Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ray will be back Next season....

I'm OK with Ray coming back, BUT we MUST find another ILB -- FA or draft -- to step in SOON. Ed's replacement must be identified, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I'm so happy to hear that. Lets make another run at this thing. With another Great Draft, and a few Free Agent signings, and Maybe a new OC. This team is destined for greatness next season.

Honestly the fact that Ray is coming back, just made my day. I'm not gonna lie i feel a lot better.
    +1. That's a good sized chunk of the reason I've felt so terrible.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

3. Re: Ray will be back Next season....

If you haven't heard it, search out Ray's press conference after the game in which he made the announcement about playing next year. He truly knows how to put everything in perspective in the most eloquent and classy way. I watched it twice and cried both times... not from disappointment in the season, but from what he said at the end about what's really important in life (like not getting the chance to be with a 17 year old kid with bone cancer, because of having to prepare for this game). After losing both parents to cancer I can relate to that a lot. But what he said about the team, the season, and the game was also very inspiring.

Re: Ray Lewis to return next season

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Actually, not really.

I love him, but I think Ray needs to move on to be honest. He looked very slow to me today.
    Yes he did. 12 tackles proved it.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I'm so happy to hear that. Lets make another run at this thing. With another Great Draft, and a few Free Agent signings, and Maybe a new OC. This team is destined for greatness next season.

Honestly the fact that Ray is coming back, just made my day. I'm not gonna lie i feel a lot better.
    I also agree! If Ed says he's coming back too I'll feel even better. With our young studs at corner, Reed, Lewis, Suggs, Ngata and the rest of the D we can still be a top defense forsure. Just need a few coaching changes and possibly a good WR.

I was shocked when I saw Ray Lewis trying to cover Wes Welker.

I was even more shocked when he was succeeding about 75% of the time.

Which is about 65% more than any other linebacker I've ever seen covering Welker, and I watch all the Pats games. Hat tip to Ray on this game. He was NOT an old man out there.

Re: Ray Lewis to return next season

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I like Hightower.
    Dquell Jackson as a Fa may be worth a look.

Still I don't think ilb is a huge need. The only thing I think we need is to play better vs road dogs so we host the title game next year.
    I like hightower as well. He's the type of guy you want on your team. Hard worker, loves football. He comes from Nick Saban's school of Defense, which is a complicated scheme.

Burficts is high risk high reward.

Hightower is Low risk, Pretty high reward. Maybe not as high as burfict but its still really really high. He could be a perennial pro bowler, Curious to see what his 40 time is. At 6'4 260 if he runs anything under a 4.7. Wow watchout.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I was shocked when I saw Ray Lewis trying to cover Wes Welker.

I was even more shocked when he was succeeding about 75% of the time.

Which is about 65% more than any other linebacker I've ever seen covering Welker, and I watch all the Pats games. Hat tip to Ray on this game. He was NOT an old man out there.
    I LOLed. People get mad when they see Welker beating Ray...why would anyone expect him to be able to cover him straight up?

EDIT: He's Wes Welker. Wes goddamn Welker people!
    Long days and pleasant nights.