Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Here are some Trends/Patterns that I haven't seen much attention paid to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I am sure Brady and Belichick feel the pressure. These guys aren't dumb and they know they have lost some of their mystique in the past couple years. This can't sit well with them. Another loss to the Ravens at home would be more damaging to them than a loss by the Ravens in N.E.
    I agree. This over-euphoria re: that lame win over the Broncos and football's version of "hope and change" has raised expectations artificially and absurdly.

If they lose, then this whole "he has that look in his eyes" and "the Pats are back" mantra is going to be flushed. That will then take a good chunk of the sheen and luster off of Belicheat, and depending upon how Brady plays, could render him more a regular season QB than the one he used to be.

I keep arguing with my Pats buddy who says that just because Brady says he's going to play for years that time/age will get a hold of him and he too will begin to show signs of wear, tear, and age just like all the other greats within a season or two. At 34 he too is one good hit away from perennial problems.

Re: Here are some Trends/Patterns that I haven't seen much attention paid to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Welka_fan View Post
    Wow, you'd make a great car salesman, bro.

How do you INCLUDE the game where he was returning from injury, still not the same, the game after Wes Welker went down for the year on an offense where he clearly only had 2 targets?....(vs baltimore)

But NOT include the games before and after your sample there, both NFL Record-setting performances (6 tds vs Denver, NFL Playoff Completion % vs Jaguars). Talk about bias to make your ##'s look good lol. Because you declare denver division 2 yeah? Same with jags game? Because you don't approve we don't put them in sample? Got it. Include those 2 games please into your average and come back with your BS.

FWIW, I give Giants credit for a phenomenal performance in the SB from a ridiculous (all-time) pass rush. The Jets had one of the best defensive units in recent memory and played the game of their life (as good as they ever played. Alot of jets fans would agree. You can add some !!'s to that with the fact that they were so dedicated to that game that htey didn't even show up to the following AFCCG till halftime lol). I (and most pats fans) won't argue that we fell prey to two all-time great defensive efforts in those 2 games, but don't try to make that bigger then it is.
    I don't know, what was your prediction for that Giants' Super Bowl? Mine was Giants in a close one. I'm guessing that you too were in the clouds with your Pats in a rout mindset.

I've taken my Pats buddy fan to the cleaners for years on predicting his own team.

Sorry, I just don't think that the Pats will be able to handle what the Ravens throw at them on Sunday. Keep thinkin' that the sum total of the Ravens is Flacco, Reed, and Lewis.

I have yet to see one credible analysis how the Pats and their 4.6 YPC D is even going to remotely deal with Rice, the NFL's yards-from-scrimmage leader. I guess that doesn't matter for the reasons you mentioned.

LOL

Enjoy the game.

3. Re: Here are some Trends/Patterns that I haven't seen much attention paid to ...

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    So I see a trend here. Strong defensive teams will shut the Pats down in the playoffs. You left out the 14 point turnover fest against the Ravens in 2010, so that would be three times a top level defensive team shut them down in recent memory. Luckily you're not facing a top defense this week.. oh wait.

Then there's the Ravens who -- unlike the 2000 team that didn't score a TD for 5 games (who the media still thinks this is) -- scored 29 or more points 6 times, including against strong defenses like the Jets (34), Steelers (35) and Texans (29 in the regular season matchup). Now we draw the #31 defense in the NFL. Think we won't score 30? Better hope not, because the Pats won't.
    I refuse to give Ravens the credit I give the Jets or Giants for those performances..because the pats were so far from 100%. I'm not exaggerating--Wes Welker WAS teh offense that year, he was carrying brady back from injury. He relatively healthy arsenals for the other 2 games, so I can't argue with those. IF Ravens repeat and create turnovers on sunday, I eat my words.

As for Ravens offense..meh I'm not in research mode but off top of my head: didnt they score like 2 defensive TDS against jets, plus multiple short fields? I remember watching that game thinking WOW both offenses are terrible lol (admittedly sanchez sucked worse). Texans...29...doing the math..thats 5 FGS? IF I'm not mistaken Flacco had a few turnovers that game too? That type of performance won't get it done in foxboro.

Pats d isnt great, but 31 is a joke. Middle of the pack scoring D (skewed by sucky start)...top 10 in turnovers. Nature of the game when you put 30+ pts up weekly...up by several posseessions..that you give up tons of yards cause you can afford to. As long as they aren't resulting in 7s (scoring defense), you're gonna win...=success. Calling pats #31 is putting it under the Rams and Colts...which I think we all would agree is more of a result of the Rams and Colts not being able to fight back.

4. Re: Here are some Trends/Patterns that I haven't seen much attention paid to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Era at The U View Post
    I don't know, what was your prediction for that Giants' Super Bowl? Mine was Giants in a close one. I'm guessing that you too were in the clouds with your Pats in a rout mindset.

I've taken my Pats buddy fan to the cleaners for years on predicting his own team.

Sorry, I just don't think that the Pats will be able to handle what the Ravens throw at them on Sunday. Keep thinkin' that the sum total of the Ravens is Flacco, Reed, and Lewis.

I have yet to see one credible analysis how the Pats and their 4.6 YPC D is even going to remotely deal with Rice, the NFL's yards-from-scrimmage leader. I guess that doesn't matter for the reasons you mentioned.

LOL

Enjoy the game.
    Let me help you out with the Ray Rice analysis then. I mean I know his stats werent stellar because of injury..but Oakland's McFadden is pretty elite, no? 14 carries, 75 yards? That's a good YPC..but why in the world would oakland abandon an effective run game?

Lesean Mccoy..towards the top of the league in all statistical categories...eagles were at home...actually up 10-0 early...how do you explain 10 carries for 31 yards?

