Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

mike florio is the one pushing the ed reed flacco story

mike florio is the hack still pushing the ed reed flacco story in the national media. he must be auditioning for fox news where they take half of a statement and turn it into a national tragedy. and of course when you call him out for it on profootballtalk they dont publish it. this is an important week and we didnt need this kind of distraction. i guess florio has a man crush on brady so he is going do his part to disrupt the team that brady is most afraid of. im trying to find any email or twitter or whatever i can find to tell florio what i think of him as many times as i can. hes going to spend the next three days deleting hundreds of my contacts

2. Re: mike florio is the one pushing the ed reed flacco story

Florio is from WV & a big Steelers fan. He does a good job of trying to be objective, but anytime he can take a shot at the Ravens he does.

Re: mike florio is the one pushing the ed reed flacco story

Profootballtalk is a hack gossip website. Florio would peddle anything that gets him attention.

Blog Entries

Florio will push anything that get eyeballs. That's why the Rob Lowe knows that Peyton is going to retire story keeps popping up.

What Reed said was stupid. Yes, I think you need to put what he said in context to understand that it was not so much a criticism of Flacco as it was of the offense in general (and its coaches), but that said, they were still inflammatory and 98% of the national media is not going to understand, nor care, about that nuance.

They got a story and they are going to run with it, and beat it up as much as they can, in the hopes that Flacco, Reed or whoever will say something stupid again.

It is not a media contrived story and it is not just Florio.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Florio will push anything that get eyeballs. That's why the Rob Lowe knows that Peyton is going to retire story keeps popping up.
    Ding, ding, ding!
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Bad thread. I don't love Florio, in fact I dislike him and his website both, but nobody's "pushing" this story. It's big news, period. It's A Big Deal. I don't understand everyone trying to minimize this.

It's the week of the AFC Championship. Doesn't everybody always complain that the national media doesn't pay enough attention to the Ravens? I bet you're regretting feeling that way now. I know I sure am.

Just look at what's happening in New York. An ANONYMOUS player leaks some generic murmurs of dissatisfaction with Sanchez, and it's front page news for a week. I understand that's New York, but they're not even in the playoffs, for crying out loud!

I'm not surprised in the slightest this story won't go away because it's not too often that in the biggest game of the year, to a neutral observer one of the two teams has a locker room that's engaging in a media cat fight with itself.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Bad thread. I don't love Florio, in fact I dislike him and his website both, but nobody's "pushing" this story. It's big news, period. It's A Big Deal. I don't understand everyone trying to minimize this.
    So it's a "big deal" even though the players themselves laughed about it and said it's not?

It's certainly not just Florio. I had to leave the TV on mute as I watched NFLN, where it filled 20 minutes every hour. Same on ESPN, and the local talking head shows in NE.

Do you seriously expect them to admit that it's a big deal? How would that help anything? Of course Joe Flacco's not going to stand up there at the podium and say, "Yeah, I was pretty upset with Ed. I don't know why he felt the need to publicly insult me, and to a hack reporter, much less. The first time I heard of this whole thing was while sitting down, eating dinner. I have no idea why Ed didn't have the balls to come tell me to my face, or the brains to just keep his mouth shut, but hey, let's just play the game on Sunday."

That's not going to happen because Joe's got a little bit more sense than to start a full-on locker room war. Maybe he legitimately doesn't care in the slightest what his teammates think, but I kind of doubt it. When was the last time you remember any given team's superstar player calling out his QB THE WEEK OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME?

Maybe the week after, but the week of? I'm not saying I like it. I hate it! It's a horrible, unnecessary distraction. But it's not the reporters' fault. Anybody who says this isn't the story of the week is crazy.

I'm going to regret responding to this thread, but because I like PFT...how is he "pushing the story"?

There is one story on his site about it.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else recently on his site.

I have however, heard about at least 5 times a show on every NFL/Sportscenter that has aired over the last 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Do you seriously expect them to admit that it's a big deal? How would that help anything? Of course Joe Flacco's not going to stand up there at the podium and say, "Yeah, I was pretty upset with Ed. I don't know why he felt the need to publicly insult me, and to a hack reporter, much less. The first time I heard of this whole thing was while sitting down, eating dinner. I have no idea why Ed didn't have the balls to come tell me to my face, or the brains to just keep his mouth shut, but hey, let's just play the game on Sunday."

That's not going to happen because Joe's got a little bit more sense than to start a full-on locker room war. Maybe he legitimately doesn't care in the slightest what his teammates think, but I kind of doubt it. When was the last time you remember any given team's superstar player calling out his QB THE WEEK OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME?

Maybe the week after, but the week of? I'm not saying I like it. I hate it! It's a horrible, unnecessary distraction. But it's not the reporters' fault. Anybody who says this isn't the story of the week is crazy.
    First off, you act like Ed was singling Joe out, when he clearly wasn't. Second, the reporters have from the get go tried to take Ed's quotes out of context and make it into something it was not.

So no, it isn't a big deal, other than for the sports tabloids. The players have probably said FAR WORSE inside the lockerroom, and talk to each other every day, so I'm sure they aren't concerned or distracted by it in the least.