Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Arians didn't retire, says he was forced out - PFT article

I would take Arians as the OC for the Ravens in a heartbeat. The Steelers throw a little more then I am comfortable with, but I have always felt that they have had an imaginative offense. I think Arians would be a significant upgrade over Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I would take Arians as the OC for the Ravens in a heartbeat. The Steelers throw a little more then I am comfortable with, but I have always felt that they have had an imaginative offense. I think Arians would be a significant upgrade over Cam.
    As much as Rooney has apparently pissed off Arians, it sounds like he is still pretty close to Tomlin. So in deference to him, he would probably stay out of the division. Just my guess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    As much as Rooney has apparently pissed off Arians, it sounds like he is still pretty close to Tomlin. So in deference to him, he would probably stay out of the division. Just my guess.
    Unless he doesn't get another decent offer. Arians would want to go someplace that had their QB in place.

Re: Steeler's offensive coordinator retires.

Maybe instead of laughing, he is choking on his words after reading this.

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2012/0...ity/#more-6683

One more thing: why does it matter that Arians and Ben were tight? The reasoning that “somebody needs to keep Ben in line” is great if we’re talking about an off-the-field chaperone but silly given that Roethlisberger is one of the league’s best quarterbacks. Why does he need someone to be firm with him? What’s the point?

If the suggestion is along the lines of “Tomlin shoulda taken his ass out of the 49ers game after it was decided” then, yeah, I agree. But changing OC’s won’t affect that. Unless, of course, Rooney makes that decree, too. (Allegedly, of course.)
    Isn't it funny how I have a better grasp of what is going on in Western PA. that our resident homer of all homers? I called that shit the day it happened, and what do you know I was dead on the money.

Open your eyes Little Boy Blue, Jenny was getting a little too big for his britches.

Rooney made it clear that the most high risk inmate in the prison won't be running that asylum anymore.

Jen is the biggest attention whore ego maniac Pittsburgh has ever seen, and they needed to reel him in before it got even more out of control.

Word is BA is suppose to interview for the QB coach position for the Cardinals. Not surprising as they are the Steelers west with the former coaches/players that have gone there. I'm just relieved he is gone, no matter who decided it.

Blog Entries

QB coach is probably more suited for his skill; and he can play a lot of golf out there.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He has proven himself on the field as a winner, and turned off his fratboy mode. He has been pretty low-profile over the last few years. And some people just don't give up. We can all dig up crap from any team, does it matter? I will defend him here, years ago, yes years ago, he was convicted of nothing. Which is more than we can say for a good number of players on many other teams. For goodness sake let it go man! It is getting real old . . . .

He does (did) have quite a bit of say in the offense. He liked Arians. Many dislike Airan's approach (or lack thereof). But, Ben was at his best when he was calling plays on the fly, with the game on the line. Very few QB's in the league can do it the way he does. That tells me he has a keen sense of the intricacies of the game. Now, what needs to be done is to pair that up with a OC who can leverage that when needed and still maintain schemes, approaches, and philosophies that maximize results.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Jen is the biggest attention whore ego maniac Pittsburgh has ever seen, and they needed to reel him in before it got even more out of control.

He would be a good hire for our offense be a wise hire for several reasons.
    A) never had even average line play in Pittsbugh
    B) great WR coach- teaches WR's how get open and extend the play.
    C) good Qb coach to help Flacco. Ben and Flacco are similar but Joe in Cams offense rarely gets to extend the play cause the WR's stop running routes once route is over.
    D) good evaluator of WR talent.
    E) knows the Steelers and knows how they will attack our defense.

They the Steelers can try to change to more a run philosophy but they don't at present and the cap shape they are in will be likely able to do it. Like to see what
    Arians could do with Rice and 2 te's a better line than he had with Pittsburgh.

I think the Steelers were dumb to let him go and go with and go with a different system with the talent they have and the way the league is changed.

Money and opportunity talk, it's a business.

The Steelers are being stupid, they have no line but good fast WR's. It 's a passing league now. Without Ben they are a .500team and Arians knows that.

Why would Baltimore want him? He must have zero balls. If he had any balls at all he would have spoke up and had Benny boy sitting out games to recover from his sprain.

Ravens don't need the offense to have a "best friend" they need someone who is going to fix the problems with dropped balls and find a freaking o-line that will give Joe the time he needs to throw the ball on a regular basis.

They need someone who can actually come up with plays and not tear the cover off the local high school play book and glue a Ravens cover on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    He has proven himself on the field as a winner, and turned off his fratboy mode. He has been pretty low-profile over the last few years. And some people just don't give up. We can all dig up crap from any team, does it matter? I will defend him here, years ago, yes years ago, he was convicted of nothing. Which is more than we can say for a good number of players on many other teams. For goodness sake let it go man! It is getting real old . . . .

He does (did) have quite a bit of say in the offense. He liked Arians. Many dislike Airan's approach (or lack thereof). But, Ben was at his best when he was calling plays on the fly, with the game on the line. Very few QB's in the league can do it the way he does. That tells me he has a keen sense of the intricacies of the game. Now, what needs to be done is to pair that up with a OC who can leverage that when needed and still maintain schemes, approaches, and philosophies that maximize results.

52 called him a ego maniac and media whore.

Ben proves it every time he claims to be playing or claims to have played with a imaginary injury. Every time he limps off the field after a int and comes back in on the next drive and runs for 15 like there isn't a thing wrong with him.

Media whore. Needs to be the center of attention period.