Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

How are you watching the game tomorrow?

I went up to the game in 2009 and sat with some southie friends of mine who are huge Pats fans who had tickets. I was the only Ravens fan in the whole section and luckily I had my friends with me or it could have gotten ugly with the Ravens 21-0 start. I am not going this year as my friends aren't going and its a long trip.

How are the home-bound folks watching this game? I am not one to want a lot of people around when I am watching such a big game. My kids (5 and 6) who normally get about 2 hours of t.v. a week will be supplied a steady stream of DVD movies upstairs with plenty of food to silence them. Of course they want to watch the game but they can't sit through 3 hours of football yet without knocking shit over and asking me irrelevent questions.

My wife and I will maybe have two friends over who are able to watch football like me in that they don't chat about anything that is not game related and not louder than the t.v. They are cool with me ignoring them or telling them to shut up and vice-versa. They don't gripe about Flacco or Cam or whatever, they just watch. A friend of my wife asked her if she could come by and my wife knew she didn't fit the criteria for an AFCCG Sunday and she was declined. She certainly thinks I am odd but any kind of idle chat during a game annoys the shit out of me.

So it is my wife and I and maybe two select friends who watch football with us a lot and get the necessary etiquettee. I know some people are having parties of 10-20 people over with kids etc. I know others going to bars to watch the game in a bar setting. Truly, I would be fine sitting by myself watching this game.

What are others doing?

Re: How are you watching the game tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I went up to the game in 2009 and sat with some southie friends of mine who are huge Pats fans who had tickets. I was the only Ravens fan in the whole section and luckily I had my friends with me or it could have gotten ugly with the Ravens 21-0 start. I am not going this year as my friends aren't going and its a long trip.

How are the home-bound folks watching this game? I am not one to want a lot of people around when I am watching such a big game. My kids (5 and 6) who normally get about 2 hours of t.v. a week will be supplied a steady stream of DVD movies upstairs with plenty of food to silence them. Of course they want to watch the game but they can't sit through 3 hours of football yet without knocking shit over and asking me irrelevent questions.

My wife and I will maybe have two friends over who are able to watch football like me in that they don't chat about anything that is not game related and not louder than the t.v. They are cool with me ignoring them or telling them to shut up and vice-versa. They don't gripe about Flacco or Cam or whatever, they just watch. A friend of my wife asked her if she could come by and my wife knew she didn't fit the criteria for an AFCCG Sunday and she was declined. She certainly thinks I am odd but any kind of idle chat during a game annoys the shit out of me.

So it is my wife and I and maybe two select friends who watch football with us a lot and get the necessary etiquettee. I know some people are having parties of 10-20 people over with kids etc. I know others going to bars to watch the game in a bar setting. Truly, I would be fine sitting by myself watching this game.

What are others doing?
    lmaoooo I found that bolded party funny for some reason, but I'm the same as you. I'd rather watch it by myself or only with a couple of people at MAX. Just gonna watch it in the living room on the 82 inch

Watching at home with a few friends that are die hard ravens fans, and all the kids will be movie watching as well.

Adults in the Basement and Kids up stairs for this one! We will see if it actually works that way. lol

Blog Entries

Always watch the games with my son and we put on the voo doo before kickoff. Wife will probably leave the house to keep from listening to us scream

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I always watch the games with my parents.

I'm like you Galen. Hate watching the game with a bunch of people that will talk over the game and don't care about the outcome. Tomorrow it'll be me, the girlfriend and the baby. She knows that for those 3 hours I won't be doing diaper changes and/or feedings.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

In the living room, probably just the wife and daughters. Neither kid is old enough to know or care what is going on.

We'll pick up a peck of oysters and steam em out on the deck. The 6 year old knows how to make the cocktail sauce (just ketchup and horseradish) so we let her do that now.

Will have my iphone with me on the couch to send inflammatory texts to friends in the Pittsburgh and Boston areas. And to ones in the DC area too if they are dumb enough to attempt any smack if we fall behind.

Probably take the 6 year old fishing in the morning if it's not raining, just to get out of the house and chill out instead of waiting all day for the game. I count fishing as "parenting".

Yeah its tough sitting around half the day waiting for the game to start. In 2006, I had to get my bike out and ride around for a while to burn off some nerves. We will go out for breakfast in the morning, hit a park if it is warm enough and i will go grocery shopping. I wil probably get the bike out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Yeah its tough sitting around half the day waiting for the game to start. In 2006, I had to get my bike out and ride around for a while to burn off some nerves. We will go out for breakfast in the morning, hit a park if it is warm enough and i will go grocery shopping. I wil probably get the bike out again.
    Being on the west coast helps me.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

10. Re: How are you watching the game tomorrow?

By myself at home. Not inviting anyone, not going to anyone's place.

I need to be able to yell at the top of my lungs, and break things, without being judged.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

For me it's lighting the fireplace and watching the game with Mrs. Madman, petting our doggies and good commentary on the game. Oh yeah I almost forgot...some wine for the Mrs. and a few (while maybe several) cocktails for me. If I'm not attending a game I can't imagine doing anything different.....

I really enjoy the game thread.

I generally watch the games alone, but my wife and I are hosting a party to watch both games tomorrow. Mostly pretty die-hard Ravens fans, so the game will be the center of everyone's attention. I'm already getting antsy!