickson up to speed when he obviously has inferior catching skills. It's not as though either of these guys have never played football before.

I wonder if Ozzie is the one pushing Dickson because he was a third rounder while Pitta was the 4th. Ironically, it's Pitta that wouldn't likely make it past the mid-second round if that draft were miraculously re-done.

oh how things work out when belichick jumped in front of us to take gronkowski and then we took dickson. dickson drops passes, mostly in crunch time, but also false started and also doesnt bother to block on the boldin catch. for some unknown reason, he turns and runs upfield and gets in front of boldin instead of turning and blocking the one guy that can stop boldin from going all the way. WTF!!! im not sure he has his head in the game for 60 minutes and im not sure that can be coached out

9. Re: Dennis Pitta has to start next season....

It doesnt matter who starts. They both have good stregths and can be use effectively under the right system. Pitta may have better hands like we seen since their rookie years but dickson can create mismatches against Lb's because of his acceleration and speed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    It doesnt matter who starts. They both have good stregths and can be use effectively under the right system. Pitta may have better hands like we seen since their rookie years but dickson can create mismatches against Lb's because of his acceleration and speed
    Those "mismatches" mean nothing when you drop the ball half the time it's thrown to you. For as much as I dislike Dickson, I readily admit that he can get open, he just can't catch.

Justin Harper also could get open. It does zero good when open receivers can't catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Those "mismatches" mean nothing when you drop the ball half the time it's thrown to you. For as much as I dislike Dickson, I readily admit that he can get open, he just can't catch.
    This +1