Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The rule of 26-27-60 and how it relates to Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    wicked--
    Thanks for the interesting slant on those numbers. I do agree that they are not necessarily a predictor, but likely offer a good way for NFL teams to factor in another variable in how to assess the future success of guys at QB. Plus, teams have x amount of resources, including time, to perform these evaluations before they have to draft, so it makes sense to me to use these things as a way to get a handle on who are your prime targets for acquisition, in which round, who else might be interested and impact upon your own selections, etc.

And NCR, your post got me to thinking about my thread on the Ravens and Flacco as far as my lack of understanding about quick release patterns and the whole "Why doesn't Flacco pass 'better'?" Filmstudy offered some good thoughts on this as well in his thread, and I'm starting to wonder if the whole offense needs a fresh look at some point. Obviously it's not doing too bad, given that it's headed into the AFC Championship, so I can't be too harsh with my criticisms, but I have to wonder how the team will "improve" the offense over the next few seasons.
    "...not doing too badLY."" Disappointed Beau.:)

Blog Entries
    WCO is said to be extremely complicated. If Joe struggles with this, not sure why many want to bring in a west coast style.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The Air Coryell can work. They just need to modify a little, so that there are some shorter routes available when the team needs to come from behind or force the safeties up.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Show me where

-Joe is not intelligent enough
    -Joe can't handle the entire playbook
    -Joe can't think quickly.

is discussed.

THIS IS A QB WHO HAS HAD THE BEST FIRST 4 YEARS OF PRETTY MUCH ANYONE NOT NAME BRADY OR ROETHLISBERGER, AND WE TALK ABOUT HIM LIKE HE IS SOME BUM WHO HAS SUCKED FOR 4 FUCKING YEARS.

Sorry I have to yell but my head is about to explode.
    If you're going to pick and choose what you want to blow up about then I don't know what to tell you except go beat off and have a beer or something. Blow off some steam or something dude or you're going to give yourself a coronary.

Follow me here...

1. Tony's article MADE ME THINK of all the folks who would claim that Joe was not capable of making quick reads and handling a complicated offense because of a lack of football intelligence, etc. The statements from players that kind of make blanket statements that Cam doesn't let Flacco have full control of the offense may (OR MAY NOT) give some sort of credence to those who do actually think and believe that to be the case. Until Flacco functions under another OC, no one can really know.

*DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT THINK JOE FLACCO IS INCAPABLE OR UNINTELLIGENT.

2. The folks who talk about him like he is some kind of bum are knuckleheads who obviously don't know what they're talking about.

*DISCLAIMER: I AM CONSIDERED A FLACCO APOLOGIST ON THIS FORUM BY MANY SO I FAIL TO SEE WHY YOU ARE FREAKING OUT
    ON ME KNOWING FULL WELL THAT IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM HAVE I EVER BEEN ONE TO TRASH FLACCO.

3. Tony's blog made me think, I did some googling and found that article. It seemed interesting to me and thought it would inspire some different discussion in the midst of a bunch of anti-Ravens threads started by Patriots' Trolls.

4. Luke Daniel's link came back as an "Article Removed" so I'm not sure what it said, but if it refuted what the article is stating then right on. I never said that I thought the wonderlic was an indicator of someone who is going to be a good QB. Obviously someone already pointed out that Dan Marino had like a 14 or something. Furthermore, the way I read the article was that scouts will use the wonderlic score in conjunction with the number of collegiate starts and completion percentage.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    WCO is said to be extremely complicated. If Joe struggles with this, not sure why many want to bring in a west coast style.
    I don't really think that anyone is saying or actually thinks that he would struggle with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Air Coryell can work. They just need to modify a little, so that there are some shorter routes available when the team needs to come from behind or force the safeties up.
    I agree with this, but I don't agree that Cam's version is going to make this offense any better than what they are. The offense has stagnated in some fashion and a lot of that is a result of the schemes and play calling from Cam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree with this, but I don't agree that Cam's version is going to make this offense any better than what they are. The offense has stagnated in some fashion and a lot of that is a result of the schemes and play calling from Cam.
    The next question, since we both agree, would be how many Air Coryell based coaches would be available?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore