Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How Many Snaps did Pernell McPhee play vs. Houston?

I would like to see Suggs coming straight up the middle 50% of the time tommorow whether lined up or through stunts. Flushing Brady to a side will throw the quick hit timing off and extend the play to allow krugar and co. an extra second or so to get to him. Their running game is token, they aren't going to beat us with that. Forcing Brady to move by having your best rusher come up the middle also keeps Brady from being able to step up in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    I would like to see Suggs coming straight up the middle 50% of the time tommorow whether lined up or through stunts. Flushing Brady to a side will throw the quick hit timing off and extend the play to allow krugar and co. an extra second or so to get to him. Their running game is token, they aren't going to beat us with that. Forcing Brady to move by having your best rusher come up the middle also keeps Brady from being able to step up in the pocket.
    We need Ngata collapsing the pocket with suggs coming in on the outside. If Ngata hits Brady like he hit Big Ben last year, Brady might get a little nervous back there. We definately need to hit Brady often (not saying after the whistle or anything) and we can't let him get comfortable in the pocket. Hopefully, they'll get to the point where they need to leave one of their TE's in to block like we had to do last week.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    We need Ngata collapsing the pocket with suggs coming in on the outside. If Ngata hits Brady like he hit Big Ben last year, Brady might get a little nervous back there. We definately need to hit Brady often (not saying after the whistle or anything) and we can't let him get comfortable in the pocket. Hopefully, they'll get to the point where they need to leave one of their TE's in to block like we had to do last week.
    Agreed. Push up the middle is crucial. Get around Brady's feet and take away his ability to step up and he gets skittish.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Blog Entries

Pernell McPhee and Paul Kruger will have their opportunities to make their presence felt.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Hell with that. I'll take a couple 15 yarders to really get into his head. Make him so worried about the fact that were coming and we don't care about the flags we're gonna hit you anyway.

Is Ngata on the field in nickel / dime packages? I can see Brady going no huddle and getting the big boys tired if he is.

On NFL Matchup this morning, they showed last years game. When Pats went play-action, they succeeded in making Suggs hesitate a second, allowing Brady to go 7-9 and avoided getting hit.

OTOH, when they went empty, while he completed some passes, he got hit a lot and threw an INT.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I'll take a couple 15 yarders to really get into his head.
    I have no doubt there will be a couple of 15 yarders for hits on Brady, whether deserved or not. Brady will get the benefit of any doubt.