Football Outsiders statistical analysis of the AFCC game (for what it is worth)

Link:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/gam...onship-preview

In this era of multiple receivers and shotgun spreads, the Ravens actually run a fairly conventional, old-fashioned offense. Our charting lists the Ravens using two wide receivers on 56 percent of plays, the highest rate in the league. They run more often than they pass on first down. They like their play-action passes, although they used play action less this year than in past years. We've got them down with play fakes on just 15.2 percent of passes, which is actually below average.
    I hate hearing stuff like that. Tomorrow's game will hinge on our offense more than our defense, imo.

Blog Entries

Re: Football Outsiders statistical analysis of the AFCC game (for what it is worth)

They're a run first team - if Rice doesn't get his 20+ touches the board might melt down.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: Football Outsiders statistical analysis of the AFCC game (for what it is worth)

My motto for tomorrow is the same as Harbaugh's: By any means necessary...

That obviously includes throwing every down if necessary.

Suprised we use so little play action. It should help our WRs get that seperation that has been lacking deep and in the middle.

The 2 WR thing is no suprise though. Evans has been hurt all year and putting a 3rd Wr in usually means taking Leach out.

Our pass attack should be able to carry the team this week. The Pats do not have a single guy in the front 7 who is a true pass rush threat. They also do not have a Cb like Joseph able to cover Smith or Boldin 1 on 1. This is not the Texan's defense.

The Pats were 26th giving up yardage with play action (8.2 yards per play) and 29th giving up yardage without play action (7.2 yards per play). This discussion of a Patriots defensive split, like a lot of discussion of Patriots defensive splits this year, ends up sounding a bit like Green Eggs and Ham. The Patriots defense sucked against play action, and it sucked without play action. It sucked on first down, and it sucked on third down. It sucked in the first quarter, and it sucked in the fourth quarter. It sucked on a boat, and it sucked with a goat.

:T2:

Our play action has been terrible. We should be using it less, not more.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Link:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/gam...onship-preview

I hate hearing stuff like that. Tomorrow's game will hinge on our offense more than our defense, imo.
    The argument against these overall ratings is to point at Baltimore's inconsistency this season.

I stopped reading right there. The only thing that the Pats have been consistent against in the playoffs over the last five years or this season is in beating the lower half of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post

I concur.