Re: Lee Evans

ball came out the same time as the 2nd foot touched
    http://youtu.be/Qxx0PLn9aLI

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wacco flacco flame View Post
    ball was coming out before the 2nd foot touched
    I just watched your link. No, Evans's second toe was down BEFORE the Pats players arm hits Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by Playmaker View Post
    Exactly. He was very lax on the way down. Almost like he started to celebrate to early.
    That was it. Evans relaxed and let the ball be stripped. And it wasn't a catch. In real time (not slow motion) he didn't have the ball long enough. Nobody on the post game show thought that was a catch. I'm a huge Ravens fan but I don't think we got robbed this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    I thought he had it too, but I think he's about to get 'Housh'ed' he won't be back.
    Evans simply did not secure the ball and bring it into his body. It was stripped before he had control and two feet down. All Evans had to do was bring the ball close to his chest an fall down in the end zone. This team always seems to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in big games.

Blog Entries

The fact is that was too close to call, and he did not even try to sell the TD, but reacted as if it was an incomplete. On top of not securing the football as he should. In my opinion, refs should not be blamed for this one. Neither should Flacco, to this fan, he won the game with his 3rd TD of the game. He was robbed of it, that's all. But not bythe zebras.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wacco flacco flame View Post
    ball came out the same time as the 2nd foot touched
    No, sorry man.

It should have been reviewed, but that wasn't a TD. Lee Evans caught it backpedalling, got 1 foot down, DB slaps at the ball and his second foot comes down at the same time the ball is being jarred loose. As soon as the ball moves it's not considered as a possession, ergo: No TD.

It's a bummer and what's worse is this was probably one of the best shots for Lee Evans to get to a SB considering he's never even been in the playoffs before.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

for all of the flacco bashers how about blaming flacco for not catching the ball as well as throwing it. another 80 yard drive with less then 2 minutes onthe biggest stage by a great qb. within 3 plays we wwent from winning the game, to tying the game to losing the game.

8. Re: Lee Evans

It wasn't a td. Lee Evans needs to catch that and secure it. Inexcusable that he didn't.

That have no choice yep but to grt rid of him and Cundiff in the offseason.

Aaron Wilson

Also In Baltimore Ravens

• Lee Evans: "To be honest with you, I couldn't even tell you what happened. I feel like I had it, but it came out. I don't know how to put it into words. Honestly, it's the most disappointing part of all of this that I feel personally that I let everybody down. This is the greatest team I've been on. I let everybody down. It's on my shoulders. I think Ray Lewis gave a good message coming in here. It's hard to accept how and why things happen, but it's the reality. It's just tough to accept."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Lee Evans: "They didn't feel like it was close enough to be reviewed. It's really hard to say. It hit me right where you would want to be hit. It was a great pass by Joe and a play not completed by me. Nobody else can take the fault."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Help me hate on Evans...a play that will live in infamy.

He relaxed for a split second and dashed the hopes of a city. I wanna hate but...

I don't know how to process Evans' "drop". It's 2:42 am and I can't sleep. Keep seeing that play over and over. I put quotes around drop because I don't think it was technically a drop, although lots of folks keep using that word.

Should I blame Evans for not "finishing" the play by protecting the ball or should I give the defender credit for knocking it out of his hands? Either way it's killing me. Evans catches the ball and you see his body relax for a split second which allowed the defender to make the play.

Can Evans be blamed for that? I don't think so. Or do I?

I can't believe how close we were to the SB. That play will live forever in infamy in Baltimore Sports lore. Put it right up there with Morrall's flea flicker, Swoboda's sliding catch, Chandler's field goal, et. al.

Re: Help me hate on Evans...a play that will live in infamy.

I blame him. In a world of absolutes, he's a loser and somebody else is a winner. Gotta finish the play and be the winner.

Having said that, he can make up for that play next year by finishing the play when the chance presents itself.