Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Your Guess: What's Cam's "Wrinkle" Gonna Be on Sunday?

Straight up the gut running! Williams will get a workout.

In the passing game, if we need to throw more than 10 times, LOL, I'm expecting Lee Evans to actually have three or four catches.

If I have a concern, it's the Pats jumping out ahead of the Ravens and Cameron feeling he needs to throw two-thirds of the time with our receivers, who apart from Boldin have no playoff experience.

Not that that's going to happen, I pointed out in another thread how few points NE has scored in the 1st Q and first 3 Qs for the most part, of playoff games over the last four seasons, and against the Giants and Stoolers this season.

I dismiss the notion outright that the Pats are going to blow us out.

Re: Cam Cameron

I'm confused. Everytime someone posts about the media, the offense, the defense, the coaching, the game, the weather, Flacco, Rice, Lewis, Reed, etec, etc., someone posts, "Not another_______ thread."

So can someone please make a list of acceptable topics to post about, because I don't wanna ruffle any feathers. Maybe I can post about what collor socs the cheerleaders wear or something.

Help a brutha out.

Hurry-up offense...well, as hurry-up as the Ravens can be.

Blog Entries
    Just a shot in the dark but ...... How about lee Evans being heavily targeted during the entire first quarter

Tony Lombardi on CAM

I truely hope the Ravens will win. But in my heart of hearts I think the long term future of the team (i.e. the development of Flacco) would be better served by a loss - sort of like the Colts and the Andrew Luck thing - ensuring Cam's departure.

Tony Lombardi has it nailed (about Cam) - and I hope he's right that even if they win the Superbowl Cam's gone.

http://ravens24x7.blogspot.com/2012/...ast-stand.html

First play of the game offensively will be the exact run play Ray Rice broke first in the previous meeting. Vintage Cam.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Curious what folks think Cam might do in terms of "innovation" on Sunday. Scheme, tendency, or one-shot play-call. What is your best guess? The first ones that spring to mind are:

1. End Around!!!!
    2. Fake the end around and hand to Rice up the middle to exploit the space left by LBs checking in on Torrey.
    3. Lots of Boldin in the slot.
    4. Ray Rice -- halfback pass
    5. Screen to Dickson
    6. Counter-pitch to Rice.
    7. The Ram Game Play. Fake the pitchout to Rice left, roll out right, bomb it deep to Torrey. Worked three times against St Louis, haven't seen it since.

We are playing the 31st ranked defense in the NFL. Seems to me, they are going to have to over-commit in places to overcome their deficiencies, which means there are going to be some tremendous opportunities to exploit them. It is absolutely amazing to me how all week the #12 scoring offense in the league is being trashed like it's the 2000 Dilfer team or something, yet the fact that New England has the second worst defense in the league is just a minor bit of trivia.

Three yard "bombs" to Vonte Leech!

Re: Tony Lombardi on CAM

That's a very good read and is on point. It will be interesting to see what transpires after the season ends for the ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    I'm confused. Everytime someone posts about the media, the offense, the defense, the coaching, the game, the weather, Flacco, Rice, Lewis, Reed, etec, etc., someone posts, "Not another_______ thread."

So can someone please make a list of acceptable topics to post about, because I don't wanna ruffle any feathers. Maybe I can post about what collor socs the cheerleaders wear or something.

Help a brutha out.
    It isn't the topic, it's the number of same topics. Numerous threads on the same topic clog the boards and stifle discussion about other topics.

There were three threads about Cam this morning, all merged into one.

Re: Cam Cameron (Merged Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It isn't the topic, it's the number of same topics. Numerous threads on the same topic clog the boards and stifle discussion about other topics.

There were three threads about Cam this morning, all merged into one.
    No disrespect but, what other topics can there be. It's about strategy. It's obvious when you talk strategy, the offensive coach gets named as well as the players. What I find on most message boards are people talking about a topic and people cpmplainng about someone talking about a topic.

This is the reason the board gets clogged. Because people feel the need to defend their positions. Then you get a 30 page thread.

I have yet to see much football discussion this week, even as we have about 30 hours to go before the AFC Championship game.

What else can I talk about if not this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I truely hope the Ravens will win. But in my heart of hearts I think the long term future of the team (i.e. the development of Flacco) would be better served by a loss - sort of like the Colts and the Andrew Luck thing - ensuring Cam's departure.

Tony Lombardi has it nailed (about Cam) - and I hope he's right that even if they win the Superbowl Cam's gone.

http://ravens24x7.blogspot.com/2012/...ast-stand.html
    Very good read, AND spot on. Cam was only here this year because of the lockout, PERIOD. Time to go. Would love to see Brad Childress next year as I think he's the best option available considering Norv isn't gonna hit the market and I'm assuming the Pats will keep McDaniels(was originally thinking this was just a fluff to gain intel on Denver). Cam's gameplans just don't fit what Flacco does very well and instead only hampers him. Look at his stats career wise in the gun vs under center. Look at the Ravens offensive stats in a spread with Flacco at the helm vs a standard I formation.

Bottom line, QB's are ALOT harder to find than OC's. Flacco has one HUGE thing on his side. Stability.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Very good read, AND spot on. Cam was only here this year because of the lockout, PERIOD. Time to go. Would love to see Brad Childress next year as I think he's the best option available considering Norv isn't gonna hit the market and I'm assuming the Pats will keep McDaniels(was originally thinking this was just a fluff to gain intel on Denver). Cam's gameplans just don't fit what Flacco does very well and instead only hampers him. Look at his stats career wise in the gun vs under center. Look at the Ravens offensive stats in a spread with Flacco at the helm vs a standard I formation.

Bottom line, QB's are ALOT harder to find than OC's. Flacco has one HUGE thing on his side. Stability.
    It is a good read and I agree with the sentiment.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.