Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Lee Evans

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    With a SB on line.. you would think you would clutch that ball like it was your life...
    Exactly. He was very lax on the way down. Almost like he started to celebrate to early.

Goog bye Lee - can you help Cam load those boxes into his van - I'm sure he can give you a ride to the airport

I thought Evans took the play lightly. Like a Willie Mays bucket catch. Like hey look how easy I can catch a TD. With the game on the line he should have secured that ball as though his life depended on it. If he and Cam are back next year I'll want Ozzies head on a 50 foot stake. Oh the guy that missed the field goal... clear out his locker as well.

While Evan's drop is inexcusable lets give some credit to the Patriots DB who had the presence of mind to reach in and knock that ball out. The irony of all this is that this was Lee evan's most productive game yet a game that will in infamy.

5. Re: Lee Evans

The only sure handed guys around Joe are Rice, Pitta, and Boldin... they need a tall, vertical threat.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    tbh i thought he got it, turned his body and got two feet down, i think its a TD, i dont know how they didnt even review it
    Thank you!

An easy common sense call!

Once again the NFL's love and favoritism for the Pats shines through. Ala 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    Well that is about accurate. I think everyone knows we need a tall big red zone WR. Hopefully there will be a few in Free Agency.
    We have one. Move Pitta to WR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    The only sure handed guys around Joe are Rice, Pitta, and Boldin... they need a tall, vertical threat.
    Boldin dropped a pass today as well and has dropped several this season.

Pitta and Rice are the only sure handed players on offense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

That play to lee evans at the end of the game was a td!!!!!! Evans never went to the ground on that play. He had possession and two feet down in the end zone!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    While Evan's drop is inexcusable lets give some credit to the Patriots DB who had the presence of mind to reach in and knock that ball out.
    They slap at the ball on every play. Evans has to secure it before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    tbh i thought he got it, turned his body and got two feet down, i think its a TD, i dont know how they didnt even review it
    I saw one, two, and three feet down, before it was stripped. Harbaugh couldn't call for a review because it was under two minutes. He should've used his last timeout so the guys upstairs could think about it, while bitching with the refs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    I saw one, two, and three feet down, before it was stripped. Harbaugh couldn't call for a review it because it was under two minutes. He should've used his last timeout so the guys upstairs could think about it, while bitching with the refs.
    Exactly! That was a TD! You ONLY have to maintain possession throughout the play if you are going to the ground. Evans never went to the ground! He had possession and two feet down in bounds in the end zone. That was NOT a dropped pass. It was a completed pass and then a strip.