Blog Entries

Torrey Uses Madden NFL 12 to Study the Patriots

Funny lighthearted story. Torrey Smith seems like a very cool regular guy

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/ravens-w...-in-madde.html

Aside from being a top-selling video game, Madden NFL 12 can apparently be used as a scouting tool as well.

Ravens rookie wide reciever Torrey Smith told The Capital in Maryland that he is familiar with the Patriots' inner workings because his brother always selects them when they play Madden together.

"The biggest thing about New England is my brother always picks them in Madden," Smith said. "They pretty much always have the best offense for some years in that game. I play with the Ravens all the time now."

If there's any consolation to Smith's statement, Madden has predicted the correct Super Bowl winner during EA Sports' annual simulation of the game six times in the past eight seasons.

Smith also told the newspaper that he knows the Patriots fairly well from real-life experiences.

"I pretty much did everything you could do with New England as far as the draft process goes," Smith said. "I met with them at the combine, did a private workout, and I saw them around a lot. They have a great coaching staff, and you can see with the way their track record has been they know how to win."

Re: Torrey Uses Madden NFL 12 to Study the Patriots

Torrey needs to work on catching the ball cleanly so his madden catch rating will go up.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

GOTA--
    "Smith also told the newspaper that he knows the Patriots fairly well from real-life experiences.

"I pretty much did everything you could do with New England as far as the draft process goes," Smith said. "I met with them at the combine, did a private workout, and I saw them around a lot. They have a great coaching staff, and you can see with the way their track record has been they know how to win.""

And then the Ravens go out and draft the guy???

Shades of Josh McDaniels! ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    GOTA--
    "Smith also told the newspaper that he knows the Patriots fairly well from real-life experiences.

"I pretty much did everything you could do with New England as far as the draft process goes," Smith said. "I met with them at the combine, did a private workout, and I saw them around a lot. They have a great coaching staff, and you can see with the way their track record has been they know how to win.""

And then the Ravens go out and draft the guy???

Shades of Josh McDaniels! ;)
    Ozzie and Belechick are very close. Ozzie really learned everything from working under Bill in Cleveland. It wouldn't shock me that they like the same prospects.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

GOTA--
    Yeah, I know, but don't you think Belechik is concerned that Torrey may spill the beans about the Pats secrets to the Ravens? ;)