Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: If the Defense had forced a few more three and outs...

Quote Originally Posted by Wacco flacco flame View Post
    What else did you want the D to do? The last two patriots possessions, they got a interception, after Joe gave one up and then they got a 3 and out. The Offense blew a chance to go up 8 after the fumble, when Joe missed a wide open leach.
    I think the last three and out was simply the Patriots playing conservative with the lead and little time left to play. Bele-whatever knew that a mistake at THAT position of the field would've killed them.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Brady was about as hot as he usually is against the Ravens. While he's now 7-1 against the Ravens, statistically he performs worse against them than anyone else.
    But somehow he always gets enough points to beat us if the game is close.
    Al

Blog Entries

We needed 7 after that fumble recovery on the kickoff. I knew it would bite us in the ass.

I told everyone around me all week that we'd have to score 28 points to win.

You can't expect to hold that offense down every drive...they have one of the greatest QB's to ever play and had constant mismatches with their TE's on virtually every play.

Our D did a hell of a job today.

Evans and Cundiff just couldn't finish.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

You can't expect to hold that offense down every drive...they have one of the greatest QB's to ever play and had constant mismatches with their TE's on virtually every play.

Our D did a hell of a job today.

Evans and Cundiff just couldn't finish.
    I understand that, but the Pats last TD drive was pretty much ALL on their RBs shoulders and it didn't seem like the D had any interest in stopping it. That's what pisses me off the most. A play here or there I can understand, but to give up an ENTIRE drive (and not to Brady no less) was just vile and vomit inducing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    You were wrong. We only needed 24.

Unfortunately, we only got 20...

330 total yards. Brady with ZERO TD's and a 57.7 rating. Two picks. This from an offense that regularly scores 40+ and gets 450+ yards. The defense did everything needed to win and more. Scoring a crummy 20 points against the #31 defense is what lost the game, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacco flacco flame View Post
    What else did you want the D to do? The last two patriots possessions, they got a interception, after Joe gave one up and then they got a 3 and out. The Offense blew a chance to go up 8 after the fumble, when Joe missed a wide open leach.
    And Brady didn't miss a wide open anyone? QB's sometime miss things but that's a mute point if Evans hangs on to a ball he caught.

I'm afraid this OP doesn't appreciate a good defense when he sees one. Given what kind of offense we were facing and the kind of player Brady is I think it's pretty damn impressive we held them to 23 points.

Against that offense, in their home stadium, I thought the defense played well enough to win. No complaints from me.

Brady 57.5 Qb rating.

That defense played its heart out. This game wasn't their fault. I'm the biggest advocate of we lose as a team, and win as a team, but i have to say. Cundiff, and Evans get a load of the blame for this one.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

The defense played well. Can't complain too much. But I would have liked to see:

1. Some better run-stopping. Ben Jarvus Green Ellis? Come on man.

2. Where did the pass rush go? Our fears that the disappearing act they did against Houston turned out to be largely correct. Sure, Brady was throwing a lot of short, quick passes, but we knew that we needed Suggs and Ngata and company to get to Brady all day long to get the win, and they failed. The DBs picked up a lot of the slack and overall played great but they can't do everything.

Still, the defense as a whole is not the reason we lost. But it's not unreasonable to say they fell a little short of expectations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Will someone inform this joker that we just played arguably the best QB in the history of the game. The guy that has three SB rings and with the worst defense in the NFL has managed to get his team to the Super Bowl once again. The person that started this thread perception is getting in the way of the obvious. Close this thread.
    Save your keystrokes. Logic isn't going to make much headway with a "joker" who can't spell "unacceptable".

I've already heard a few analysts say Brady had an off day or whatever, but they seem to be strangers to this newfangled cause-and-effect theory. I expect TONS more of this sort of analysis in the lead up to the Super Bowl. Our defense played lights out and covered the hell out of their receivers all day long, so much so that the vaunted Pats offense actually leaned on their running game to score and move the ball. In today's NFL, that's the best a defense can do. Expecting anything more is 100% unreasonable.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Save your keystrokes. Logic isn't going to make much headway with a "joker" who can't spell "unacceptable".
    First of all, this "joker" can spell 'unacceptable' asswipe. Excuse me for not being methodical in my spelling/grammar a full hour after a heartbreaking loss. Give me a fucking break.

Secondly, you resort to name calling because of what? You don't agree with what I say? You feel butthurt because someone had to balls to say something about our supposedly perfect D? Sit your ass down somewhere!