Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Lee Evans

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Flacco has the worst luck I've seen in a while when it comes to receivers dropping perfectly thrown passes in big game situations.

I can count 10 alone in the past couple of years that have cost us, or nearly cost us, important games.

God Bless him though, he never complains, which is why I'm proud to have him as the starting QB of the Baltimore Ravens.

Lee Evans, Billy Cundiff... See ya!:bag:
    THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can't see us giving Evans another year...he may have cost himself not only money, but he probably is on his way out of the league by dropping that pass.

He has a $1 million bonus coming up that I'd be pissed if we paid...but we have to actually find a legit, real 3rd WR...and I'm not big on depending on Doss and ESPECIALLY not counting on Laquan or the weed smoking, constantly injured legend of David Reed.

Blog Entries

I agree Evans should have caught that ball, but does the defender not get any credit for doing his job. I watched that play several times over Evans didn't even have time to get the second foot down before the ball was out.

Gotta give credit where it's do the defender did his job.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I agree Evans should have caught that ball, but does the defender not get any credit for doing his job. I watched that play several times over Evans didn't even have time to get the second foot down before the ball was out.

Gotta give credit where it's do the defender did his job.
    No doubt, it was a very good play by the defender...but that doesn't excuse Evans not squeezing the ball.

I think Evans thought he had the ball and getting his other foot down was a formality...it hit his gut and as he was turning and his left foot coming down, looked like he was starting to move the ball to his outside arm as if the catch was already made.

I would perhaps give the defender more credit and Evans a little slack if it was a ball that made Evans extend his arms...but a ball in your gut with both hands..and forearms cradling the ball...you can't be lackadasical with that...cradle it like a baby and just fall backwards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    No doubt, it was a very good play by the defender...but that doesn't excuse Evans not squeezing the ball.

I think Evans thought he had the ball and getting his other foot down was a formality...it hit his gut and as he was turning and his left foot coming down, looked like he was starting to move the ball to his outside arm as if the catch was already made.

I would perhaps give the defender more credit and Evans a little slack if it was a ball that made Evans extend his arms...but a ball in your gut with both hands..and forearms cradling the ball...you can't be lackadasical with that...cradle it like a baby and just fall backwards.
    Like I said he should have held on to it ( I actually said caught it). He caught the ball and the defender made a play. But Evans didn't drop it. I am not excusing him or trying to absolve him of any blame, just gotta recognize the defender did his job, just like Ed Reed did his on knocking the ball away from Hernandez.