Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Troy Smith back in the AFC North

I have high hopes for Tyrod as our backup but I agree that Dixon has shown flashes. Maybe there's something we don't know but the coaches do. Batch likely retires and as SB said, they can call him in an emergency. Long time before these things need to be finalized

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I have high hopes for Tyrod as our backup but I agree that Dixon has shown flashes. Maybe there's something we don't know but the coaches do. Batch likely retires and as SB said, they can call him in an emergency. Long time before these things need to be finalized
    Think Ricky Proehl can be a #3 ? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Now, I do not have substantial information to support this, but I get the sense that Dixon and Smith have some key similarities. Both have been rumored to be guys who need attitude adjustments. SteelFaninBmore touched on an issue that has been floating around, behind the scenes, that Dixon has struggled with the play-book.

I would be inclined to think that this is a camp body situation, because the Steelers don't seem to gain much from this. Dixon may not want to be there. Smith can replace Dixon, but I don't see Troy making too many moves up the depth chart.

Tyrod Taylor has more potential than both of them.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

as I recall Dixon played well in that one start. I'll have to hold my nose and troll some Pigsburgh boards to catch some buzz as to whether he isn't getting it.
    did Troy Smith play anywhere this year? first time I'd heard his name in a while.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Troy was in the UFL this year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

My best guess, Training Camp fodder. Especially, if Dixon & Batch walk.

Another sign of the changing of players for the future steelers team of 2012. I beleive this is just the beginning of the new faces to play for the mighty steeler fans. Read a report where the rape case against ben was settled. No terms were announced as to what the settlement was. Hope the steelers can play good football in 2012, be a shame to have them non-competative for the next several years. By the time they get a team together, ben will be too hurt or old to work his magic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Another sign of the changing of players for the future steelers team of 2012. I beleive this is just the beginning of the new faces to play for the mighty steeler fans. Read a report where the rape case against ben was settled. No terms were announced as to what the settlement was. Hope the steelers can play good football in 2012, be a shame to have them non-competative for the next several years. By the time they get a team together, ben will be too hurt or old to work his magic.
    Come on, man

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

9. Re: Troy Smith back in the AFC North

Actually, if the Steelers become non-competitive..then that means all their bandwagon fans will finally go away!

I'm okay with them being non-competitive. Like..Browns/Rams-level non-competitive.