Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How are you watching the game tomorrow?

My mom-in-law's memorial service was held today here in Florida. Four generations of our family will put on our Ravens gear tomorrow and watch the game together.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Here is my celebration beer...aged over one year:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10099/59151

My dream day includes watching the win and then sitting back drinking the beer and listening to the entirety of the album until the wee hours of the morning.

never heard of it but sounds good. i actually tried the ruthless rye last night at a local bar (http://theponybar.com/r) and was surprised today that it was available in the grocery store today. i picked up a 6 pack.
    hopefully the 6th beer is a celebration drink!!

Just watching it with the wife and kids, though the kids will probably keep themselves occupied with other things.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    never heard of it but sounds good. i actually tried the ruthless rye last night at a local bar (http://theponybar.com/r) and was surprised today that it was available in the grocery store today. i picked up a 6 pack.
    hopefully the 6th beer is a celebration drink!!
    its a dogfish head beer. pretty hard to find as it is a limited release celebrating the 40 anniversary of Miles Davis' album.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    By myself at home. Not inviting anyone, not going to anyone's place.

I need to be able to yell at the top of my lungs, and break things, without being judged.
    I know what you mean. I did the party thing last week and besides being unable to express my moments of psychotic rage over bad plays, there were too many distractions.For one thing, my friends Yorkie dog kept stalking me and biting my ankles. I would just as soon watch by myself or with my son, which is what I'm doing tomorrow.

Also, at parties I can't really watch the game like I want to- with my DVR control firmly in hand. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Here is my celebration beer...aged over one year:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10099/59151

My dream day includes watching the win and then sitting back drinking the beer and listening to the entirety of the album until the wee hours of the morning.
    I've looked everywhere for that beer. I always end up picking up DFH chicory stout or 90 minute IPA when I go out in search of bitches brew.

Blog Entries

hmmm. since we're talking beer (good choices BTW ) I'm going with Sweetwater 420 IPA for the game. If my mood is right (we win) I'll wind down the night hours with "my brother" -- Brother Thelonius.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    I've looked everywhere for that beer. I always end up picking up DFH chicory stout or 90 minute IPA when I go out in search of bitches brew.
    a store in Severna Park has about 7 bottles.

Nice beer recommendation, Galen. I'll have to look for that one. I live about 10 miles from Dogfish. The Punkin' Ale is a favorite of mine.
    My kids have become fanatics about watching the game, so we all watch together. We got through the irrelevant questions stage years ago, fortunately. My wife told me about an invitation we had to go elsewhere to watch the game- No Way. She already knew. No socializing during this one!

I've watched most nationally televised Ravens games at home alone, but I'll be watching at my buddies' place. Their 50" trumps my 32" plus I'll have some camaraderie if things go poorly and people to celebrate with after a win.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Watching it at home, most likely with the wife like we did last week for the divisional game. Got a new Ravens flag to put outside, finally taking down the new year one. Kids will probably come in and bug us every so often though.

Heading to Dirty Birds in San Diego...the only spot for a Ravens fan in San Diego. Usually i barricade the doors at home, but its the AFC championship game and I need to experience this will my fellow flock.

I will be in a hotel room in Arkansas on a work trip hoping that the guy that said he would cover for me for those precious 3 hours won't call me back and say he needs me to come in!
    PUT RAY RICE & REX RYAN BACK ON THIS TEAM NOW!
    (Notice: if this is now the future and this signature has become outdated because Ray Rice has signed with any of the following cities, Buf, Mia, Ne, Nyj, CIN, CLE, "PIT", Hou, Ind, Jac, Ten, Den, Kc, Oak, Sd, let the record show that I was never in favor of his release) This message has been brought to you in part by the R.R.R.R. Preservation Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    By myself at home. Not inviting anyone, not going to anyone's place.

I need to be able to yell at the top of my lungs, and break things, without being judged.
    Same as me. With a supply of bourbon for afterwords that acts as either celebrator/consoler.

Blog Entries

I'll be watching on my 13 inch laptop screen through an undoubtedly patchy internet feed at 8pm UK time with my brother, who's a Pats fan. Pity me.

I'm already hyped for the game, I'll fill in a few hours by watching 1 (maybe 2) Premier League "soccer" matches (which to be fair should be excellent games) and maybe doing an essay. It's gonna be a late night after watching the NFCCG, which will end at about 2am my time...