I remember Denver being ranked #1 (maybe just because of tebow's bs) rushing...they wre up several possessions early in our first game...but abandoned the run even though it was doing good damage. Is this a trend?

Neither qb commanded respect. When you present only one real challenge on offense, Belichick can deal...well documented. Throw in Pats O doing their thing and you get stats like that. Isnt that objective?

Blog Entries

I'll take 29 points and a shot of Yukon Jack in foxboro all day long.

How many times are you going to restate that teams were stacking yardage because they were playing from behind, I guess you didn't watch the last couple of regular season games were the Patsies were playing from behind.
    Again how many times are you going to remind us that Welker was hurt and Brady coming back from injury, if you want to go that route teams play with guys hurt all year long, and O'Yeah Reed has been playing with a pinched nerve in his neck for like 4 years.

Blog Entries

So are you now comparing Flacco to Tebow and Campbell or was a brand new Palmer in for that game.
    You might want to go back and look at situation stats or just continue to argue moot points.
    Denver is so 1 dimensional how could a D not adjust and shut them down. Go ahead and put 7-8 in the box against Flacco, hell throw 9 in there, I would bet a large sum that Flacco would have a field day.
    Come on Dude you come here and try to insult intelligent football fans with your bias points, your not dealing with JETS fans or Steeler fans. Nobody gives a shit about pointless stats of teams that were below average.

7. Re: Here are some Trends/Patterns that I haven't seen much attention paid to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    I'll take 29 points and a shot of Yukon Jack in foxboro all day long.

How many times are you going to restate that teams were stacking yardage because they were playing from behind, I guess you didn't watch the last couple of regular season games were the Patsies were playing from behind.
    Again how many times are you going to remind us that Welker was hurt and Brady coming back from injury, if you want to go that route teams play with guys hurt all year long, and O'Yeah Reed has been playing with a pinched nerve in his neck for like 4 years.
    I'll state the yardage thing as many times as you guys mention it by saying we're #31. Point of NFL is to score points to win games, so our defense was average 15th? scoring d. Period, end of story, stop trying to make yourselves feel better with the #31 yardage stat lol means absolutely nothing. Can you honestly say yardage allowed is more important then turnovers for a d? or more important then giving up tds/scores? so how are we #31 (something ive seen countless times on this forum)

Blog Entries

Nobody gives a shit if you are 31st or 15th or in the top 5 who we have played against multiple times this year. I guess you forgot that. Ok we will give you 15th which is still supbar from what we have played this year and won.

Pitt #1 x 2 wins
    Texans #2 x 2 wins
    SF
    Cincy
    I can go on if you'd like. The bottom line is your D is nothing compared to what we have played and O yeah another stat, all of those stellar Offenses that didn't get to play Broncos with horrible D's are home watching the playoffs.
    Your Defense Sucked this year during the regular season, if they play good on Sunday so be it, but they Sucked this year just like the Saints and GB

9. Re: Here are some Trends/Patterns that I haven't seen much attention paid to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Nobody gives a shit if you are 31st or 15th or in the top 5 who we have played against multiple times this year. I guess you forgot that. Ok we will give you 15th which is still supbar from what we have played this year and won.

Pitt #1 x 2 wins
    Texans #2 x 2 wins
    SF
    Cincy
    I can go on if you'd like. The bottom line is your D is nothing compared to what we have played and O yeah another stat, all of those stellar Offenses that didn't get to play Broncos with horrible D's are home watching the playoffs.
    Your Defense Sucked this year during the regular season, if they play good on Sunday so be it, but they Sucked this year just like the Saints and GB
    On a side note, I hate the ravens. I can't wait for brady to send yo a$$s home so I can come here and talk crap lolll.

But eh, fine, disqualify everyone that we played this year because they aren't all in the playoffs. Doesn't leave much to evaluate as far as the pats' season goes..I mean we shut down all the elite running games we faced, don't know what else you can expect. Some of those teams were playing very well at the time...I mean denver sent pittsburgh home..the eagles wrecked giants before we played them....but thats a long useless argument. Just know you're next.

Take the purple goggles off for a sec though..this is an away game for Baltimore right? Just like pats, one of the best home teams in league....How've they done away this year?

Baltimore 13 @ TENN 26. Early in season, one loss, no big deal

Baltimore 37 @ STL 7...see? no problem..dominated worst team in league/or 2nd worst

Baltimore 7 @ Jac 12...OK so flacco had another off day...just a letdown game

Baltimore 23 @ PIT 20...respectable

BAL 17 @ SEA 22....huh? does this team just suck on the road?

Baltimore 24 @ CLE 10...

BAL 14 @ SD 34. Jesus, does the baltimore offense just suck in away games?

BAL 24 @ CIN 16

Baltimore offense isnt inconsistent in away games--it just sucks. One good game against injury riddled, terrible rams team...maybe some respect for steelers win. Every single game mattered...winning just 1 more would have given you homefield. Look @ the rest, against some mediocre teams. Best case you're lookin at a low 20-something points from that sample...likely not good enough . pats will roll

10. Re: Here are some Trends/Patterns that I haven't seen much attention paid to ...

Hmmm another trend. The Ravens can't beat poor teams on the road. Last time I check the Pats are not a bad team. Is the game here yet? Should be a good one....

On that list I see 3 wins against teams with winning records.

I think you know where I'm going.

fwiw...the Falcons ran up 42 points against Tampa in the season finale, and were held to 2 (the next week) in the playoffs. offense doesn't always carry over; here's hoping the Pats' won't.
    have the Pats played a D as good as ours this year?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)