Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Go get the job done (from a Texans fan)

I know you guys are underdogs, we had been most of the year and I'd like to share our sentiment with you.

"What every long-shot, come from behind underdog will tell you is this - the other guy may be the favorite, the odds may be stacked against you. Fair enough. But what the odds don't know is this isn't a math test. This is a completely different kind of test! One where passion has a funny way of trumping logic."

I wrote before our match-up, the Super Bowl champs would be either the Ravens or Texans. Both play with more passion than any other team.

My prediction for tomorrow is, Suggs will take over the game.

Blog Entries

Re: Go get the job done (from a Texans fan)

Quote Originally Posted by James Scott View Post
    I know you guys are underdogs, we had been most of the year and I'd like to share our sentiment with you.

"What every long-shot, come from behind underdog will tell you is this - the other guy may be the favorite, the odds may be stacked against you. Fair enough. But what the odds don't know is this isn't a math test. This is a completely different kind of test! One where passion has a funny way of trumping logic."

I wrote before our match-up, the Super Bowl champs would be either the Ravens or Texans. Both play with more passion than any other team.

The odds-makers may have the Ravens as underdogs, but we are far from long-shots.
    The Ravens may not be able to match the Bradys TD for TD, but if our defense plays up to it's potential, it will be a low scoring Ravens win (23 - 20) affair. As a Ravens fan, I do not take a back seat to the Patriots, even in Foxboro, in any way, shape, or form... Bc

Blog Entries

I like the cut of your jib!

Thanks for the kind words and good luck to the Texans in the years to come, as long as they aren't playing the Ravens.

Thanks James. Anyone looking ahead who does not think you guys will be major players has not been paying attention.

5. Re: Go get the job done (from a Texans fan)

I respect good football, no nonsense football. Baltimore and Houston play the same kind of ball, there are no prima donna's on either team.

It will be you and us next year. Thanks for the encouragement.

[QUOTEI know you guys are underdogs, we had been most of the year and I'd like to share our sentiment with you.

My prediction for tomorrow is, Suggs will take over the game. ][/QUOTE]

Thanks James, what a classy post! And may I say I like where the Texans are heading in the years to come. Your team definitely got my attention and earned my respect. Cheers

8. Re: Go get the job done (from a Texans fan)

Thank you for the returned respect.

Many of my fellow Texans fans refused to root for the Titans when Bud moved the Oilers and changed their name. I rooted for the Titans because I admired Steve McNair. When Bud locked McNair out of Tenn and Baltimore claimed him, I immediately became a Ravens fan. That, in addition to my admiration for Ray Lewis, even when he was opposing McNair and George, firmly cemented my loyalty to the Ravens.

I'm Houston first, it's where I was born and raised and Baltimore second. And I hate the Steelers for knocking out my Oilers back in the late 70's and 1980.

Blog Entries

Rex said the same thing. Hope you're both right
    and

THANKS, MAN.

THE TEXANS ARE THE TEAM OF THE FUTURE. YOUR
    DAY IS COMING.

Blog Entries

Thank you for the returned respect.

Many of my fellow Texans fans refused to root for the Titans when Bud moved the Oilers and changed their name. I rooted for the Titans because I admired Steve McNair. When Bud locked McNair out of Tenn and Baltimore claimed him, I immediately became a Ravens fan. That, in addition to my admiration for Ray Lewis, even when he was opposing McNair and George, firmly cemented my loyalty to the Ravens.

I'm Houston first, it's where I was born and raised and Baltimore second. And I hate the Steelers for knocking out my Oilers back in the late 70's and 1980.
    we (Ravens fans) can definately relate to having our beloved franchise ripped away from us. the Irsay's run is over...Texans should own the AFC South for the next half dozen years.

Generally this year, I dismissed the "lack of respect" angle that Baltimore fans seem to have embraced and clung to since the 2000 season, but I don't think I've ever seen this much "dissing" of a team for one game. Literally no one is picking us, and it seems like this huge bash fest whenever the game is talked about(as in bashing the Ravens or Flacco), while virtually ignoring the Patriots (major) flaws.

Honestly, if we do win this game, it might be the most satisfying win in the franchise's existence.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Honestly, if we do win this game, it might be the most satisfying win in the franchise's existence.
    Well, we did a game in January of 2001 as I recall... Bc